looking for friends who do clean eating or on Isagenix program

Options
littledee55
littledee55 Posts: 38 Member
I tried under introduce myself. I'd like to meet people who have started clean eating or are on the Isagenix program.

Also available for support and motivation

For exercise I do pilates and walk.

Feel free to add me as your friend.

;)

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    You may want to join one MFP group that focus on those issues. You can find them at "groups" option, dark blue banner, above.
    here is one link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133-clean-eating-group
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • littledee55
    Options
    socioseguro - thank you so much for your help! I will look into it. Its so tough because its clean eating and everyone is on different diets but this is all new to me and I appreciate any support but someone in the same program will understand me a little better.

What is MFP? Lol I've seen it before.

Have a great day! <3
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @littledee55.
    MFP (My Fitness Pal) is the website/app you are using now.
    I suggest you read the "Most helpful Post" at the beginning of this message board.
    Here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • littledee55
    Options
    @socioseguro - der! Lol. Mfp..okay. This way of eating is affecting my brain.

Thank you again for your suggestions and the link. You're the best!
  • Maria_R88
    Maria_R88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi littledee55, I am two weeks into the Isagenix program. Are you also on Isagenix? I'm on a cleanse day today and after doing an internet search I realized there might be a forum on MFP.

I'm not always on MFP but I would like to connect with others who are on Isagenix. It's been both good and bad for me - the best part about it for me I s not having any cravings for sugar. The bad part is sometimes feeling hungry.

I'd love to share any tips, tricks or insights!
  • littledee55
    Options
    mdecaney wrote: »
    Hi littledee55, I am two weeks into the Isagenix program. Are you also on Isagenix? I'm on a cleanse day today and after doing an internet search I realized there might be a forum on MFP.

I'm not always on MFP but I would like to connect with others who are on Isagenix. It's been both good and bad for me - the best part about it for me I s not having any cravings for sugar. The bad part is sometimes feeling hungry.

Sorry I forgot to keep checking my forum. I'd be happy to add you and help you out. My cravings,decreased as,well. Nice to meet you. Hopefully we can take this journey together.

Hugs!
  • littledee55
    Options
    mdecaney wrote: »

Sorry this is,so late, I forgitvto check my forum. I answered you but I don't see it posted. I would love to help each other and take this journey together. My sister in law is doing incredible. List 40 pounds in about 5 months. I tried to add you but couldn't. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Hugs!
  • littledee55
    Options
    Really? Well I must admit my coach thinks, no matter what I have told her, its ME, God forbid its,the program. Anyway, where are they not revealing it all? That concerns me. Was feeling awesome the first month then it started changing. If its Isagenix, I'm going to go off it and look more into clean eating. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Have a great weekend!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Is your sister-in-law that you mentioned in the other thread your coach? She's making money off of you for something you could probably do better for free. Clean eating is a term that is different for everyone, but I think in general most people use it to mean whole foods with little processing. I saw that you are also having some trouble hitting your calories. Go with full fat options (fat does not make you fat, too many calories does that, but that's not your problem right now), higher fat yogurts and cheeses, full calorie dressings are all a good way to increase your calorie intake without adding volume. It takes some trial and error to figure out what will work for you, but you can do it.
  • am_fitter
    am_fitter Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't get how clean eating and isagenix can live in the same sphere. Meal replacements are seriously the single most processed 'foods' in existence. Isagenix won't even tell you exactly what's in their stuff because they argue it's commercially sensitive. It's like asking for vegans who eat beef twice a day.
    Hi there,
    I'm a vegetarian who eats fish and also uses a meal replacement beverage. I - for the last 20 years - have poo-poohed meal replacement drinks because I too couldn't understand how that junk could be food!!!! HA! So I did some research. I read the ingredient list on the back of the container my meal replacement beverage powder comes in. Then I researched every item on the list. Then I thought ... Hmmmm...that's interesting! I had no idea that real food could be reduced to a nutritious powder - I can't believe it!!! But after drinking the meal replacement beverage for a month, I've lost a lot of weight, a lot of inches off my belly, my liver is no longer puffy, and my complexion is finally clear. This is the same complexion that was peaches and cream for years, until I got a puffy liver and developed rosacae - so the doctor's gave me this acne drug that is an incredibly powerful antibiotic which completely and totally screwed up my intestines... But anyway, it was an approved pharmaceutical product, prescribed by a doctor, and sold through a retail pharmacy so I guess according to most meal replacement haters out there, that drug must have been okay as long as I was eating real food...oh dear.

