What time do you stop eating?

Options

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Well I don't eat while I'm sleeping, so I pretty much eat any time up until I go to sleep.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I don't. I would if I could, but I can not sleep if I am hungry. I often have to get up in the middle of the night to drink milk or eat something small too. This is part of the reason I have been losing so slowly. But it is what it is. I just do the best I can every day. My body is so screwed up, especially with all the meds I am on right now.
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    I try to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. I can't stand the thought of going to bed with a gut full of food.

lol... I love feeling pleasantly full for naps. :)
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i work nights so any time i'm awake
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    When I'm out of calories, or not hungry anymore, or fall asleep. Whichever comes first.

Wish I had that will power. I can't stop eating just because I am out of calories. I'm a really miserable *kitten* when I'm hungry. lol
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Sleep time
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Well I don't eat while I'm sleeping, so I pretty much eat any time up until I go to sleep.

As long as I have calories available, this ↑
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    I usually go to bed between 12:30 and 1 am ... so I try my best to wrap up my eating before that. :grin:
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I routinely have a bag of popcorn and a 200 calorie protein bar within a half hour before bed. I've lost 90lbs since Oct. Eat on!
  • moosekelly
    moosekelly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't stop at a certain time. I like to have a snack with my tea before bed.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    8:30pm. Just like the good ole college days when we didn't party that is.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    When I'm out of calories, or not hungry anymore, or fall asleep. Whichever comes first.

Wish I had that will power. I can't stop eating just because I am out of calories. I'm a really miserable *kitten* when I'm hungry. lol

I struggled until I stopped trying to do things like having just yogurt for breakfast (now I have bacon, an egg, and grits and stay full much longer), and trying to save most of my calories for dinner. I'd be hungry all day and then eat a huge dinner, so then I'd think, "I need to have at least 1,000 calories left for dinner or I won't be able to eat enough!" Now I eat a satisfying breakfast and lunch, and I'm not starving in the evening so I can eat a normal dinner and be full. And sometimes I'm still hungry, and I do let myself go a little over. (I love the weekly average so I can see that I have "extra" calories from days I stayed under.) And I like filling, but low-cal snacks like cottage cheese and popcorn.
  • eltrc63
    eltrc63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nothing after 8pm.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Never. I've fell asleep with 3000 calories left in the day. I woke up 3am and ate ice cream, waffles, and chicken because I was hungry.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Usually around midnight (aka bed time). I have trouble sleeping on an empty stomach and even if I do, I will wake up absolutely ravenous. I can't have breakfast until 10:00-ish, so waking up hungry is a bad scene.
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    When the food runs out. Ok, not really. I generally try to stop around 8pm because I find that whatever I eat after that is usually mindless snacking, and not based off hunger. Plus, if I eat too late, I sometimes get acid reflux in the night and that's no fun. I buy the Costco Zantac party packs just in case though..lol
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    When I go to sleep.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When I'm out of calories/not hungry anymore.

It really doesn't matter.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    When I'm full, or unconscious, or both.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    eltrc63 wrote: »
    Nothing after 8pm.

Why?