What food have you fell in love with due to healthy eating?

Options

Replies

• RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have to ask: pop tarts have been mentioned several times. Are they considered a healthy food?
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    light yougurt, muesli, banana toast
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    kariplz wrote: »
    avocados :)

YES! Avocados! I can't seem to get enough of them.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have to ask: pop tarts have been mentioned several times. Are they considered a healthy food?
    The most nutrtionally rich food? No, but using my exercise calories on them won't negate the foods I eat that are.

• jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat a lot more Greek yogurt now. Whenever I crave something sweet I try to have Banana and Chocolate flavors nearby.
  • amber_jane1
    amber_jane1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    KALE!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

No of course not. That doesn't mean you will become unhealthy or drop dead if you eat them, but they certainly are not a healthy food.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Chuckling at the pop tarts. I take it the new found love is because calorie counting=no guilt?

Veg in general for me, eating it more regularly has made me genuinely like things that I just ate dutifully before.

Also those little hot peppers stuffed with cream cheese - they're so delicious and a pretty low calorie snack.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Love? Hmmm cant live without my quest bars or ostrim :#
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Chuckling at the pop tarts. I take it the new found love is because calorie counting=no guilt?
    The poster never really ate Pop Tarts until they joined MFP, when they presumably started eating a healthier diet.

This site has gotten me to try new things, gelato probably being my favorite. I might have said that had I cooked before.

• st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, bananas and peanut butter. I never ate that stuff much before (unless it was a Reece's cup) because obviously I would rather have had chips as a snack but now I'm mad that I didn't eat as much peanut butter as possible before I started counting calories lol
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    The poster never really ate Pop Tarts until they joined MFP, when they presumably started eating a healthier diet.

This site has gotten me to try new things, gelato probably being my favorite. I might have said that had I cooked before.

To be honest my diet has always been made up of foods that most would label clean. I grew up in a very health conscious family, my parents just didn't lift. Looking back at it, they spent way too much time obsessing over meaningless things and not enough on the fundamentals. I still don't eat pop tarts very often. Beer and ice cream are my go tos.

All that said, if I need to pick something stereotypically healthy I'd say salads and tofu. And, I eat enough chicken breasts to keep a small farm in business.
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    dates&walnuts
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Root vegetables, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, rutabaga. Roast em stew em mash em.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say fallen in love, but I used to hate broccoli.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas, yogurt mixed with pb2, frozen mango's with stevia. Nuts and homemade protein shakes, victory protein bars daily.
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Perrier

Red bell peppers with light marzetti ranch veggie dip YUM
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Oats
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Cauliflower and protein powder.

Especially roasted cauliflower with some curry powder...mmmmmm

I also love roasted edamame. Tried it in college, hated it, buy a lot of it now.