Who else has a calorie goal of 1200? Or anywhere close!

Options
12346»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    LisaKay91 wrote: »
    1200 calories in with all that exercise can I ask how you became overweight to begin with then?

How did you get fat? Being unmindful of the calories you were consuming. Sorry you aren't able to find filling foods under 1300 calories but I can :)

You are redundant like the rest of them.
    1200 for a female isnt VLC... MFP wouldn't suggest it if it wasn't allowed, right? You and others make vast assumptions about the people who do eat lower calories.. you are not trying to help anyone. If it makes you feel important to try to lecture people keep coming back like a broken record but it doesn't look like.you helped anyone here

lol you are hilarious.Im not lecturing anyone. and again you are singling me out of others who basically said the same thing. wonder why that is? and no where did I say 1200 was a LCD now did I? I know how I got fat. it was from overeating and not being as active. I know I also can and have lost it eating more than 1200 calories. why should I eat the bare minimum when I dont have to and can still lose weight? Im pretty sure that was my points to others who said they ate less than 1200 especially a few of the make members. why would I deprive myself of things I like to eat when I can eat them and still lose weight? an obese person can eat more than 1200 calories and still lose weight. some of them depending on height and weight can lose eating 2000. so why would they want to eat so little calories? or even less than mfp recommends? and Im not talking those who have had WLS or are under a dr's care either. you are picking and choosing the things I have stated but that seems to be your norm. you still didnt answer my question about how you became overweight. if others make assumptions how come you are jumping their *kitten* and just mine? I dont care if you think I am not helping anyone. I have helped others on MFP and will continue to try and do so. if you have nothing better to do than to single me out and dont like what I say,then maybe you should either keep scrolling or ignore me.I plan on doing that because you just want to be hateful. maybe its because your hangry. I dont know but you try and have a nice day because it sounds like you need one.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    1200 calories in with all that exercise can I ask how you became overweight to begin with then?

How did you get fat? Being unmindful of the calories you were consuming. Sorry you aren't able to find filling foods under 1300 calories but I can :)

1200 for a female isnt VLC... MFP wouldn't suggest it if it wasn't allowed, right? You and others make vast assumptions about the people who do eat lower calories.. you are not trying to help anyone. If it makes you feel important to try to lecture people keep coming back like a broken record but it doesn't look like.you helped anyone here

lol you are hilarious.Im not lecturing anyone. and again you are singling me out of others who basically said the same thing. wonder why that is? and no where did I say 1200 was a LCD now did I? I know how I got fat. it was from overeating and not being as active. I know I also can and have lost it eating more than 1200 calories. why should I eat the bare minimum when I dont have to and can still lose weight? Im pretty sure that was my points to others who said they ate less than 1200 especially a few of the make members. why would I deprive myself of things I like to eat when I can eat them and still lose weight? an obese person can eat more than 1200 calories and still lose weight. some of them depending on height and weight can lose eating 2000. so why would they want to eat so little calories? or even less than mfp recommends? and Im not talking those who have had WLS or are under a dr's care either. you are picking and choosing the things I have stated but that seems to be your norm. you still didnt answer my question about how you became overweight. if others make assumptions how come you are jumping their *kitten* and just mine? I dont care if you think I am not helping anyone. I have helped others on MFP and will continue to try and do so. if you have nothing better to do than to single me out and dont like what I say,then maybe you should either keep scrolling or ignore me.I plan on doing that because you just want to be hateful. maybe its because your hangry. I dont know but you try and have a nice day because it sounds like you need one.

You worry too much about what and how much other people choose to put into their bodies. That's not up to you, so get over it. If you're so heart broken about being singled out maybe you should avoid threads like these. Nobody asked for your opinion, so expect to be singled out if you decide to give it.

