Who else is going to try those Mac 'n' Cheetos from Burger King?

Options

Replies

• Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ummm...no, I won't be trying these. I didn't eat at Burger King even before starting MFP...don't see me doing it now.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Update: I tried them! They were pretty good in my opinion. Kind of reminded me of a cheese curd but less gooey!
    However, $2.50 for the whole thing. That's $0.50 per nugget. I feel like these would be a good drunk food.

Anyways, I'm pleased!

That's funny that you did the monetary amount, I would do the calorie amount, 310 for the whole thing 62 apiece. Not horrid but probably not an everyday splurge.

The calories weren't too bad for a treat. Honestly money is a bigger deterrent for me when it comes to cheat treats as I'm a student so I have to budget carefully.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    BK didn't invent these; They're called mac and cheese croquettes. Here's a recipe if you want to make your own. :)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/beas-mac-and-cheese-croquettes-50002951
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    BK didn't invent these; They're called mac and cheese croquettes. Here's a recipe if you want to make your own. :)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/beas-mac-and-cheese-croquettes-50002951

That's just fried mac n' cheese.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Correct. There is no Cheeto-y goodness, no orange fingers to lick clean, not the same. :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat fluorescent carcinogens (shudder).

If cheetos were a carcinogen, there'd be about 3 people left.

:D
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    BK is low on the list of desirably fast food places in my book but these look amazing. I love mac and cheese and I love Cheetos and I appreciate BK for making this a reality. :)
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The biochemistry of inflammation is complex, but when you consume this stuff, it sets off a cascade of chemical signals that affect gene expression and changes the immune responses. These effects include increased risk of cancer and heart disease.
    Yes, I am returning to this thread, much in the way a person is fascinated by tsunamis and train wrecks. I have trouble understanding how so many people supposedly devoted to health are embracing this, and are allowing their health to be dictated by corporations that make these products.
    I think it's very sad. I'm a preventive medicine doctor, and bragging about deliberately ingesting things like these goes against everything I believe in.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

No, it's breaded and fried mac n cheese. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Oh the things you learn from a thread when you actually read past the title... lol

I read the thread title as Mac n Cheerios I thought some of you were nuts for getting so crazy about tasting them. But..hey what do I know, I've never eaten Mac n Cheerios. :laugh: Least I understand all the excitement now, but It still doesn't quite appeal to me. :#
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Oh the things you learn from a thread when you actually read past the title... lol

I read the thread title as Mac n Cheerios I thought some of you were nuts for getting so crazy about tasting them. But..hey what do I know, I've never eaten Mac n Cheerios. :laugh: Least I understand all the excitement now, but It still doesn't quite appeal to me. :#

Have you been sipping on some sizzerp?
  • Witchdoctor58
    Options
    The biochemistry of inflammation is complex, but when you consume this stuff, it sets off a cascade of chemical signals that affect gene expression and changes the immune responses. These effects include increased risk of cancer and heart disease.
    Yes, I am returning to this thread, much in the way a person is fascinated by tsunamis and train wrecks. I have trouble understanding how so many people supposedly devoted to health are embracing this, and are allowing their health to be dictated by corporations that make these products.
    I think it's very sad. I'm a preventive medicine doctor, and bragging about deliberately ingesting things like these goes against everything I believe in.

I don't think anyone was "bragging" about eating these foods and if they were, it's not really your place to lecture anyone, Doc. Many people on this website, myself included, are on here to improve their health and make better choices overall and live a lifestyle change that is sustainable. I would assume a doctor like yourself would understand being busy and having to sometimes scramble for a quick meal or even want a treat once in a while. Kudos to you if you are able to eat a well balanced, "healthy" meal every time. I honestly couldn't. I think it is a little unfair to insinuate that everyone is a glutton who doesn't care about their bodIes. I actually started undergrad with a nutrition major and took a variety of classes and quickly learned there's some sort of food safety or health risk associated with so many foods that people consume, including fruits, vegetables, meats, and other foods you may deem "healthy" and recommend people eat. It may not be heart disease, but it could be a bacteria or botulism or a myriad of other issues.

As for me, I enjoyed my Cheetos treat and I guess when I suffer from heart disease from that one time I ate Mac n Cheetos, you can say "I told you so" and treat me and make money and everybody wins.

I never said anyone was a glutton. It's the cheerful self sabotaging aspect that bothers me. I'm mostly hanging around this thread hoping to educate and not lecture folks as to just why this kind of stuff is so dangerous. I ate way too much junk when I was a kid, and suffered for it. I don't think I suggested any heathy food alternatives, but I'm quite aware that rice and apples have arsenic and fish have PCBs and Mercury, etc.
    Yodels and ding dongs and bugles and peanut butter cup binges and greasy fast foods added up. I'm just saying, learn from my story and don't wreck your own bodies. It's not a true treat if it makes you sick.
    BTW, I work for a health department and don't make any money from bad decisions. I just have to fix the damage, but education to prevent the problem is ever so much more effective.
  • Witchdoctor58
    Options
    I'm tired of putting trying to put Humpty Dumpty together again, because he shouldn't have been sitting on the wall in the first place. But suit yourself. i don't think I'm out of line...I just care passionately about this. Please eat all the twinkles and fried koolaid that you want...as you say, it's none of my business if you should want to eat potatoes fried in week old cottonseed oil or pig out on pink McSlime. Enjoy. I am sure we are both glad that I'm not your doctor.
    Don't bother to reply...I'm quite done with this thread and won't be back.