To the person who started this thread, I'm using the same meal replacement product as you, doing cleanses, and loving it. It works great.
  • am_fitter
    Options
    Oh yeah - clean eating - grilled fish, salads, raw veggies, fresh fruit, home cooked legumes and pulses - not too many though, they are high in carbohydrates - try to buy organic, if it's available at a price that is affordable. Clean eating - all my clean eating recipes have taken so long to enter in the MFP system. Oh my the meal replacement beverages are so easy by comparison - and psst, don't tell anyone, it's a secret: meal prep time is down so much I have time to visit this forum; and clean up time, especially dishes, is down to being done in like 2 minutes. It makes getting a nutritious meal SO EASY!!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    am_fitter wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian who eats fish

What kind of plant does fish come from?
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't get how clean eating and isagenix can live in the same sphere. Meal replacements are seriously the single most processed 'foods' in existence. Isagenix won't even tell you exactly what's in their stuff because they argue it's commercially sensitive. It's like asking for vegans who eat beef twice a day.
    Hi there,

Nope.....a vegetarian eats NO FLESH.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    psst, don't tell anyone, it's a secret: meal prep time is down so much I have time to visit this forum!!!!

Says the guy with only 20 pro isagenix posts....

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

What kind of plant does fish come from?

Shes a pescatarian.....i hate when they refer to themselves as vegetarians. Two different things!!

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    As a kid we didn't (or at least it wasn't commonly known in my circle) for things like people who didn't eat red meat but ate fish and/or eggs and/or milk and/or chicken on occasion. When in school or daycare they'd just mark vegetarian to keep the kid clear of red meat and gave us the tater tots and whatever instead. I now know of the different terms but sometimes say vegetarian just to fxck with people who get annoyed over something like that. :)
  • amyrosecooper2606
    amyrosecooper2606 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also an Isagenix user. Being on the program for about 60 days now and down 9kg! Always looking for like minded people to support each other and help through the tough days.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm a vegetarian who eats fish and also uses a meal replacement beverage. I - for the last 20 years - have poo-poohed meal replacement drinks because I too couldn't understand how that junk could be food!!!! HA! So I did some research. I read the ingredient list on the back of the container my meal replacement beverage powder comes in. Then I researched every item on the list. Then I thought ... Hmmmm...that's interesting! I had no idea that real food could be reduced to a nutritious powder - I can't believe it!!! But after drinking the meal replacement beverage for a month, I've lost a lot of weight, a lot of inches off my belly, my liver is no longer puffy, and my complexion is finally clear. This is the same complexion that was peaches and cream for years, until I got a puffy liver and developed rosacae - so the doctor's gave me this acne drug that is an incredibly powerful antibiotic which completely and totally screwed up my intestines... But anyway, it was an approved pharmaceutical product, prescribed by a doctor, and sold through a retail pharmacy so I guess according to most meal replacement haters out there, that drug must have been okay as long as I was eating real food...oh dear.

To the person who started this thread, I'm using the same meal replacement product as you, doing cleanses, and loving it. It works great.

Doesn't make it any less processed. And nice sales spiel.
  • am_fitter
    Options
    psst, don't tell anyone, it's a secret: meal prep time is down so much I have time to visit this forum!!!!

Says the guy with only 20 pro isagenix posts....

You kill me. You're so funny. You are so anti-anything that starts with I other than your opinion.