For bodybuilders trying to get ripped - carbs?

Options

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    btrias24 wrote: »
    @JoRocka bold statement but i need proof :smiley: not trying to call u out but i wanna see a 160lbs woman that is really fit, thats heavy for females but honestly ive only seen women that competes for bikini contest lol. But i might be eating my words later right? :wink:

I doubt she'll indulge you...but yes...you would be eating your words.

Totally.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    @JoRocka bold statement but i need proof :smiley: not trying to call u out but i wanna see a 160lbs woman that is really fit, thats heavy for females but honestly ive only seen women that competes for bikini contest lol. But i might be eating my words later right? :wink:

Just click on her name to see her profile pics. Might wanna grab a spoon first because, yes, you will be eating your words.

I cannot see her other pix,its on private. But trying to add her. Lol just trying to make sure im getting answers from the right people lol

Nope - her profile and pics are not private.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

@jorocka is awesomely fit and her photos are great

She weighs the same as me and I'm nowhere near her league but still I'm 5'8 at 160lb and at goal body aesthetic and I consider myself fairly fit
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

... 160lbs is heavy for a woman? that is completely relative and ignorant. i currently weigh just under 175lbs - do i look "heavy"?

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

... 160lbs is heavy for a woman? that is completely relative and ignorant. i currently weigh just under 175lbs - do i look "heavy"?

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

I'm not sure what the culture is around where you live but in most of the US, a 160-175 lb woman is out of shape and overly fat. You would be an outlier.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Dude. I'm 5'9", 177... And @JoRocka is way more fit than me. You have a very narrow definition of a "fit woman."
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    it's a long process, but be patient. You will get there. I've been doing this for about 6 months and I've seen a lot of change, but not at my goal yet. It does take discipline to get there. I've been taking a break every 90 days to keep the monotony and plateaus at a minimum. These next 90 days my aim is to lose another 10-15lbs. I need to get that fat off of me. And keep sexy from going out of style in my neck of the woods....
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

I'm not sure what the culture is around where you live but in most of the US, a 160-175 lb woman is out of shape and overly fat. You would be an outlier.
    I agree. While yes there are exceptions on this forum, most women I know in real life who weigh 160lbs+ are not in shape.

• bellaa_x0
    Options

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

thank you for your blunt input; and yes, i live in the US, but i am not OVERLY fat at 5'10" nor am i out of shape.
  • jemhh
    Options

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

thank you for your blunt input; and yes, i live in the US, but i am not OVERLY fat at 5'10" nor am i out of shape.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic and think I was being rude or not. (I'm being straight here--I have a problem recognizing sarcasm at times and tend to take things literally so I often need to double check.) But I want to be clear that I meant that you would be an outlier because you are very fit with a healthy bf level at that weight, based on your picture alone. I define "overly fat" as having an above healthy amount of fat, whether that is 10 pounds or 50 pounds and don't mean it like "that person has a maybe 10 pounds to lose but that other person is OVERLY fat."

I hope that makes sense.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Honestly at 5'9" and 170 pounds- I'd eat your *kitten* off and lift for a solid year.

You're chasing a fruitless dream- you aren't big enough to look cut up yet. You're just probably big enough to look in shape. But if you want to look bigger- you're going to need to get bigger.

Real talk. I love you, Jo! :*
  • bellaa_x0
    Options

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic and think I was being rude or not. (I'm being straight here--I have a problem recognizing sarcasm at times and tend to take things literally so I often need to double check.) But I want to be clear that I meant that you would be an outlier because you are very fit with a healthy bf level at that weight, based on your picture alone. I define "overly fat" as having an above healthy amount of fat, whether that is 10 pounds or 50 pounds and don't mean it like "that person has a maybe 10 pounds to lose but that other person is OVERLY fat."

I hope that makes sense.

i re-read what you said - i reacted in defense too quickly and understand what you meant. sorry for my snippy response! and thank you.
  • jemhh
    Options

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

I hope that makes sense.

i re-read what you said - i reacted in defense too quickly and understand what you meant. sorry for my snippy response! and thank you.

No problem! :)
  • btrias24
    btrias24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

y0u7f18gs3tl.jpg

I agree. While yes there are exceptions on this forum, most women I know in real life who weigh 160lbs+ are not in shape.

I live in California and ladies around here that weighs more than 160lbs are fat. I think i offended alot of ladies here :smiley:
  • btrias24
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Just click on her name to see her profile pics. Might wanna grab a spoon first because, yes, you will be eating your words.

I cannot see her other pix,its on private. But trying to add her. Lol just trying to make sure im getting answers from the right people lol

Nope - her profile and pics are not private.

I tried but it wont let me...
  • btrias24
    Options

Dude. I'm 5'9", 177... And @JoRocka is way more fit than me. You have a very narrow definition of a "fit woman."

On a regular basis 160lbs women are fat and out of shape here in california anyways. Im not trying ng to offend you guys but i guess gym and this forum are exceptions.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

On a regular basis 160lbs women are fat and out of shape here in california anyways. Im not trying ng to offend you guys but i guess gym and this forum are exceptions.

Would that not depend on their height?
  • btrias24
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

Would that not depend on their height?

Thats also true
  • bellaa_x0
    Options
    i mean you have one pic posted (and its nothing to brag about either) and have made 14 comments on this forum... making a broad, ignorant statement that 160lb women are FAT wasn't the smartest move. there are exceptions and other factors besides a persons weight such as height, etc.
This discussion has been closed.