July Century plus cycling challenge

Options

Replies

• Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'll try for 100 again...but I am training for a 50K in the middle of July so that might be hard
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I hit 279 in June. I am going for 300 in July.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My goal for July is to ride 400 commuting miles on my road bike, climb 10,000 vertical feet on my trail bike, and descend 20,000 vertical feet on my DH bike.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Rode home from work today, 7.8 miles. I thought about taking the long way home, but I needed to get in a run tonight too, so I didn't want to push it too much. I plan to get in a really good ride on the trail this weekend, I really need to start strong this month!!

I reset my ticker. :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    My goal for July is to ride 400 commuting miles on my road bike, climb 10,000 vertical feet on my trail bike, and descend 20,000 vertical feet on my DH bike.

I wish I had multiple bikes for different types of riding!! LOL. Someday I'll get there.... :D
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    My goal is ZERO. Hiking instead on vacation through South Dakota, Yellowstone, Colorado, and possibly the Grand Canyon (not the path down, I would never make it back up).

Enjoy cycling. I'll join the August challenge.

Ooooohh, so jealous!! Enjoy!!!!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    July 1 - 14.34 miles
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Put me in for 100!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    44.5 miles today. Rode 24.5 miles out, then wasn't able to make it all the way back!!! Luckily my husband can pick me up if that happens! Found out that if I ride far enough down the trail it connects to another bike trail that runs 6.5 miles through a beautiful park! Unfortunately, I have to ride about 20 miles to get to it. I rode there, went 2.5 miles into the park, then had to go 2.5 miles to get back out, then headed back home.

Ticker updated. Yay! I'm off to a good start!! And that's the farthest I have ever gone on my bike, btw. :)
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Pooped from yesterday's shenanigans.

July 1 - 14.34 miles
    July 2 - 30.03 miles
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I'm at 42 miles for the month as of today. I also road my 1000th mile since starting biking again in mid-April.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    With today's 66 that puts me at 86 for the month. I have been asked to ride on Monday also, Sunday is on the boat.

Here is the link to my ride today. The first 40 miles was extremely hard. Look at the elevations. From 40 to 66 was mostly playing around and not doing much and then I decided to climb a 4th hill. Got part way up and my wife called and said to meet her for lunch with a bunch of people.

I made it up each of them hills but was slow, so slow the butterflies could fly through my spokes, but I didn't quit or walk.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/96374648 Again look at the elevations.
  • scottg9999
    scottg9999 Posts: 30
    Options
    My goal for June was 200 and I got in about 250... For July I am going to up the challenge and go for 300 miles.

44 miles in today so 254 miles to go!

Hoping to get in a couple big rides on Sunday and Monday prior to work and a couple of upcoming business trips!

Scott
  • solpwr
    Options
    I rode up the Summit Trail at Big Mountain in Whitefish, MT yesterday to the top of Chair 2. It was a gain of 1,050 feet in elevation, my HRM said that I climbed a total of 1,300 feet, which makes sense because it is tracking all climbing including the amount from slight descents on the traversing across the mountain side.
    I installed the iMapMyRide app on my phone, and turned it on for the ride.
    You can check out how it worked here:
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/39758804
    And this is a photo I took part way up:
    98751ba0.jpg
    Another one:
    ca10ce8f.jpg
    This snow was from a week ago, in one week it has totally melted away. Summer is here! I stopped at this point last week.
    74dd0354.jpg
  • thcri
    Options
    did 20 more this evening which gets me to 106 for the month. I hope I can keep this pace going.
  • solpwr
    Options
    With today's 66 that puts me at 86 for the month. I have been asked to ride on Monday also, Sunday is on the boat.

Here is the link to my ride today. The first 40 miles was extremely hard. Look at the elevations. From 40 to 66 was mostly playing around and not doing much and then I decided to climb a 4th hill. Got part way up and my wife called and said to meet her for lunch with a bunch of people.

I made it up each of them hills but was slow, so slow the butterflies could fly through my spokes, but I didn't quit or walk.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/96374648 Again look at the elevations.

That was a bunch of climbing you put in. Hilly!
  • thcri
    Options
    I rode up the Summit Trail at Big Mountain in Whitefish, MT yesterday to the top of Chair 2

That is some beautiful country.
  • thcri
    Options
    did another 25 this morning. that puts me at 131 for the month
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I rode up the Summit Trail at Big Mountain in Whitefish, MT yesterday...

That looks like an awesome ride. Beautiful! I wish I had someplace like that to ride... the hills scare me a bit, though. LOL

@thcri: I already said this on the post on your page, but that 66 mile ride was awesome as well. I love how you can post all that data, too.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    July 1 - 14.34 miles
    July 2 - 30.03 miles
    July 4 - 46.31 miles