Oh and yes what you are doing is lecturing people... duh.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Colt1835 wrote: »

You worry too much about what and how much other people choose to put into their bodies. That's not up to you, so get over it. If you're so heart broken about being singled out maybe you should avoid threads like these. Nobody asked for your opinion, so expect to be singled out if you decide to give it.

lol you just dont like being told by myself and others that you are eating too little and you were wrong on other things. lol Im not heart broken not in the least. and guess what? its a public post so I can post whatever I want to post just like anyone else can. so if you dont expect to hear others opinions whether you want to hear them or not maybe you should avoid these threads as well??? all you did was tell others they were wrong,and like I said if you want to harm your body you go right ahead and do that. you dont listen to any advice that was given to you aside from what I stated,you just kept saying what you are doing is safe and blah blah blah. I was not the only one to tell you this.. and you should be expected to be singled out too when you tell people you eat less than you are supposed to and that its safe to eat less than 1000 calories.. if you want to bash me go for it if it makes you feel better as you are another hangry person as well. you try and have a nice evening.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

1200 calories can be plenty of food, and it can be too little. It depends on the person, the situation the choice of food...etc.

I believe when she is saying is that you don't HAVE to eat 1200 calories she doesn't mean you absolutely shouldn't under any circumstances. Some newer people come here believing they can't lose weight unless they eat 1200 calories or less without eating back exercise calories, then rage quit when it feels too hard. I have seen some posts over the years from people who were actually thankful to be told they did not have to eat low and restrict foods. These comments were helpful to them.

If you know you don't have to eat that low (save for a few exceptions), but you choose to do so anyway, and you are aware what that means in terms of muscle loss (or know how to minimize it on low calories, or are obese so don't have to worry about it too much, or don't care in the first place), and if you know how to handle it nutrient-wise and satisfaction-wise by all means do so! You are doing it out of choice not out of ignorance, which is different. If you believe the pros outweigh the cons for you and you have a good grasp on the situation carefully watching for any health issues (low calories and rapid weight loss can significantly increase the chance for developing gallstones), no one has the right to tell you otherwise.

I just hope you understand where these posts are usually coming from. They aren't usually meant to judge your choice, but to present more choices for those who did not know they had them, even if it looks sometimes like a back and forth sort of argument. Think of it to be similar to those who are told it's not necessary to go low carb/gluten free/clean eating...etc. People are just being told they don't HAVE to do any of that to lose weight. If they feel a certain way of eating makes things easier for them then that's great, but if they are feeling miserable doing something they think they should be doing but is not necessary, they are more likely to succeed when they know they can eat in any way that works for them and makes them happy and still lose weight.

Back to topic. I do 1200 calories sometimes when I'm zigzagging my calories and I haven't died yet. 1200 is not a scary number, it's just not necessary in most cases outside of personal choice.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on 1200 (5021kj)
    I'm on my last few kgs to lose (8lbs) so I've upped my exercise in an effort to get me over the line.
    I'm usually fine to stay under 1200 (unless i eat out, which is maybe once a week) and I generally don't eat back my exercise calories. The weight has been coming off steadily, so hopefully that continues.
    I'm definitely enjoying feeling lighter and fitter!

Add me if you want, and good luck!
  • Colt1835
    Options

lol you just dont like being told by myself and others that you are eating too little and you were wrong on other things. lol Im not heart broken not in the least. and guess what? its a public post so I can post whatever I want to post just like anyone else can. so if you dont expect to hear others opinions whether you want to hear them or not maybe you should avoid these threads as well??? all you did was tell others they were wrong,and like I said if you want to harm your body you go right ahead and do that. you dont listen to any advice that was given to you aside from what I stated,you just kept saying what you are doing is safe and blah blah blah. I was not the only one to tell you this.. and you should be expected to be singled out too when you tell people you eat less than you are supposed to and that its safe to eat less than 1000 calories.. if you want to bash me go for it if it makes you feel better as you are another hangry person as well. you try and have a nice evening.

I don't care if you think I'm wrong about anything. I'll sleep just fine at night without your approval.

Yes it's a public forum and you can post whatever you want. I never said you couldn't. I do expect to hear other's opinions; I just don't complain about being singled out when people give them.

"All you did was tell other's they were wrong" That's also all you did. Here you go again with "If you want to harm your body blah... blah lecturing blah... blah''. It's not your choice what I put into my body. How do you not get that?

It is safe to eat less than 1000 calories for certain people in certain situations. You and others not believing me doesn't change that.

Stop calling people hangry. I'm sure you have no clue what hungry feels like. There's no way YOU would eat little enough to know what it feels like to be hungry. I've honestly only been hungry once in my life and trust me I wouldn't make myself hungry on purpose.

• Colt1835
    Options

1200 calories can be plenty of food, and it can be too little. It depends on the person, the situation the choice of food...etc.

