What do you guys do for fun?

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I workout (yes working out is fun to me), play video games, play with my kids, or read.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Why set yourself up for misery? Decide now, that you are doing this for you, so it's an ACHIEVEMENT, not punishment. Decide now, that you are a big man, a strong man, stronger than so many who CAN'T do it....and just do it. If you tell yourself that it's going to be hard, it will. Exercise ALOT...walk ALOT....avoid triggers like reading and watching tv...do alot of research, I find the more knowledge I have about a thing, the easier it is for me to conquer it. I quit 11 years ago, after smoking for 23 years. If I can do it, YOU can do it! Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking I just had to keep myself busy...regardless of whether or not it was fun...I just had to be going...working, working out, tending to my yard, working some more...working out some more, etc.

If I sat around reading and playing on the internet, etc I would just want to smoke. I do enjoy reading as well as taking scenic drives, etc...but when I quit smoking I just had to stay really busy for a few weeks...and no parties/BBQs, etc...those environments just made me want to smoke.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I just made a decision to stop smoking for good and I feel like I'm going to be miserable pretty soon. With dieting, working out and now this...it's just going to hurt for the first couple of weeks. Any advice would be appreciated, please.

Quitting smoking was hard for me personally. I tried so many times and failed miserably
    I got a vaporizer ( not the little ecig types, those didn't work for me either. I got a good kanger mod and a nice tank) I figured it was worth a try since nothing else worked.
    I was finally able to stop smoking. As crazy and gimmicky as it sounds, it really helped me. Many can quit cold turkey but I was not strong enough to do so. Vaping was the only thing that worked for me .
    I slowly lowered my nicotine level until one day I was at zero. At that point I didn't need the vaporizer anymore. I haven't smoked in years.
    So if you end up having trouble quitting smoking , maybe look into vaping. It helped me quit and I haven't smoked since.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    oh yeah sometimes I like to spend a whole day mindlessly playing the sims. lol
  • abungay
    abungay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try picking up an instrument, I play video games and read nice bit.
  • killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. Really great responses, some really funny, too.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I play video games (mostly RPGS), mix eliquids, and blare metal at ridiculous volumes. Always a good time.
  • western_eyez
    western_eyez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Workout lol, reading, playing board games, fishing, go to a shooting range let off some steam.. :-)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Idk what you're smoking, but I'm gonna take a hit from the bong. Good times.
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Talk to you! :)
  • joannajohnson295
    joannajohnson295 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I stopped smoking in january and turned to the occasional 'vape'. I have never felt fitter to be honest. I'm 38 and smoked since i was about 14. I couldn't run for more than 2 minutes before but now can do 45 to an hr if i'm in the right mood. So, if i can stop smoking, lose weight and get fit then you most certainly can!!!!
    Why not try writing (with a pen or on a keyboard). Write your story, you never know, it might sell one day. Or how about photography? Outside, walking miles to get the right shot, then a few hrs on a night adjusting it on the computer? Again, people do pay good money for great pics and a lot if them are from amatuers.
    Good luck, the hardest thing is getting over the first month, after that it's loads easier!!!!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Video games, running, play with the kiddos, golf.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When I get stressed out or withdrawing from caffeine (Which I am currently doing) I like to sleep. I do what I need to do (Work, gym, make dinner, laundry, dishes) I may sit and color with some soft music going but often times I just want to take some motrin for the god-awful headache and go to sleep.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I used vaping to help me stop smoking too. Worked great for me!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My husband quit smoking when he got tired of constantly getting bronchitis and pneumonia. He quit soon after we met. He carried around these lollipops everywhere he went. Every time he had the urge to smoke, he popped one in his mouth. He became famous for it at work. I don't know if it was "fun" or not, but it worked. He gave it up cold turkey and never smoked again. It's been 14+ years since he quit, and he hasn't had a single respiratory infection since, when he used to get a couple each year. Good luck, OP. :)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Play board games, shoot hoops, *kitten*, gardening, hiking, pass football or baseball, walk, read, play Wii games, play PC games, shop
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Dance!! I have a 30 minute dance party in my living room every night. It's a great stress relief + it makes for a fantastic workout!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lift, lie around, go for walks, listen to podcasts, play music
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I read, garden, hike, school and work keep me busy so I really don'y have a lot of fun time. I like to do historical tours if I can.