whats your go to healthy dinner?

Options

Replies

• phanatic82
    phanatic82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I usually go with chicken breast with salsa and veggies, though I sometimes mix up the veggie options. Lately I have discovered cooking my veggies on the grill with a little bit of ranch seasoning.
  • JUiCY_KiSS
    JUiCY_KiSS Posts: 8,512 Member
    Options
    I sauté chopped cabbage,bell peppers,onions,chickpeas,rotel and a little taco seasoning in a little olive oil then I mix in cooked ground turkey. Another go to meal is a cooked egg on avocado toast with a side of fruit.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey meatballs with 2 cup of mixed veggies, a whole wheat pita bread,and hummus
  • errolhammond460
    errolhammond460 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, Chicken and Brocolli that's what working for me.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Usually my go to healthy dinner involves fish because it is so quick to cook!
    I always keep Salmon, Tilapia & Shrimp in my freezer at all times.

Sauteed Shrimp & Asparagus with Lemon Juice is one of my fav's
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Soup. It's filling, easy and so many different flavours to choose from.
  • ClarissaMcDaniel
    ClarissaMcDaniel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Healthier version of fried rice. Brown rice, egg whites, pineapple, low sodium soy sauce, seasoned with ground ginger and salt.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    With time to cook, pan seared chicken thighs with sauteed shallots, mushrooms, garlic and a green veg. No time/lazy? Morning Star veggie burgers (Grillers original) and salad/toast.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Healthier version of fried rice. Brown rice, egg whites, pineapple, low sodium soy sauce, seasoned with ground ginger and salt.

om nom nom. This sounds yummy!
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    white american cheese & dill pickle egg white omelette. don't knock it til you try it ;)

Pickles and eggs are definitely a thing in my book. Yum!
  • vjirons
    vjirons Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Grilled Salmon with cabbage, onion, mixed peppers and sweet potatoes.
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Let's see turkey tacos
    Baked chicken and veggies
    Fish and veggies
  • caroljlilly
    caroljlilly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few favorites:
    1. Fish Tacos w Trident Alaskan Pollock Burgers (160 cal/ea; 18g protein; 5g carbs; 1 fish burger = 2 tacos). Mission corn tortillas (70 cal) w all the trimmings (avacado, salsa, chopped lettuce, feta cheese, squeezed lime, fat free sour cream). Yum!
    2. Individual pizza; use a pita round (120 cal) w 1/2c spaghetti sauce (60cal); feta cheese; sausage or turkey pepperoni, sauteed in water onion & bell pepper & mushrm, sliced tomatoes, chopped olives, garlic); feel like Im cheating!
    3. Favorite snack or dinner side: organic edamame sprinkled w Montreal seasoning (hi in salt); only 140 cal. Very satisfying.

I dont "diet". Spend my calorie allotment how I want (usually healthy stuff but not always). As long as I stay w/in my allotted calories -- I lose weight!! You can too!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I guess I really don't have a go to..my wife and I are avid cooks and we make all kinds of different stuff and we eat very healthfully.

Last night I grilled some salmon and we had baked sweet potatoes and medley of zuchini, summer squash, red onion, spinach, and garlic sauteed in coconut oil and about 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Grilled Chicken breast with baked bean.
    Grilled Chicken Tacos with Radish and Feta Cheese and a touch of salsa.
    Orange Roughy & Broccoli & Cheese Brown Rice
    Grilled Steak marinaded in Low Sodium Teriyaki sauce served with Mango and Pineapple salad.
    White Chicken Chili.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I put a lot of my dinners over a bowl of greens, usually organic spring mix or 'power' greens - baby chard, spinach, romaine, collard, etc. Burgers, chicken, chili, stews, and even some of the Paleo sauces I make, like an *kitten*-kickin' Bolognese (http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/secrets-to-a-good-paleo-bolognese-sauce/). Since I don't eat pasta, and I don't have a spiralizer, it's a good way to eat stuff that would normally go over pasta or rice. Whole Foods now has packaged spiralized butternut and zucchini 'noodles', but not consistently.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables and steak. Lol. (Is that weird? For a 23yr old woman?)

Sometimes I like a chicken wrap for dinner, wholewheat wrap with chicken breast, grated apple, cranberries and greek yoghurt. Sounds odd, tastes great. :p
  • MrSimmers
    MrSimmers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kinilaw with vinegar and garlic
  • firewife73
    firewife73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Zucchini boats stuffed with ground turkey and sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Lots of yummy Garlic!!
  • silmacri
    silmacri Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli stir fry and Mexican ground turkey and quinoa. My two favorites right now

Can you please share your Beef and Broccoli stir fry recipe? Thank you.