From 388 to 215.. and still going. It's been quite a ride.

Options

Replies

• auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go!
    Also go Pens!!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You look amazing!
  • EllenOlenska1
    EllenOlenska1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Inspirational for sure! What a great job. You look so happy and healthy, and that's what matters most. Keep up the good work...and look forward to a long, healthy life.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Seriously amazing. Congrats!
  • derbycitycat
    derbycitycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work! Totally awesome and inspiring!
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    impresive and inspired!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Today we are having delicious donuts at work. The old me would eat like 3 or 4 of them. The new me did an extra 15 minutes on a workout this morning and will only have one donut(and enjoy it alot) and not even be worried about the temptation to have more.

This right here shows how much you've changed over the past year! :) It's amazing what happens when we become more aware of how many calories are in various things, huh? I hope you do savour and enjoy that one donut! :)
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Another change I've noticed is i don't eat when I'm bored. Right now I was bored, the old me would have turned to food. The new me went and did 15 minutes on the bike to fill that time.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • sj1sunshine
    sj1sunshine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself, and you will definitely be an inspiration to others. Keep up the good work:)
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - very inspirational!
  • happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I barely know you and am so proud! Way to go. Thank you for inspiring me xo
  • cclif404
    cclif404 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing. I'm just truly inspired with how you are so honest about not being able to do a lot at first and then building up. You look fantastic and I know you feel the same. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    If I can inspire anyone to keep on trying no matter what then that is a really good feeling.
  • dserickson1
    dserickson1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job and so inspiring!
  • madguru7
    madguru7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great and your story will certainly inspire others.
  • antwaneg52
    antwaneg52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im starting out the same weight as you. Actually i was at 400 a month ago but im down to 380 now. Lucky enough to not have needed any medication but nevertheless health has become #1 priority for me so seeing this post was great. Just wanted to know at what weight do you feel like you kind of stopped losing weight?

Ive been losing a little but I know sooner or later i will plateau and have to change things up.

Also, what was a typical workout for your when you first started? Like how much were you doing cardio vs weight training? And what type of weight training?
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Dang! Amazing transformation!
  • MalkinMagic71
    Options
    antwaneg52 wrote: »
    Im starting out the same weight as you. Actually i was at 400 a month ago but im down to 380 now. Lucky enough to not have needed any medication but nevertheless health has become #1 priority for me so seeing this post was great. Just wanted to know at what weight do you feel like you kind of stopped losing weight?

Ive been losing a little but I know sooner or later i will plateau and have to change things up.

Also, what was a typical workout for your when you first started? Like how much were you doing cardio vs weight training? And what type of weight training?

I actually never plateaued. Some weeks I had bigger losses than others but I've lost consistently since I started. I know that I'm lucky and that's not the case for everyone.

Exercise...I've done pretty much only cardio. I started doing 10 to 15 minutes a day and worked up from there. Now I do at least 60 minutes a day. I lift small weights at home here and there but nothing crazy. I did just join a local gym to hopefully start lifting more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!