• inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I used to fry my eggs but now I sometimes boil them to cut down on butter and oil calories. I love soft boiled the best but I usually leave them in too long and they end up being hard boiled. I eat the yolks because that's where most of the nutrition is.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    inezbruce wrote: »
    Crustless quiche

so a frittata
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love yolk.. so over easy is my favourite way.. but I eat them all ways.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 egg with a tablespoon or so of cottage cheese and scramble them. I also eat a hardboiled egg mixed with cottage cheese for breakfast during the week at work. I also mixed a boiled egg with tunafish salad. I also like a fairly runny yolk on top of toast.
  • jenniday1229
    jenniday1229 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sunny side up on whole wheat toast with sliced 1/2 avocado. Scrambled with smoked salmon and a little cream cheese. Scrambled and mixed in grits. Frittatas with lots of veggies.

I never knew fried eggs were made with oil until I saw a friend make them. I've always used a nonstick pan and spray.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Cooked, unless they're in cookie dough, then cooking is optional.
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with black beans jalapenos and cheese. My kids wrap theirs in a tortilla but I dont.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I almost always eat the whole egg. Occasionally I'll have a couple whole eggs and then just the whites of a few more to bulk up an omelette without blowing calories for that meal and the dog gets the extra yolks then. Eggs are THE most filling meal I have tried at breakfast. I can do just a couple eggs with toast and stay full for hours.

I've perfected microwaved scrambled eggs - soft, not spongy and unless you saw me pull it out of the microwave you wouldn't know it's how they were cooked. Cook 30 seconds at a time, stir and break up chunks a little and cook another 15 to 30 seconds, repeat if necessary until still just a smidge runny (mostly cooked) then mix and let sit for minute or two and do not cook more - residual heat finishes the cooking. I eat eggs boiled, over easy alone or on stuff, poached lightly then on stuff, chopped in and on stuff, omelet, frittata, so many ways.

I'm always looking for an egg sale - this week my IGA has them 50 cents a dozen. Bought 4 cartons B)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I go egg whites usually. Nothing wrong with yolks but I'm a volume eater and like to break up my macros. If I take the fat from the eggs, then I can also have bacon. Or one slice of back AND avocado.

I will put a full hard boiled egg or two in a salad, but then the cheese is low fat and the only dressing is hot sauce.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love eggs!! I like mine over easy then I put it on top of my oat bran or quinoa. It's my fav breakfast and it keeps me full for several hours. If you look at my diary it usually always my 2nd meal of day
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I eat the yolks, because they're delicious and nutritious. Mostly I make things like protein powder pancakes with them. I've been craving an avocado and cheese omelette.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like them all! Don't have fried very often because they end up a bit oily whocv I don't like. Love poached eggs and boiled eggs on toast. Scrambled is good too but I hate washing a scrambled egg pan so don't have them often. I always eat the yolks.

Tomorrow morning I'm planning an omelette.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I dont eat them for breakfast unless theyre scrambled eith chorizo. But i love them for lunch. Either soft boiled sliced in half with a sprinkle of salt and pepper next to some grapes and cottage cheese with a glass of veggie juice. Or hard boiled and cut up and put on top of my salad
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Scrambled, over medium, in an omelette, or hard boiled. I love egg salad for lunch: two hardboiled eggs, a tablespoon of mayo, a teaspoon of dill relish (or other relish) and/or a few capers, a bit of horseradish or mustard.

Without the yolks, forget it. The whole anti-yolk thing is yesterday's news.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled with salt on the go.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Soft boiled, poached or fried, as long as the yolk is runny. Scrambled is disgusting to me. The texture is just wrong.
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    boiled
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I started buying egg whites to bump my protein up a little bit without adding that many calories. I don't dislike the yolk. It is just cheaper to buy egg whites in bulk (Yay for Costco!). I have been mixing some egg whites with chipotle pepper and scramble them in the microwave. Then I mix the scrambled whites in with whatever veggie I have for dinner.
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of eggs I only eat them scrambled (usually with either cinnamon or hot sauce) or in cake form.