Teachers who gained weight due to teaching!!

Options
I decided after talking with a friend(who also teaches) to join MFP! I am on day three and I have successfully had three good days so far! My problem is during the school year it was easy to eat away the stresses of teaching! I didn't do so bad during school hours! The problem was going out to eat and binge eating when I got home! My size 18 that I started with at the beginning of the school year was no longer "my big pants!" I seem to do better in the summer! I plan on getting to a healthy weight!! I would like to lose 20 pounds or more before school starts back up! Open house is just around the corner!! I challenge any school teacher! Let's see how much together we can lose by August 25! #Iteach4th

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    The fact that open house is around the corner makes me cringe. :lol: Elementary art teacher here though. I can attest to the fact that it is easier during the summer because all the goodies coworkers put out during the year are irresistible and hard to log. But you got this! Good luck!
  • hollyegan98
    hollyegan98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pizza on Friday and cupcakes!!! phew!! Let's do this!!
  • jnetholmer27
    jnetholmer27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am the same way...after school I eat endlessly but eat correctly during the day. Sending you a friend request. My goal is 25 by august 25th
  • hollyegan98
    Options
    I just had to make my son his 13th birthday cake!!!! I only ate a piece usually by now I would have eaten another!! I am keeping myself within moderation!!!
  • hollyegan98
    Options
    I thought we could share websites and maybe use this forum as a tool for professional development!! Have any of you fellow teachers used flocabulary? It is probably one of my favorite teaching tools! Anyone else have any favorite websites to share? Oh and I am down 2.8 pounds since starting last Wednesday! I am trying to weigh in on every third day! 22.2 more to go for the lose 25 lbs before open house!
  • Naomii28
    Naomii28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same! I started stress eating three years ago when I started teaching and I can't stop stress eating tbh.
  • carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    HS teacher here. I totally understand!
  • hollyegan98
    Options
    So I pulled a muscle in my neck and I am going on my second day of no exercise!! I am staying within my limit though!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm in! School makes me fat! Between stress, long hours, etc I am always heavier in June than September!!
  • chrisnawoo
    chrisnawoo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just got back on track and exercise 2 weeks ago.The last two months was hard for me as a sped middle school teacher.Now it's summer here in Hawaii but my principal wants me to teach resource classes for science 7 & 8 beside math 8 that I taught this past school year.Prepping for the sciences lesson plans is stressing me out on the first few weeks of summer break but now slowly getting a hang of it.Thanks for teacherpayteacher online resources for teachers help me to have to time to do my house chores to do list and exercise 4 times a week at least.Staying on track for the past 2 weeks.
  • kooshky
    kooshky Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have one more year before becoming a teacher. Maybe some of you can give me advice? :smile:
  • sbaten
    sbaten Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I gained 7 lbs this past school year. Definitely stress eat in the evenings and don't take the time to cook good meals because I'm exhausted.
  • Weeese
    Weeese Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    University lecturer- and can totally identify which what you said! Feel free to add me fellow teachers and will be sure to follow #Iteach4th!
  • Weeese
    Weeese Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kooshky wrote: »
    I have one more year before becoming a teacher. Maybe some of you can give me advice? :smile:

Advice, hmmmm.... Maybe make sure that the MFP way of life is engrained in your routine as you move towards graduation and employment. Stick to it daily as you progress through stressful times and lean on your friends when u feel the urge to splurge on calories. Best of luck friend. :smile:

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I gained about 14lbs in the 3 years i taught. I used to eat sweets for lunch for energy whilst i set the classroom up for the next session. I used to buy boxes of chocolates and family bags of crisps on the Way home just to numb the stress.

I gave up teaching, lost the weight and never looked back.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Really? I lost weight teaching. Finding it harder to do incidental exercise as a new stayathome mum
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    HS SpEd teacher here and completely understand. I'm down 25 lbs and have about 61 lbs to lose...
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 40... Hoping to shed 20 of it this summer and then the rest next year... I really hope that I don't gain it back during school! I am going to try to avoid all the miscellaneous "treats" that start to add up.