What are single people supposed to do other than eat?

Options
GobletofFlames
GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
edited July 2016 in Chit-Chat
I get the whole thing about creating a caloric deficit

But if you are single what are you supposed to do other than eat, go to work, and sleep?

People in relationships can:

have coffee with their husband
talk to their husband about their day
hold their husband's hand
have sex with their husband
go on a hike with their husband

Whereas single people have a lot of time on their hands which is why they eat and get fat

Replies

• Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When I was single I was fit and toned! I over did it but I exercised more then than with someone. Went out more too.And well got more sex single too lol girl your head space is all wrong! Di you like to exercise? By that photo I'd say no. Are you just relying on being on a food deficit? If so that makes it difficult to maintain and suck for the social life. I'd say add in the exercise as part of the social life...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Some of them have therapy. I suggest you try it.

QFT
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

But if you are single what are you supposed to do other than eat, go to work, and sleep?

Whereas single people have a lot of time on their hands which is why they eat and get fat

i would ask if you have any friends, but if your other posts are to be believed, i know the answer to that...
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I can't help but think you sound a bit bitter about the fact your still single and other people are in relationships.
    You must be doing something wrong, but it doesn't mean there is something wrong with YOU.
    Maybe give internet dating a try ?
    I can assure you not all single people sit around just eating and becoming fat, that's just a choice some people make.

If you think about it some couples sit together and become fat, so it's nothing to do with being single, I think you sound like you've given up hope of finding someone I think the trick is work on yourself, get fit not fat and try to lighten up a bit about stuff. Good luck hope you do meet someone nice
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Being married doesn't mean you do those things. I work, come home, cook, take care of kids then go to bed. I don't get a lot of help from my husband therefore leaving me very little time for anything else.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Read a book without anyone interrupting you, go for a walk, go wherever you want without having to explain it to anyone, enjoy having your own thoughts, see a movie or a show, build a computer, paint a picture of your cat, take a class, take selfies.

I do these things, all the time. ;)

You paint a picture of @lithezebra 's cat? Does she know?
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Get a dog :) they're great company and love you regardless!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Osiris275 wrote: »
    Get a dog :) they're great company and love you regardless!

That would be a very bad idea. It would cause issues in the gym.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options

I've been married for sixteen years. I do none of these things.