40+, WITH 40+ TO LOSE!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• livelifelovemyself
    livelifelovemyself Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    41, with 65 to lose (at least). Looking for supportive friends.
  • urubaw
    urubaw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started with walking its a great place to start if you dont like working out. I can deal with sore legs lol. first I did my pace then started push to had an ad2 half mile till I got to 3 miles. I've lost 25 lbs doing this I can burn 500 to 700. In a walk depending on how fast my pace is or if Ive added some dance moves lol.
  • simpleisbetter
    simpleisbetter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    45 with 90lbs to lose just to at the low side of my BMI range. My daughter graduates next year and would love to have 2/3rds of the weight gone. Go to the gym 3x's week and doing more in the yard to keep me going. After she is gone it will be empty nester for me. Always put my kids and ex before me and now it's time for me. My kiddos are both so supportive and are great encouragers. I never tell anyone if I am excercising or dieting because then it comes with the hundreds of unwanted questions. Doing his for me so that I feel better about myself and future
  • heatherfrancesb
    heatherfrancesb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After gum surgery when I wasn't logging I can feel myself backsliding. Got back into logging today. Was a little over my calorie goal but I limited myself to eating too much savory rather than sweet which is easier to control. Yesterday I had a sandwich for lunch which I don't usually and I craved carbs the rest of the day. Best to just stay away. The nicer weather is making exercise easier at least. Keep up the good work everyone
  • CDamianStevens
    CDamianStevens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 with at least 42 lbs to lose!
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm tired of being a yo yo. Have had success and failures along the way. I am a work in progress and am refusing to give up.
  • kevin3676
    kevin3676 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you were geared towards only the ladies but I just turned 40 and most recently had a not so good doctors visit so I need to get going!
  • OperaSinger216
    OperaSinger216 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 yrs old, and I have about 65 lbs to lose. I go through spurts where I am highly motivated and successful, and then I will be busy and "fall off the wagon." My current motivation is a family vacation to Hawaii this July.

I was hoping to find others in he same situation. I'm looking forward to getting healthier with all of you
  • heatherfrancesb
    heatherfrancesb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    had 3 biscuits I shouldn't have had today. Got out the packet to make sure I logged them, and had a fourth. Oh well tomorrow is another day!
  • Sta827
    Sta827 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have been up and down with my weight since 2005. Lowest was 152, everywhere in between, highest was 258. I've recently lost 23 pounds through walking and watching my diet. Recently, I've found it a tad bit harder to stay motivated. I've suffered the loss of my brother, moved, staying with my aging parents to help care for them and started a new job 2 weeks ago after having the same employer for almost 20 years.

I'm looking for friends to help motivate and keep me on track! Add me!
  • ImWithHer
    ImWithHer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just saw a pic of myself taken yesterday and cried for an hour. I can't believe what I've let myself become.
  • cheers2012
    cheers2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    had 3 biscuits I shouldn't have had today. Got out the packet to make sure I logged them, and had a fourth. Oh well tomorrow is another day!

I can so relate to that. At least you logged them! Every day is a chance to start fresh.
  • mindy0518
    mindy0518 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and need to lose 40+++ pounds. I could use some motivation. I feel like I stay the same weight whether I eat healthy or not....whether I exercise or not. I need to stick with it for the long haul.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Need to lose 36 (already down 9). Having MFP friends and support is helping me make it happen
  • smwifey
    smwifey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread. My story is very similar to many others. I am 40, almost 41, married for 23 years. I have a 13 years old and a 21 year old. I started this journey (this time around) at 214.9 pounds, currently at 198.9. So happy to finally be in ONEderland. But I have probably 45-50 pounds to go. I have already dropped from a solid size 18 into a 14 (that is loose). Have the size 12 jeans hanging on the wall in the bedroom so I can see them when I work out. Just a bit of extra motivation. I could use all the friends and butt kickers I can get. I really need Jillian Michaels to come scream at me some days.
  • collteach328
    collteach328 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • JustMeNoExcuses
    JustMeNoExcuses Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm not new to MFP, but definitely need support to reach my goal!! I came close to giving up on here, but decided to start all over again!! Feel free to add!! :)
  • Bedg
    Bedg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How has your journey been going? I just found this thread. I am 40 (or will be in septemer, and have 40 to lose). Wishing you success!
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow - keep going! wedding= photos= take your look amazing :)
  • Sparkymel
    Sparkymel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Catching up on all the posts. Love all the support!