Healthy things to put on baked potatoes? (vegan)

Options
jade097
jade097 Posts: 9 Member
Please & thank you

Replies

• ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sun dried tomatoes and red onion
    Also: margarine, salt and pepper
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, nootch, soy "bacon bits"... those are my go-tos.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I love to sautee onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms and pile them on. Also butter and sour cream or plain greek yogurt. Salsa is also a good topper.

If I have leftovers, I will sometimes use that! A few times I have had leftover chinese stir fry veggies and it was yummy!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    <-- Not vegan
    Chili, nutritional yeast, baked beans, Earth Balance margarine, McCormick Bacon Bits (they are made out of soy), chives, sriracha or taco sauce, sauteed mushrooms, vegan mayo or sour cream, hummus, avocado, bbq sauce, ketchup, olive oil, paprika, sliced olives.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Earth balance "buttery spread" , salt, pepper, and chopped green onions omg sooo good!

(Earth balance is 90 calories a tablespoon but it's a lot, you could use half a tbs)
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan either, but salt, pepper, and salsa. Butter or coconut oil, if that's your thing, but I prefer mine without them.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    The classic butter and sour cream is hands down my favorite.

Ill occasionally also do broccoli or cauliflower and cheese or ranch.
  • fatgirlflow
    fatgirlflow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For dinner tonight I had a baked sweet potato with balsamic & herb roasted veggies, like courgette/zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, red onion and red bell pepper. You could also use hummus, bean/vegetable chilli or homemade coleslaw in a vinaigrette instead of mayonnaise.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells a vegan sour cream and vegan cheese with some chopped green onions. And fakon(meatless bacon)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Baked beans. Doctor them up with lots of smoked paprika and fried onions, vinegar and brown sugar. Don't forget lots of whatever you use instead of butter, slathered on before you add the beans. If you can find a creamy substance to put on top that will be even better.

I'm not vegan but I know that'll be good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Black beans, corn and salsa mixed together. Or refried beans instead of black beans.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what your definition of "healthy" is, but I will use salt and pepper, nutritional yeast "cheese" sauce, vegan sour cream, coconut bacon, chili, baked beans, or hot sauce on mine.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My kids like salad dressing on theirs.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Vegan mayo with crushed red pepper
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Daiya cheese and chives. Or caramelized onion and mushrooms. Or like others have said...beans or chili, salsa, nutritional yeast etc.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Salsa verde! Mmmmm....
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Cooked greens- mustard, turnip, kale, etc with garlic, red pepper flakes & vinegar.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Vegan mayo with crushed red pepper

This sounds delicious to me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Curried chickpeas is a great suggestion. Yum.