NSV! Involving knitting! (weird, I know)

Options
learnbygoing
learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
I'm a knitter. I knit, and sew, and crochet, and next I want to learn to quilt. I LOVE knitting, especially being able to knit myself pretty things to wear :D For the past 2 years I've been drooling over a sweater pattern that I wanted to make. But I refused to start it because it has horizontal stripes, and with the extra weight I was carrying I knew it would just make me look bigger.

Last week, I started the sweater :D Don't the colors just make you want to smile?

IMG_1646.jpg

Replies

• chadam1015
    chadam1015 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love the colors. It is going to look good on you! Great job!:smile:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Very cute. I do like the colors. And those strips have nothing on you! :]
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thats super cute!!!! I just started knitting......i can make a scarf!!!! lol thats as far as ive gotten. but it has to be one color.... i dont know how to change colors! lol
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Great job on both the weight loss and the sweater so far! My 17 yo DD just made that very pattern in dark blue and silvery/grey stripes and it turned out so pretty! I love the colors you chose too!
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    I love the colors!!

I'm trying to get into knitting right now. Its such a nice escape from things, and it keeps me out of trouble. A fantastic start, be sure to show us pictures of the sweater when it is finished!
  • alexwalper
    alexwalper Posts: 81
    Options
    It's beautiful! Those horizontal stripes will look great :).
    I'm an obsessive knitter, so I totally know what you mean about waiting to start specific sweater patterns :).
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Love those colors together! Looks like a smoothie! :DDD Mmm...

You knit extremely well! You could make a profit from that! Good job!
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    oooh thats lovely, i love knitting raglans and the colours are fab!

is it from a purchased/free/personal pattern?
    i've promised myself that when i get to my target size/weight i'll invest in some expensive yarn and knit an item of clothing for me!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sweet. This is a NSV I never would have thought of. I knit, crochet, and sew, too, but I never get around to making myself anything. I've had my eye on a crocheted hoodie for a while, but at my current size, I'd be at it forever (and it would cost a fortune). Now I'm motivated to get to my goal weight so I can finally make that hoodie for myself. Thanks!
    ~TheGlitterMouse
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I tried to knit, I failed miserably. I'm a good doll maker though! :flowerforyou:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've never knit an article of clothing for myself because I'd want it in nice yarn and it would take a LOT of yarn. When I get to my goal, I want to make myself Annie Modesitt's corset tank top in Artyarns Regal Silk.
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    awesome! nothing better than making your own stuff!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's looking great already - you are a good knitter. And the colours are gorgeous, well done on your NSV!
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    not weird at all!!! you've done amazingly and thaat sweatter is gonna be super cute on you!!!

I'm totally with you on how amazing that knowledge makes you feel! That you CAN start that long awaited project because NOW is the time!! Its better than ANYTHING (even any food!!)

thankyou for posting this! you've re-kindled my love for crafting and I'm gonna take time to finish all the half-done knitting and sewing projects I put down last year when I told myself ''what's the point? They're not gonna fit me anyways!!''

They WILL fit me soon and I wanna have that pride when someone asks where I got it and I say I made it myself!! I LOVE THAT!!

congrats again on your success!! please post a pic when you've finished the sweatter!! will love to see you in the completed garment!!

xx
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That is so cute! I am also a knitter, but I have never knitted anything for myself because of my weight. Hopefully soon I will be knitting myself a super cute sweater like that!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    And it fits, awesome!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love this! I think you just inspired me to pick up the needles after a long knitting hiatus. It looks great and so do your arms in your profile pic.
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement, guys! And it's so good to see other knitters here on MFP...if any of you are on Ravelry, come find me! My username is harrowinggrace.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    That's awesome! I've never knit an article of clothing for myself because I'd want it in nice yarn and it would take a LOT of yarn. When I get to my goal, I want to make myself Annie Modesitt's corset tank top in Artyarns Regal Silk.

and i am quite certain you will look smoking hot in it! that is a fantastic top. i love me some annie modesitt. she made my wedding dress! :-)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I love it its beautiful
    I taught myself to crochet and sew, I would love to learn to knit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!