I believe when she is saying is that you don't HAVE to eat 1200 calories she doesn't mean you absolutely shouldn't under any circumstances. Some newer people come here believing they can't lose weight unless they eat 1200 calories or less without eating back exercise calories, then rage quit when it feels too hard. I have seen some posts over the years from people who were actually thankful to be told they did not have to eat low and restrict foods. These comments were helpful to them.

If you know you don't have to eat that low (save for a few exceptions), but you choose to do so anyway, and you are aware what that means in terms of muscle loss (or know how to minimize it on low calories, or are obese so don't have to worry about it too much, or don't care in the first place), and if you know how to handle it nutrient-wise and satisfaction-wise by all means do so! You are doing it out of choice not out of ignorance, which is different. If you believe the pros outweigh the cons for you and you have a good grasp on the situation carefully watching for any health issues (low calories and rapid weight loss can significantly increase the chance for developing gallstones), no one has the right to tell you otherwise.

I just hope you understand where these posts are usually coming from. They aren't usually meant to judge your choice, but to present more choices for those who did not know they had them, even if it looks sometimes like a back and forth sort of argument. Think of it to be similar to those who are told it's not necessary to go low carb/gluten free/clean eating...etc. People are just being told they don't HAVE to do any of that to lose weight. If they feel a certain way of eating makes things easier for them then that's great, but if they are feeling miserable doing something they think they should be doing but is not necessary, they are more likely to succeed when they know they can eat in any way that works for them and makes them happy and still lose weight.

Back to topic. I do 1200 calories sometimes when I'm zigzagging my calories and I haven't died yet. 1200 is not a scary number, it's just not necessary in most cases outside of personal choice.

Yeah I'm aware I don't have to eat 1200 calories and I usually don't, and I know there are sometimes pros as well as cons involved. I can respect your point of view as not being judgmental, but others on this thread clearly don't have the same intentions as you do.
  • sbtripp
    sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 and any ideas for menus would be appreciated. Just been at this three days. The first day FP said I did not eat enough. Yesterday I was 50 calories over.
  • fatgirlflow
    fatgirlflow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1300 but that is just because I don't count the calories in fruits or veggies (except for potatoes). I've tried, but it becomes a major source of stress for me.
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1270 and I have a hell of a time sticking to it!
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For the last two weeks I've followed a strict diet - porridge made with water, salads, steamed vegetables, lean meat. I was quite surprised when I started back on MFP again and it told me I wasn't eating enough. I ended up eating chocolate yesterday to get closer to 1200, but I don't feel great about that. Historically I either diet strictly, or I binge on junk food. I'm nervous about the middle road, I'm not familiar with it. Is there a way to see how other people on 1200 eat on MFP? I am doing better nutritionally right now though. During my overeating phases I don't get near a vegetable!

You can friend me if you'd like. I keep an open diary,allow myself treats and have to manage it all on the road.

• change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    At 1200 a day. My diary is open as well. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

MFP sets a 1200 net goal for females, which means if you are exercising, you should be eating back at least some of those calories. I think what @CharlieBeansmomTracey was saying was that people don't always seem to be doing that, which means for someone who is exercising, especially strenuously, they could burn off 200-500 or even more cals through exercise which would put them at a net calorie intake of less than 1000 cals. I think there was someone up thread who was training for a half marathon on 1200 cals, which is certainly not enough.

Also, there are a lot of people who do benefit from hearing that you don't HAVE to eat 1200 cals in order to lose weight. I think you and I have exchanged comments in another thread where you said that because of your long work hours, long commute, personal situation, and amount of weight you have to lose, 1200 is the right goal for you, and I don't disagree with that. The OP said nothing about extenuating circumstances or being under medical supervision, so it is possible that she and others may also benefit from hearing from posters like myself that realized quickly that 1200 wasn't enough for me, and that through continued efforts to become more active I've been able to raise my maintenance cal level to >2000. It was through threads like this one that I learned that was possible, and I'm very grateful to the posters who taught me that and I make every effort to pay it forward as many of the veterans I learned from are no longer around...
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1,200 and I eat anywhere between 1000-1,200 and the weight in slowly dropping off me
  • reducinglisa
    reducinglisa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to get 1200 but never do. Now I'm running again so I get a deficit against that number. It's working. Down 49.5-lbs this year.