should I fight for him ?

Options

Replies

• BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That's what Stonewall Jackson said too

No, actually he said "Never take counsel of your fears", which is also excellent advice.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Don't but stupid. We guys aren't that overly complicated. We want every woman on the planet we find remotely attractive. We're dogs. It's in our nature.

And if we have one already but we have another one tagging along and hanging around and showing us they want us?

That's when we men split up into two groups.

Those with honor.
    and
    Those who will swear we'll break up with the other one.

Those with honor either just do it, or say "Sorry, I'm taken." and make it clear, straight forward and direct. No way to confuse it with anything else.

We man up, in other words.

He's playing both you and her. He knows he had it good then, he knows he's got it good now and he knows he can have it even better (in his mind) when he can play both of you at the same time.

If he was madly in love with you and missed what he had before, he'd tell her goodbye without even giving it a second thought and he'd apologize for making you wait even that long.

^^^^^^^LISTEN TO THIS GUY^^^^^^^^^
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Since he says he will never breakup with gf, you must ask yourself are you/they wanting a open relationship of sorts...if not, stop thinking it's worth it.
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    tm1zcq7gvmn1.jpeg

Some people use those words.

Some people live by them.

Good movie and it proved that point very well. There's those who pretend to know what those words mean, those who do know what those words mean and those that actually live by them.

Pick one.
  • jawillia
    jawillia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I went through that exact same thing for 9 years. Ours wasn't as on and off as yours and we were older when it started, but I always had my race race around him, etc, and it was on and off a few times. He got a new girlfriend, I moved away. He eventually reached out to my friend to get my number because he missed me so much and I never told anyone that my heart was breaking daily not being with him. His ex girlfriend even told his mom that she had to leave him because he was always comparing her to me and she couldn't stand it. We started talking as friends but he told me what a mistake it was ending things with me, how much he loved me and would do anything to have me back. We talked every day for months and months. It was better than it had ever been. That is until the new girlfriend he was living with called me. When I tried to confront him, he just hung up the phone. I was in FL and he was in NC, so not like I could just go confront him in person. After a year he called me. He cried, apologized, told me that he had broken up with her and she got his phone and lied and he thought I would hate him and not believe him. So, it started again, the talking, the trust building. Him calling me every single day and night. He loved me so much. But apparently not enough to end his next new relationship. This one he is now married to. All the feelings, the tears, etc was bs. He wanted to have his cake and eat it, too as the saying goes. I'm not sure if you told him how you feel, but if he poured out his feelings and said he would break up with his girlfriend then you most likely did. If so, then move on, he doesn't love you enough to leave her and do not listen to what a HARD DECISION it is. When you love someone truly like that, there is nothing that would stop you from being with them if they want too. If you havent, then you need to tell him now and give him a week. Seriously, if he loves you that much and he knows you feel it too there is no reason he won't end it like immediately. Another concern is that if he loves you like he does, he knows you are single, then what is he doing? Why didn't he already end things with her when he realized how he felt? He plays games with people's emotions? I'm not saying my situation is yours, but I wish I had really questioned those things and saved myself years of heartache. I literally ached and hurt every day not being with him.
    Also, you will never feel that feeling again with anyone. It's because when you are young, you immerse yourself in that person. There is no emotional baggage, no guards up, etc. You lose yourself in them. I am now happily married. My husband is my best friend. He treats me well. He is my partner and my best friend. The feeling isn't as intense but it's different and better. There is comfort, trust, love, respect, and deep friendship in our relationship. Although, I my heart doesn't skip a beat when I hear his name, my love is deeper and stronger than anything else I have ever felt.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Both of you are all about the feels. Feels change a lot, depending on who is around at the time. I think you two will be solid friends for life but if his feelings flip as soon as another chick dances to his beat, he's not as loyal as you keep hoping.

You need a new romance and new feelings I think to help the old memories and the old butterflies to settle down. A good novel might help. Don't read anything from Nicholas Sparks. He writes for all the feels, and every time I read one of his books I end up despising the noodle headed heroine.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    l4shrr6iygl8.jpg

This thread was cleaned a bit because we have community guidelines... like:
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
    and
    6. No Intentionally Hurtful Posts

Topics or posts which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.
    and
    17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. This includes the use of non-alphabetical characters to approximate expletives or other objectionable language. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

We reserve the right to moderate a topic or post based on the intent of the sexual material it contains. Posts intended to titillate will be removed. Posts with medical or clinical themes related to sex or sexual health may be permitted, at our discretion.
    The full text of the Community Guidelines can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Have a freaking fantastic day.

• SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    1. If he really cared for you, and loved you that much, chances are, he'd of never broke up with you, or posted pics with other girls so quickly
    2. He should not be saying crap like that to you when he already had another bird and you shouldn't be declaring your "undying love" for him either
    3. If he's saying he's going to leave his bird for you, yet hasn't, what makes you think if you did get back together that he won't be saying that to another girl behind your back?
    4. He was your childhood sweetheart, your first love! We've all had one! We all thought that no-one would ever beable to replace them, that you'll never beable to love anyone else every again ect ect
    5. He's a dog, just walk away from him for good, focus on yourself and when your happy with yourself, someone better will come along and rock your little world
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Cross the bridge, toss the match on it. If you don't, this is going to keep happening as long as you allow it. Let it go. As time passes, the hurt will fade, but you have to let the time pass. Also, I think you need to expand your social circle. Good luck, sweetie.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Take it from an old broad: NOPE. Run. You are young and have all the time in the world. Don't waste it on someone who seems to have already moved on.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I find articles such as this far more instructive on human behavior than assumptions about all men and infidelity: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1211104/Think-men-unfaithful-sex-A-study-shows-WOMEN-biggest-cheats--theyre-just-better-lying-it.html

Of course, this doesn't show that all women cheat either, or even want to cheat. The variations in genetics and behavior among individuals is interesting and informative to those willing to read.

• suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If he can dump her on a whim he can dump you. ....remember you lose them like you gained them.
  • cuteandcurvy1
    cuteandcurvy1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask this question, the answer is no. Let him make the decisions he needs to make to be fully committed to you. Until he does that, do not invest your heart.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Get it out of your system and fight for him. No matter what we tell you, you'll follow your feelings (which are still clinging to him).

BUT, just remember it's not gonna end well. It's gonna hurt like hell, but at least you'll know you're only second best for him - never the priority, never the only one.

Only then you'll be able to move on and forget about him... and have your eyes open for the one who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Can I recommend pretending he doesn't exist for you for the next year, OP? It's it's a good way to start the healing process, the quicker the better.