Fitness/activity trackers

RunionX4
RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
What is your favorite fitness/activity tracker? I am looking to get one but only have about $60 to spend on one. I had a fitbit zip and liked it but it died on me and now I need a new one. I'd like one that is watch style rather than clip on.

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    I have the $100 fitbit, which is ok. But I also have $20 mifit, which i like so much more. It fits better, it tracks sleep more accurately, and the battery lasts 2 weeks, vs 4-5 days for the fitbit.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Sorry, it's the fitbit flex that I have. It's $90 at Wal-Mart.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Look into Misfit. I don't own one, but they have some that fall into your budget range and can be worn on wrist or as clip on.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    I have the FitBit One and I love it! I only charge it every couple of weeks and don't use the sleep function. I don't have any personal experience with their wrist trackers, but the people I know with them are happy.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    snikkins wrote: »
    I have the FitBit One and I love it! I only charge it every couple of weeks and don't use the sleep function. I don't have any personal experience with their wrist trackers, but the people I know with them are happy.

There are some bands on amazon that make the Fitbit one into a wrist tracker. Not sure the quality but they're out there.
  • ryansams2016
    ryansams2016 Posts: 118 Member
    My parents have the Harmon thing from Amazon. They reall like it. Around 50 Buick k
  • ryansams2016
    ryansams2016 Posts: 118 Member
    Bucks*£'
  • RunionX4
    Thanks everyone. I've been looking at the misfit ones and glad to see people recommending them.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    I just had to get the UA Band, at least I didn't buy that whole $400 HelathBox package!
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    I use Google fit on my phone. It's free.
  • bagofmoney
    bagofmoney Posts: 1 Member
    How accurate are the "calories burned" on the FitBits? I have a FitBit Zip and make sure I wear it when I volunteer at the hospital. When I walk about 3 miles, it says I've burned, roughly, 1000 calories. But I just saw a post of someone who ran 3.5 miles outside and burned 500 calories. Which is more accurate?
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    arunion01 wrote: »
    What is your favorite fitness/activity tracker? I am looking to get one but only have about $60 to spend on one. I had a fitbit zip and liked it but it died on me and now I need a new one. I'd like one that is watch style rather than clip on.

Hi
    FWIW I also use the FitBit Zip, it does what I want and was inexpensive.

My first one died too. I was withing the one year warranty period so they replaced it by sending a complete retail box replacement. Could You still be under the warranty period or did You buy using one of the Credit cards that extends the warranty period?

I also would not like a wrist one so that was the other deciding factor. I find it works well stored in my pocket and seems to be just as accurate that way counting steps when I walk.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    I have a Garmin vivofit 3. The 2 previous versions are available and relatively inexpensive. I like it so far. The app is easy, and the band is interchangeable for the fashion - minded among us.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    After three years I still love my Zip. The only downside to it is having the battery die at inconvenient times. If it ever does go out for good I want to replace it with the One.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    bagofmoney wrote: »
    How accurate are the "calories burned" on the FitBits? I have a FitBit Zip and make sure I wear it when I volunteer at the hospital. When I walk about 3 miles, it says I've burned, roughly, 1000 calories. But I just saw a post of someone who ran 3.5 miles outside and burned 500 calories. Which is more accurate?

It depends on your weight so you can't go by someone else's figures, unless you are the same weight. The best way to find out if it is right is to see if weight is lost as predicted. I lose faster than my Fitbit would predict.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    bagofmoney wrote: »

A Fitbit gives you your total energy burn (TDEE = BMR + exercise + daily activities). When it says you burned 1,000 calories, it means you burned 1,000 calories of TDEE for the whole day. Fitbits are activity trackers, aka glorified pedometers. They aren't HRMs or built to separate BMR calories from exercise calories.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I like my Jawbone. I've had it for almost 2 years...

It has sleep monitor and a silent alarm (love that)
    It has an activity alarm and reminders (silent vibration on wrist same as silent alarm)
    You can set goals such as weight loss, sleep etc. Have team mates do Duels

It syncs with MFP and mapmy...

I paid 80 Cdn for mine with a discount code for the new Jawbone2.

The 3 has a HRM I believe and tracks rem sleep
    the new 4 is suppose to have pay options sync'd with American Express.
  • RunionX4
    After some tinkering I got my fitbit zip working again. I do need a new clip for it tho. But I can find that easily on ebay or Amazon. Thank you all so much. I love my fitbit. I feel it's just as accurate as anything else out there. I did find that there is a wrist band for the zip available too.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    I really enjoy using my Fitbit Charge HR, but have been giving SERIOUS consideration to a Garmin Vivoactive HR, so it could replace both my regular watch and my Fitbit. What's stopping me is 1) my watch still works despite being ~6 years old, and has a lot of features I like (solar powered, barometer, atomic time), 2) My Charge HR works fine. I was thinking about "rewarding" myself when I complete my first 5k in a couple weeks, but it's a $250 reward... #firstworldproblems
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    After three years I still love my Zip. The only downside to it is having the battery die at inconvenient times. If it ever does go out for good I want to replace it with the One.

Hi
    I have had that experience, OTOH I hate having to remember to charge anything. It is bad enough with the phone and Small iPod. occasionally they remind me to charge as the battery is low. The phone will start making unusual noises and the iPod suddenly starts saying Low battery in my ear while I am walking. Oops :)

I do keep a spare battery on hand now, Those batteries have a long shelf life.

Good Luck
    Roger