How do you eat eggs?

Options
How do you like your eggs? Do you eat the yolks? Why or why not?

Replies

• andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like scrambled on toast. I eat the yolks because I don't want to waste them and I feel like they can be part of a healthy diet.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't like the texture of hard boiled, and I hate runny yolks. I always scramble mine or make an omelet. Frittata are also very nice. Yolks are where the fat is but also all the vitamins. So I happily eat my yolks also.

http://www.epicurious.com/expert-advice/ultimate-easy-frittata-recipe-article
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I make an omelet. I like to eat vegetables with breakfast and it's an easy and tasty way. I wouldn't waste the yolks. My second favorite is poached and then over easy (I do like runny yolks).
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I eat them all the ways, but over easy is probably my favorite. I love me a runny yolk.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I crack one into a bowl, add a couple tablespoons of egg whites, cover, and microwave for just over a minute. When done, I add some sugar free syrup and go to town. :)

The yolks are delicious and good for you so, hell yeah, I eat them!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite way is poached, I just rarely have them and I don't know how to do it myself. I mostly eat them as an omelet, scrambled, or fried. I like it when they're runnnnnnnny.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I will punch anyone who tries to take my yolks. Eggs are a huge staple in my diet, especially when I'm not happy with the week's meat selection at the store. When in doubt, put an egg on it!

I'm on a soft boiled kick right now. Smashed on a piece of toast, in soup or ramen, on rice with sriracha!
    Brussels sprout, potato, and mushroom hash with a poach eggs on top.
    Pasta with ham and spinach with a hard-cooked fried egg mixed in.

Also, sunnyside up, over easy, soft scrambled, "frambled" (a stupid word Bon Apetit magazine made up - fried-scrambled), as a fritatta
  • NeverGiveUpKMV
    NeverGiveUpKMV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sunny side up! I love to put eggs on all sorts of dishes. From asparagus to pizza and salmon to potatoes they add a little protein boost with some heathy fat thrown in too. They also add an awesome, silky texture and give whatever you're eating a different flavor profile :)
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Over easy is my favorite too. Just a little runny for white bread toast dippin'.

But... When we were on our honeymoon we had breakfast burritos at the resort cafe almost every morning. They were simply scrambled eggs, with diced peppers and either ham or bacon topped with Marie Sharp's hot sauce. (Which is seriously the best hot sauce I've ever had. And thankfully you can find it in the states or buy it online.) We usually have deli meat & peppers in the house so I make it all the time. Usually we eat it just as scrambled eggs. But occasionally we have tortillas and then its a no brainer. It's even been served on pre-made pizza crusts.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I love eggs and eat lots. I usually do 1 or 2 whole eggs with some egg whites. If I am low on calories or planning a big meal later in the day, I will just eat the egg whites. I do sunny side up, scramble, or make an egg sandwich. Just depends on my mood.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Any way. I love eggs and I eat them whole. I had breakfast with a patient the other day and had poached eggs on toast. So good.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Over-cooked scrambled eggs are nasty... But a perfectly done poached or fried or sunnyside-up with the whites all cooked but the yolk still runny - BLISS. Or, expertly done fluffy scrambled eggs with crumbled bacon and plenty of cheese thrown in at the very end - also delish. I thought I hated eggs growing up, but that's just because my mom always made them scrambled, and cooked the living bejeeples out of them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    scrambled, fried over easy, hard boiled, omelettes...you name it. Yes, I eat the yolks...that's where the bulk of the actual nutrition is. The notion that yolks are somehow bad for you was debunked years ago...
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Eggs, wonderful eggs, I love them! I eat one whole egg and two whites usually because I want more than one egg and the two egg whites add protein without a lot of calories. I eat them every which way, but one of my favorite ways is to slice a few shallots into my scramble and then top with smoked salmon.

Because I don't eat two of the yolks, I like to make a mask (with 1 tsp. of olive oil -I usually only use one yolk) so I don't feel as guilty about wasting them. Also, sometimes my cat will eat one.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    eggs on toast (either boiled or sunny side up) is a favorite snack, as are deviled eggs. Omelets, frittatas, quiche. Egg fried rice. Egg drop soup. Egg salad. I like a fried egg over beans. I mix boiled eggs into salads.

We have chickens so we always have more eggs than we can eat. We eat the whole egg. Seems a waste not to.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Chop celery, onion, mushrooms. Saute that stuff in skillet 5 minutes. Add meat, usually turkey, and usually about 50 g. Add 1 large egg. Stir together until the egg is cooked and scrape the egg from the pan. Serve on high fiber low carb tortilla with flavorful toppings. When I'm out of turkey, I use 2 eggs.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat soft boiled eggs or scrambled eggs, both on toast. I like eggs over medium/medium well but always break the yolk when making them on accident so I don't try that very often.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I love deviled but it's so much goddamn work. :(