*Summer Sweeties to Fall Knockouts* 7.4.11 Week #3 (CLOSED G

Options
Krys_T
Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope everyone has had or will have the opportunity to eat some great food, spend time with friends and family and enjoy some fireworks!

I see that last week we had some people rocking the mini-challenge out! Congratulations! I also see we have half as many posts from week #1 to week #2 :smile: hopefully not too many people have thrown in the towel yet. My theory is simple..."You can either throw in the towel or use it to wipe the sweat and keep pushing". Which one are you all going to do?

Please make sure your stats are in the spreadsheet...remember if I don't need official measurements again until the 11th, so if you are not measuring until then you can either put the ones from last week or n/a in those sections.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&formkey=dGVvLVlubUI0b3BLXzJKdEdPTWVPdGc6MQ#gid=0

Now this week's mini-challenge is nutrition related...it is called the "Let it FLOW" challenge! It will require you to start tracking, if you are not already, your daily FIBER intake. I cannot tell you how incredibly important fiber is for your body. It is crucial for your bodies digestive system and to help manage and lose weight. The daily recommendation is between 25 and 30 grams, while the average person only gets 15.

So I really want all of us to set a goal and try our hardest to stick to it. So what is your "Let it FLOW" goal going to be?

Replies

• Krys_T
    Options
    My "Let it Flow" goal is going to be 25 grams of fiber a day. Which would be a total of 175 grams this week!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Here is an awesome site, which has some ideas for fiber-rich foods :)

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/063008p28.shtml
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I don't track fiber so I don't know what to put. I will follow your lead and say 25 grams a day. BTW I love your new picture!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I also don't usually track fiber (time to start!), so I'm going to go a bit lower and shoot for 20g a day... hopefully becoming more fiber-conscious as the week progresses!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get 25 grams every day :)
  • Krys_T
    Options
    I don't track fiber so I don't know what to put. I will follow your lead and say 25 grams a day. BTW I love your new picture!

Thank you Karen! That is a picture of me at my goal weight of 165....hoping to see that number by Christmas...Lord willing and with a lot of hard work, I will :)
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get between 25-30 grams of fiber each day, i have to track my have IBS and if i don't get enough it causes me a lot of problems. Thanks Krys for the summer challenge i'm really enjoying doing this, last week worked on the challenge didn't get it all done, had company all week and that was a challenge all of its own.
  • jamerican23
    jamerican23 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I usually track Fiber so my "Let it Flow" goal is going to be 21 grams of fiber a day. Which would be a total of 147 grams this week!

Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY everyone and have a great week tracking :flowerforyou: all
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Okay Group!!

I'm shooting for 25 grams a fiber a day, I Do track it but I haven't paid to much attention to it Like I should. Thanks Krystle for this Mini challenge.

Good Luck Everyone! And Happy July Fourth
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and Happy 4th of July,

I usually don't look at my fiber too much, but it's something I need to start paying attention to. My Let it flow goal for each day this week will be 25 since looking at my diary that is most likely what I have done.

Keep up the good work everyone...and remember to not give up. We Can do this!
  • sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't really track fiber, so I'll also go with the rest of the crowd...25g! Here's to letting it flow!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Hello Sweetiesl!!

Well I am happy to report I maintained my 340 weight over the weekend at family reunion. Actually it was not as hard as I thought. With many older family members being sick because of health issues the food was pretty healthy. I had plenty of NSV but too tired to go into but I felt sooooooo good because of what I was able to do.

Friday my knee was cramping because of the long drive but my awesome Mom had a hot water bottle with her, so I used it and I so ready by Saturday. I did the elliptical both days. I did not count calories on MFP but kept a written food diary.

I lost 1 pound this week and that was good. This week I am shooting for 2 to 3 pounds! With the new challenge this should help me reach my goals for sure.

How was your weekend? and what are you plans for the week? Please share.

Have a good week and congrats to the awesome weight losses we had last week!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Special shout out and congrats to QTI1 who has lost a total of 8 pounds so far! Whoooohoo! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Again, congrats to the awesome weight losses we had last week!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

If you maintained good job too!! It means you did something right! :wink: :wink:

If you gained please consider it part of the journey and do not give up. Perfection is not the key! Consistency is one of the tools you will need on this journey. Success is never giving up and believing in yourself and that you can do this even is you slip or have a bad week. The reason many fail at weight loss is they give up before they even get started.

We have not even made it to a month yet and many have not been consistent with check in which means some have already given up. :sad: :brokenheart: Don't give up Summer Sweeties! :noway: Keep trying as many times as it takes to get it right. Consistency not perfection.:flowerforyou: So please check in. If you need help we are here for you. That is what makes MFP a wonderf tool!! MFP does work IF you work it!! Many need the support but being quiet, isolated, etc will get you the same old results. Stop lurking and join in. You will get back what you put in. If you put nothing in you will get nothing.

So let's do this!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thank you Karen! That is a picture of me at my goal weight of 165....hoping to see that number by Christmas...Lord willing and with a lot of hard work, I will :)

I have no doubt you will get there Krys!!! You do look amazing girl!! You are already a beautiful lady so watch out Ms Knockout!!:bigsmile: Keep up the goo work!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I just swicthed to track fiber and realise that on most days I barely get over 15 grams....and I thought I was doing so well....thanks to this challenge I can make a better effort at it
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    GOAL 25 G PER DAY!! ;-)
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Bump...

Btw, I'm down 2 pounds.. I'm 4 pounds away from ONEderland :tongue:

Edit: my fiber intake is set at 25g.. This week I'm gonna try my hardest to reach it.

The last (last week) mini challenged I boomed it. I only did 4 of the 6 day challenge... My legs were in pain and then I slacked off :(
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Hello Sweetiesl!!

Well I am happy to report I maintained my 340 weight over the weekend at family reunion. Actually it was not as hard as I thought. With many older family members being sick because of health issues the food was pretty healthy. I had plenty of NSV but too tired to go into but I felt sooooooo good because of what I was able to do.

Friday my knee was cramping because of the long drive but my awesome Mom had a hot water bottle with her, so I used it and I so ready by Saturday. I did the elliptical both days. I did not count calories on MFP but kept a written food diary.

I lost 1 pound this week and that was good. This week I am shooting for 2 to 3 pounds! With the new challenge this should help me reach my goals for sure.

How was your weekend? and what are you plans for the week? Please share.

Have a good week and congrats to the awesome weight losses we had last week!!

Well this weekend was pretty good for me. Picked up another job for Saturday evenings...I know I do too much lol. My plan for this week is to get back to my normal routine. I have been a bit sporadic with everything, however, excited for what I have planned for the next few weeks in terms of nutrition and exercise. I am actually starting TurboFire over, all the way back to Day 1 starting today. I want to do the schedule, to the T and then see what results I truly get. So I am very excited to give that my all for the next 90 days! And balls to the wall with clean eating. I'm very amped! LOL!
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Happy 4th to everyone!

This is a great challenge! I track mine but haven't been paying as much attention to it either...I usually hover from 15-20, so my goal will be 25 grams/day or 175 for the week.
    good luck to everyone!

LET IT FLOW CHALLENGE - 25g/day or 175 grams for the week!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Bump!