Fave oatmeal mix-ins?

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    Pumpkin ,maple syrup and a bit of pumpkin pie spice..sometimes mini chocolate chips if i have the calories.

I do the pumpkin with cinnamon & a tablespoon of liquid Coffee-Mate. Chopped pecans are good on this too.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Apples and raisins. I've never tried with peanut butter, I will have to try that

The PB and berries is so yummy!
  • blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like to squish up a banana and replace water with milk to make it creamier.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, banana + berries, nuts or peanut butter
    Recently I fell in love with overnight oats, they're so much better than cooked one!
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Recently I fell in love with overnight oats, they're so much better than cooked one!

How do you make overnight oats?
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Flaxeeed meal, walnuts, banana and blueberry.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    First porridge of winter today - rolled oats with a pinch of salt cooked in half water and half skim milk with sunflower seeds, peanut butter and apple added at the end. Delicious!

I love the feta and hot sauce idea though, that might be tomorrow's brekky. I will probably also add some grated zucchini, I add that to just about everything!
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »

I just mix everything evening before and it's done it the morning ;) my favourite mix is almond milk, oats, banana and other fruits, honey and nuts or peanut butter. It's soooo good. What's important is to use plant milk instead of cow milk so it won't get sour from fruits. And I don't think it'd work with steel cut oats, they're to thick to absorb milk.
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Emijanine wrote: »

I just mix everything evening before and it's done it the morning ;) my favourite mix is almond milk, oats, banana and other fruits, honey and nuts or peanut butter. It's soooo good. What's important is to use plant milk instead of cow milk so it won't get sour from fruits. And I don't think it'd work with steel cut oats, they're to thick to absorb milk.

Thanks!!
  • laurencepoole96
    laurencepoole96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I do is just add some water to old fashioned oats and put it in the microwave for a couple minutes just to add volume, the i put black coffee, or any type of coffee, plus some cinnamon, mocha cappachino protien powder and a little bit of almond milk and some Truvia. Taste amazing and is very filling and low in calories compared to other mix-ins for oatmeal.
  • crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm boring, I like it simple and usually just add almond milk and a small amount of maple syrup. Sometimes for a treat I will cut up some of a chocolate protein bar and add chopped walnuts
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    At various times I have added brown sugar, apples, dried fruit, strawberries or other berries, pumpkin, nuts, all with or without plain Greek yogurt. Currently I am adding homemade rhubarb sauce with a bit of honey. If I am making it at home I will make it with milk instead of water for a creamier texture. I prefer steel cut oats or old fashion oats but I have found some instant oatmeal that isn't too bad, I try to find the ones without a lot of added sugar.
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, lots of them. I buy porridge topper packs just put half the packet in you can have dried fruit & tiny bits of chocolate & nuts
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, banana slices, natural peanut butter and ground cinnamon
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Cook it with coconut powder and blueberries. Mix in sunflower seeds and Greek yogurt.
  • moosekelly
    moosekelly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I cook blueberries with a little honey until they turn into a nice sauce, then I pour it on top of my oatmeal. Almost tastes like blueberry pie! As others have mentioned, I add liquid egg whites to make my oats fluffier and add a bit of protein.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, maple syrup and glazed pecans.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    Pumpkin ,maple syrup and a bit of pumpkin pie spice..sometimes mini chocolate chips if i have the calories.

This - plus apple pie spice mix.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This might sound strange but strawberry yogurt (or any yogurt I guess, but I only tried it with strawberry). I don't exactly mix it, I just put some of each on the same spoon. It was an accident at first but it's so good lol
  • beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon. Lots of it. Burns fat.