told i am eating to little because of the amount of calories burned?

Options
124»

Replies

• xWondertje
    xWondertje Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Regarding the water: drink when you're thirsty. People today drink way too much water and actually screws up with their body's way of handling signals of thirst. Studies have shown that there's been an increase in people showing up at the doctor with symptoms related to drinking too much water, mostly young women who say they drink everything between 2-5 litres per day of pure water. It's not normally to fill a water bottle with little lines to tell you to drink all through out the day. The body has a perfectly fine system (unless you screwed it up) which tells you when you're thirsty. Also, the so called "standard amount" of water which is 2 litres per day, is including everything you get from your food also. For example, fruits contain a lot of water and that adds to the amount you're supposed to get each day.

Other than that, you still haven't answered clearly on whether 2000 calories is the amount you eat, or net during a day. If it's the amount you net, you might need to eat a little less to get under your maintenance level, which for a various of different reasons might be a bit lower than 2000. If you eat 2000 total, which I doubt, you'd be a skeleton by now if you burned that many calories, since you'd be in negative calories each day.

Use the post from above where you can determine why you're not losing weight by answering questions. Follow it and see where you end up, it should help you get back on track.
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    2000 is what i actually eat, actually more like 1700- 2000 calories, i dont know what you call net, are you talking what is on the right of mfp, the remaining, my remaining is usally 1700 - 2500, because of my activity level
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Net calories is how many calories you've consumed minus exercise calories. At a minimum, a bare minimum, this should be your BMR.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    fit bit surge, okay i just did my weekly weigh in a measurement, results were, no change on weight scale for 2 weeks, i lost one inch off waist, lost 1 inch off left tigh and gained half inch on my left bicep,, im right handed by the way
    I don't weigh the fast food sandwich or salads, everything else I do
    2000 is what i actually eat, actually more like 1700- 2000 calories, i dont know what you call net, are you talking what is on the right of mfp, the remaining, my remaining is usally 1700 - 2500, because of my activity level

You're not supposed to leave 1700-2500 calories uneaten. Normally I'd say you're under-eating, but since you're not losing weight, you are majorly under-estimating your food calories and eating far more than you think you are.

There is no way you could have a 1700 - 2500 daily deficit on top of your MFP set deficit and not lose weight. Your calculations are based on erroneous data.
  • senennieves
    Options
    so you are saying my remaining on the far right of MFP should more like a 1000???
  • senennieves
    Options
    No where on the MFP does it say net, it says: goal - food + exercise = remaining, so what is the net and what shous that number be fir a 2 lb loss?????
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    are you set to sedentary? I'd change that to active. If you log exercise / sync an activity tracker it increases your 'goal/net' calories for the day so you should eat enough so you are close to zero keeping you with the same deficit as before exercise. Your net should be as close to goal as possible.

If you have calculated your TDEE then eat the same amount each day (TDEE - 500 or 1000) and don't sync a tracker or log exercise.
  • debrag12
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No where on the MFP does it say net, it says: goal - food + exercise = remaining, so what is the net and what shous that number be fir a 2 lb loss?????

I think you will find it does

v9ivion3u7jc.png

The app doesn't though.
    net.png 55.9K
  • senennieves
    Options
    Debrag, you saying I an better off if I disable the fitbit from mfp, and eat until my net matches my goal?
  • debrag12
    Options

Your TDEE according to Scobbysworkshop is 3325. to lose 1lb a week you should eat 2325. That is sedentary mind so with your work I'd have you as 7-21 hrs/wk of strenuous exercise/work giving you a TDEE of 5266 which appear to be what you burn.
  • debrag12
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Debrag, you saying I an better off if I disable the fitbit from mfp, and eat until my net matches my goal?

If you do then use the TDEE method and add a custom calorie goal. I'd say around 3266 for 2lb a week.
  • senennieves
    Options
    Okay I will set it to active
  • senennieves
    Options
    It change my goal to 2450 Calories
  • debrag12
    Options
    I'd personally say you were very active (if you burn 5000+ a day) which gives you 3030