mcdonalds v salad

Options
I really fancy a mcdonalds for lunch but know I should get a salad! Didnt have tea last night just snacked so probably why I am craving carby meal,

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Try to regulate your food intake. Aim to eat proper meals made up of foods you enjoy, several times a day. Don't stress over single, occasional meals or hiccups. Do what you can to remove the "should"s from your eating.

Or you can continue to feel sorry for yourself and ask for reassurance, that's not going to change anything, but it will feel good for a little while.
  • laurenduffy1988
    laurenduffy1988 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have decided I am going to get a tuna jacket potato with salad as I am craving carbs however want something healthy and nuristing
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I often have a mcdonalds peri peri wrap for lunch, with crispy chicken (500kals) or grilled chicken (around 150kal less) I think, with a diet coke. Seems indulgent and is surprisingly filling, if u can fit it into your calories why not? I went to a resturaunt at the weekend and opted for spring veg soup thinking it was a good choice, looked it up later and with one slice of bread I had used up 450 calories....and was starving afterwards.....didnt feel like I had eaten at all.
  • laurenduffy1988
    laurenduffy1988 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am not calorie counting at the moment as trying to stop bingeing am just eating when hungry etc and trying to stop metional eating
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    so, laurenduffy1988, you are mindfully or intuitively eating. that's what i'm doing. i am learning to listen to my body and it's signals. I don't really count calories or measure portions. I did just buy a food scale because there are some things i do need to pay attention to portions on. But, i don't spend my days measuring portions because i think it's more important to pay attention to my body signals and what i need/want.
  • jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If it fits within the limits of your daily intake, no harm no foul.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds. I fit it in occasionally. All depends on what your calories look like for the day.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    TBH, the McD's salads are probably worse for you than one of the burgers.

how so? I regularly get a grilled chicken and bacon salad. the salad is just regular bagged salad and it's just chicken.

Chicken, cheese, bacon, and full fat dressing can easily add up to 500 calories, there are 500 calories in a big mac. If you have no cheese, grilled chicken as you suggested, light dressing or a smaller portion of dressing you could cut a few calories.

ETA: all of these things are fine imo, I'm a make it fit your calorie goal person. I had a big mac and medium fry a couple weeks ago and it was yummy.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    leelou84 wrote: »

how so? I regularly get a grilled chicken and bacon salad. the salad is just regular bagged salad and it's just chicken.

Chicken, cheese, bacon, and full fat dressing can easily add up to 500 calories, there are 500 calories in a big mac. If you have no cheese, grilled chicken as you suggested, light dressing or a smaller portion of dressing you could cut a few calories.

ETA: all of these things are fine imo, I'm a make it fit your calorie goal person. I had a big mac and medium fry a couple weeks ago and it was yummy.

the grilled chicken, bacon ranch salad is 270 without skipping cheese, and even if you get the full ranch and drain the packet, you're still sitting at 470. which is close to 500. But, to be fair, a Big Mac is 540
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

To be fair you could throw out the bacon, get southwest dressing and use the whole pack (if you like that sort of thing), grilled chicken, and come away with 330 calories, and none of the grease of the cheeseburger.

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug

That is probably the best way I have ever seen that put. Bravo sir. xD
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug

:laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

i had a coupon for a buy one big mac, get on free.

that was a great day. those things are delicious.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ok so we don't even have a cheese option (UK)
    I get 184 calories for grilled chicken and bacon salad, 21 calories for the fajita stuff.
    I tend to be out and about with a child who has a very limited diet (no judgement please, you have no idea of our story) so when I'm starving hungry and at the drive through it's really easy to grab a salad. I have been known to grab one myself when he's not with me. it's easy and I'm lazy.
    (for the record, if there were prostitutes that would come stroke my hair and hug me, I'd pay for that)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Ok so we don't even have a cheese option (UK)
    I get 184 calories for grilled chicken and bacon salad, 21 calories for the fajita stuff.
    I tend to be out and about with a child who has a very limited diet (no judgement please, you have no idea of our story) so when I'm starving hungry and at the drive through it's really easy to grab a salad. I have been known to grab one myself when he's not with me. it's easy and I'm lazy.
    (for the record, if there were prostitutes that would come stroke my hair and hug me, I'd pay for that)

Completely off topic, but knowing a few "ladies of the night" personally, that's actually what a good chunk of their working hours are spent doing. It's about a 50/50 split of sexing and affection stuff. You'd be amazed at how deprived of such things some individuals are.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Completely off topic, but knowing a few "ladies of the night" personally, that's actually what a good chunk of their working hours are spent doing. It's about a 50/50 split of sexing and affection stuff. You'd be amazed at how deprived of such things some individuals are.
    I probably wouldn't be amazed, just slightly comforted by not being the only one :p