What do people buy and eat to get through a low calorie day?

Options
2»

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    During the week I am very predictable - the weekends are a little slippery

Weekday routine:
    Coffee w 7% cream, whole wheat toast with PB and banana

2 hard boiled eggs, Greek Yogurt, 20 toasted almonds, sometimes tomato cup a soup

100 gms protein (chicken, turkey, shrimp), huge salad - spinach/mache with tomatoes, onions, cukes, zukes
    Olive oil/balsamic.

1, or sometimes 2, glasses of wine

• m3bean
    m3bean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash!!! very versatile and you can keep it low calorie but it's super filling, add a bit of pasta sauce and some other veggies and you have a great low cal pasta.

Especially good with pesto!!
  • m3bean
    m3bean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Celery! Clean and cut in strips and fill container with water and refrigerate. Nice cool crunchy snack when you open the refrigerator! Same.with radishes - yum!
  • Lovastatin
    Lovastatin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I
    m3bean wrote: »
    spaghetti squash!!! very versatile and you can keep it low calorie but it's super filling, add a bit of pasta sauce and some other veggies and you have a great low cal pasta.

I never had spaghetti squash & I rarely use my oven in the summer here in the Chicago area but I will surely try it in the winter & spring as I read that it is available then.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Baby carrots
    - Persian cucumbers w lime and salt
    - Fresh peaches
    - Fat free Greek yogurt w berries
    - Fried egg cooked in spray oil or boiled eggs
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat apples every day and I dust them with a little bit of cinnamon sugar. Granny Smiths give me just the right amount of sour and sweet. I cut them into thin slices so I can snack at my desk throughout the day.

Also unsalted pretzels, about 100 cal for 20.

Hard boiled eggs.

And lots of h2o!!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Lovastatin wrote: »
    I

I never had spaghetti squash & I rarely use my oven in the summer here in the Chicago area but I will surely try it in the winter & spring as I read that it is available then.

I microwave mine, it steams pretty quickly. I love to use a veggie spiralizer, and steam them in the microwave. Then I just top it with whatever sauce I want, I generally avoid any cream sauces though.
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    My diary is open too

My diary is open and I eat same foods everyday and always full and very satisfied
    Basically it's all whole foods nothing processed no chemicals or additives
    So simple ingredients in every meal:
    Avocados (2-3 a day!)
    Tons of vegetables (80% plant based)
    Fish eggs and sometimes grilled chicken breast but I plan to go back to vegetarian next week
    No sugar no dairy and no gluten ever
    Once in while quinoa
    But mostly high vegetables and fat and lean protien limited carbs
    Feel free to add me
  • Lovastatin
    Options
    MrsFarrow wrote: »
    I eat apples every day and I dust them with a little bit of cinnamon sugar. Granny Smiths give me just the right amount of sour and sweet. I cut them into thin slices so I can snack at my desk throughout the day.

Also unsalted pretzels, about 100 cal for 20.

Hard boiled eggs.

And lots of h2o!!

Never tried a Granny Smith but will now.
  • Lovastatin
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    Lovastatin wrote: »
    I

I microwave mine, it steams pretty quickly. I love to use a veggie spiralizer, and steam them in the microwave. Then I just top it with whatever sauce I want, I generally avoid any cream sauces though.

I will try steaming the spaghetti squash.
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A few of my fave's: Cucumbers, apples, carrots, celery, prunes, and anything higher in fiber (filling) and lower in calories, and at least one serving of lean protein like chicken. Spring mix salad with a tbsp of olive oil, vinegar, tomato, onion, avocado, cheese, and a lean protein makes a filling lunch. Hard boiled eggs are good for snacking. Find alternatives to ranch for raw veggies. Hummus us a good option, and many places carry other lower calorie dips. Sprouts carries one called Opadipity...SOOO GOOD. There are a few flavors, and each is under 60 cals per 2 tbsp I think. Also a flatbread can serve as alternative to regular bread for sandwiches. Flat Out's flat bread (around 90 calories) is SOO good and filling with sliced baked chicken breast, hummus, or low calorie dip (or a little lite mayo), and onion or whatever veggies you like.
  • Marycycles
    Marycycles Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I don't have low-calorie days.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    maryhecker wrote: »
    I exercise so I don't have low-calorie days.

This is a good point, I'm still a bit limited exercise wise due to a knee injury which is (gradually) getting better, and the low calorie diet that forces me into is tough to maintain. When I can move more life will be much easier, and I will definitely take the opportunity to eat more rather than lose faster!