Any fellow Keto's out there?

Options
Looking for other people who are currently doing Keto... I started 21 days ago and I am down 16 pounds so far.... Today I have decided to start logging and tracking my food intake. I have adjusted my macros to the numbers that an administrator gave me from a Facebook Keto group. It doesn't match 100%. So do I just get it as close as I can? Also looking for other tips or info related to Keto if your out there. I have found a few boards on Facebook and so far this WOE has been great!! Keto on...

Replies

• briislovely
    briislovely Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I follow keto!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP's standard steps are in 5% of calories so if you wanted to hit for example 50g of carbs = 200 calories that would work as 10% of 2000 or 15% of 1333 calories. So yes, get it as close as you can.

5 / 20 / 75 would be typical. or 10 / 25 / 65 etc.
  • ptouch
    ptouch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • Jenn81
    Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm starting keto ! Any tips ?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Join the Low Carber Daily. It is where most of us ketofiles hang out. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

My tip? Increase sodium intake to 3000-5000mg per day to avoid headaches, fatigue, brain fog, muscle aches and spasms.

Good luck. :)
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Friend me...Im keto. Under 20g a day
  • RicMackie
    RicMackie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Over 220 pounds lost in just over a year and a half. 400 to 170. Feel free to add me, but only if it's a 2-way support. I only have a handful of "friends", and I am always happy to share what does and doesn't work for me. Cheers!
  • adrienne8585
    adrienne8585 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to Keto, How do I keep my carbs under 20g a day? I have been doing it for a week now and cent get under 40g a day. A lot better than my other eating habits but still a struggle.
  • denelifet
    denelifet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto and loving it. My weight isn't dropping too quickly as i'm within less than 20 lbs of my goal and i've got quite a bit of muscle under my "fluff"....but the inches...WOW! The inches are coming off! Amaze-balls!!!!

i record my weight and certain measurements on my bathroom mirror with an dry erase marker...lol! I figure i'm in the bathroom everyday and ya just can't miss those markings on the mirror staring back at ya!

I measure only my chest (under the girls), my waist, my belly button (that's where i carry most my troublesome weight) and my hips.

My diary is open for any and all to read. Please be nice....
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I am Keto and weight loss is very slow at this point (stall for months) but its all good because I am very close to my goal weight and I am building muscle.