Laboring Towards Labor Day (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    All right let's get this party started. Starting weight for this challenge 225.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting weight......196.1
    Goal Weight ..........187.0

I will be MIA from Thursday 6/7 till Tue 6/12.
    I am dreading the car trip from Wisconsin (where I live) to Chapel Hill NC (Cousin's Wedding) 17 + hours with my sister and her two kids. Anyone have any good Snack food ideas? When I quit smoking in the car I started to snack.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 190.5
    Goal weight is 178.5
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Valerie and I'm 36 years old. I had a really bad fall about 6 yrs back and was pretty much on bed rest for 2 months. I lost some of that weight but not all of it. That, combined with my metabolism being messed with about 10 yrs ago meant my body "reset" about 25 lbs heavier than it should be. I joined about a year ago and have managed keep myself under 160...something I haven't been able to do in the years previous. I also have back problems, so my goals on here have been to drop the rest of the 10 lbs,, strengthen all those back muscles and retrain the body to accept the new weight.

I was on the challenge prior to the one that just ended, and it did wonders for my motivation. I had to drop out of the last challenge because of work and the back. I work at a bank and I'm on a lot of special projects Better busy than worried about layoffs is my take! But it did do a number on my fitness the last few months. Time to get back on the wagon!

I've been married to my husband for not quite 10yrs. We are actually going back to Disneyworld, where we had our honeymoon, the week before Labor Day for our anniversary. So MAJOR incentive there. We will be back home on Labor Day for that final weigh in. I don't have any kids but we have 3 dogs that think they are human and are in the process of adoption.
    You guys are my biggest motivation for the eating and the weight loss. My DH is my biggest for the exercise b/c he knows it helps the pain management.

Can't wait to see everyone's results. I hope to drop 9 lbs this challenge.

My starting weight is 159.8
    My goal weight is 150.8
    HAPPY 4th of JULY! :happy:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July everyone Today I weighed in at 176.2 higher than the start of the last challenge but I am going to roll with it my goal is 15lbs.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy 4th. My weigh in was 143.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi my name is Jill and I'm 51. I have two grown children and am married to my second husband. I'm a retired teacher struggling with getting back on track with MFP. I joined before and was thrilled to get to 199. Unfortunately, I started regaining weight in Novemeber when I found out there were problems in my marriage and by March I had reached an all time high weight of 229. I started having major high blood pressure problems for the first time ever. It's been a difficult eight months for me since I've had my blood pressure doubled on me twice. I know my health and happiness depend on my committment to lose weight and walk daily. I'm now at 217.8.
    It's really encouraging seeing how many of you all were successful with the last challenge! Like newimpro my weight today is higher than my starting weight of the last challenge...bummer! But I hope to reapply myself and lose 9 pounds! Good luck to all of us!
    Starting weight 217.8
    Goal weight 208.8
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hi and Happy 4th of July girls!

My starting weight today 163.8.... my highest ever
    Goal weight at the end of the challenge 152.8

I'd really like to be under 150, but I dont know how realistic that is? My biggest motivation is.... just recently my wedding rings wont fit :sad: :sad: :sad: I want to wear them again comfortably.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 160.2
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    jkim- I have blood pressure issues also and I am constantly working on improving it. Good luck everyone!!! We can do it!
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    No change in weight for the start of this challenge...well, it went up a little, but I haven't been eating well this holiday weekend so was expecting some gain. So my official start weight is 268.2lbs and am working to be 256 by the end of this challenge. Honestly, breaking into the 250s at all would be a HUGE accomplishment for me.

Looking forward to the challenge and getting to know everyone and my teammates!

XOXO
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Starting the challenge at 170. Goal weight is 160. Let's kick some serious tail these next 9 weeks!!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    okay i'm gonna start this thread now...we can't do our "first" weigh in until we finish the 4th of july challenge...
    once i have our final weigh ins from that thread, i'll add them to the spreadsheet and see how to set up the teams....

depending on how many we have should we have 2 or 4 member teams??? we currently have 19 people who have signed up...thoughts????

i just entered our "current" weights to see what the chart does and it looks like overall everyone is attempting to lose 4-9% during the 9wks.....anyway, give me some input or we'll stick to individuals cause i dont know what i'm doing with the teams lol and i dont want to be responsible for "stacking the deck" unfairly.....

Goal
    Loss Name
    9 BifDiehl
    9 bluiz13
    9 cmpettey
    18 dixedreg
    11 FitJ1210
    12 Gerkenstein
    9 jklm
    15 jllipson
    9 justyourtypicalgirl
    9 kcthatsme
    12 kris1085
    10 LadyPersia
    15 newimproved2011
    9 robynrae_1
    9 shannonaufman
    9 shirley61
    9 sonnut
    9 thedestar
    12 weaziemand

I hope it is not too late to join this challenge.
    Starting W: 173
    GW: 150
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    here is the chart for the start of our challenge.....this is individuals right now...i need to get the teams set up but i wanted to show everyone where we are starting...i'll have the teams done in a little bit...
    LaboringTowardsLaborDayChallenge74.jpg
  • bluiz13
    Options
    okay seriously....i'm trying to "break" up the teams to make the percentage of our goal loss even and even with a 3 day weekend behind me lol my brain is fried after just 10 mins of trying to figure this out....so are you guys seriously okay with me just setting up the teams randomly?????
  • bluiz13
    Options
    here are the teams....hope this is okay...i cut up the names and randomly made the teams...we have 4 teams of 4 and 2 teams of 3.....i suggest if you are not already friends with the members of your team maybe you should become friends for support and encouragement....

here's the link to the google spreadsheet....
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmsRzs_p1FWddFJVVldnTjZUVkpodElJYzRJWGtnVGc&hl=en_US

here's the chart to view here too....
    LaboringTowardsLaborDayChallengeteams.jpg
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Looks fantastic, Denise. Great as always. Thanks for the hard work!!
  • LadyPersia
    Options
    Good morning Team Teal!!!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    bumping to write here in a few minutes...
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GO TEAM PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!