How do you eat eggs?

Options

Replies

• Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled, soft boiled, scrambled, over easy, omelette. Often, hard boiled in a salad. Yum!
  • DaniettaF
    DaniettaF Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love them every way! In Chachouka is my favourite. Hard boiled sandwiches with mayonnaise, fried egg sandwiches <3 , scrambled with baked beans and sausages, frittatas, quiches, omelettes with anything like mushrooms or spring onions, poached on toast, hard boiled in salads or as a snack, on pizza... the list is long.

However, I'm a bit funny with egg and cheese together, especially in omelettes as it freaks me out that melted cheese looks like raw egg :/

I always use the yolk, I've always just seen it as a waste to not eat it.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs EVERY way. Favorites are poached over veggie hash, over easy on toast, scrambled in breakfast burritos, hard-boiled in salads.

I always eat the yolks. There is no point in buying high-quality free-range local eggs and tossing the yolks - everything you pay extra for when you buy good eggs is in the yolk. Healthy fat, lutien, vitamin A, omega-3s - all of that lives in the yolk of the egg, not the white.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    With my mouth.
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ... two eggs for breakfast, sunny side up!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I like hard boiled to keep around as a convenient snack. Also like scrambled, sunny side up, or an omelet with whatever I have around. But I DO NOT LIKE green eggs and ham!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    very carefully
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Quick question:doesnt having fried eggs EVERYDAY would make you gain weight?:/ i love fried eggs and was having them almost everyday and i stopped losing weight. Idk maybe its just me..
    I like my eggs soft boiled or fried. They are the favourite part of my meal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Quick question:doesnt having fried eggs EVERYDAY would make you gain weight?:/ i love fried eggs and was having them almost everyday and i stopped losing weight. Idk maybe its just me..
    I like my eggs soft boiled or fried. They are the favourite part of my meal.

You only need a tiny bit of oil to fry an egg if you use a nonstick pan.
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or boiled, I do not leave the yolk out.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Omelet with avocado and cheese dripping with coconut oil...yummmmm...or boiled with mayo...also pretty tasty
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Poached! The gooier the better! While I still eat eggs occasionally in other ways, I tend to poach because of the supposed health advantage (http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-poaching-eggs-3734.html)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    Poached! The gooier the better! While I still eat eggs occasionally in other ways, I tend to poach because of the supposed health advantage (http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-poaching-eggs-3734.html)

I didn't see any health advantages over boiling in that article.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Almost every day I scramble one whole egg, 3 egg whites and a half ounce of mozzarella. Delish!

I like them over easy, and hard boiled as well. And I posted a recipe for a Crustless spinach quiche in the recipe section, that's my other go to.
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    Omelette or Frittata as a dish. By themselves: Over hard or scrambled, depending on my mood
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »

I didn't see any health advantages over boiling in that article.

I don't think poached poses any advantages over boiling, but I like my eggs really gooey, so I poach them. Some day I will try soft boiling, but have never done it. Poaching is just so fast.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I always eat the yolk. My three favorite ways (in no particular order) -
    • Egg muffins - google for recipes but basically they are baked in a muffin tin with veggies, meat, cheese - YUM
    • I have a breakfast sandwich maker - make them like an egg mcmuffin but with as many veggies as I can cram in that thing
    • scrambled eggs - again with as many veggies as I can throw in
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Scrambled and served in a taco with bacon, cheese, salsa and cilantro.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    scrambled with cheese... on a buttered baguette....with peppers, onions, salsa and potatoes.... over easy or soft boiled with toast.... break sandwich..... eggs benny.