Replies

• trunkbay3434
    trunkbay3434 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Curves :)
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Psychologically, men want curves. It has nothing to do with looks, but rather of a man's perception of a woman's ability to carry, give birth to (hips), and nurse a child (breasts). This has been part of man's psychological make up since the cave man era.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    2qrh9cs8rsjt.jpg
    Personally, I strive for a realistic hourglass. But, this is because it falls into line with my natural shape. Not that I would pass up having my sister's slim hips & legs to her chin, but I know that the healthiest version of me is the best version of me! Conversely, my sister's healthiest version of her is her best version of her! In other words...healthy & confident is, and always has been, sexy!
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree with what Sir Mix A Lot said back in '92.
  • ddoud71
    ddoud71 Posts: 2,741 Member
    Options
    Curves are sexy
  • melasencio
    melasencio Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just had like eight banana twinkies :(
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    melasencio wrote: »
    I just had like eight banana twinkies :(

This

• TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    beauty comes in all shapes and size
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky. You got curves? Great. You don't? Awesome. It's still going in.
  • lilkimi525
    lilkimi525 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Curves for sure!!!
  • Cat3141
    Cat3141 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Women come in all different shapes. Some have big boobs and thin hips. Others have a big booty and are small on top. Some have both. Others have neither. Most are somewhere in between. Fortunately there are people (male and female) who will find you attractive whereever you fall.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I think all women are beautiful no matter what their body shape is like. But I definitely find curvy women more appealing for me when I'm looking at women in that way.
    And as a woman, I used to dislike my curves but now I embrace them, because I think they're beautiful. I used to nit-pick myself way too much for way too long so I'm glad I'm done with those days.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I think all women are beautiful no matter what their body shape is like. But I definitely find curvy women more appealing for me when I'm looking at women in that way.
    And as a woman, I used to dislike my curves but now I embrace them, because I think they're beautiful. I used to nit-pick myself way too much for way too long so I'm glad I'm done with those days.
    I wish I didn't. I'm extremely hard on myself. I don't know how to turn that off.
  • AestheticStar
    Options
    I wish I didn't. I'm extremely hard on myself. I don't know how to turn that off.

I think there will come a time when you learn to accept yourself & not be hard on yourself. When I turned 30, I was like "screw it!". I always felt miserable, even when I saw changes, I would always find something else to hate on. And it just isn't any way to live for anybody. I think it's better to see the changes, give yourself props, & be proud of even the smallest changes. No one should let what others think or feel or any guy thinks let you think that you're not beautiful or that what some guy wants is what you have to live up to. There are guys that will love you the way you are & appreciate all your qualities. I always felt like "Oh I have to be skinny & fit for a guy to like me". The funny thing is, when I quit being so determined to fit a "guys standard", & just embrace how I felt about myself & decided "I'm happy, I'm going to love myself, I don't care if anyone else doesn't", I met a guy who truly loves & adores everything about me. You just need to learn to love yourself, no matter what. I've got so many flaws, but now I'm just like "I'm going to embrace those". No one is perfect, so just love yourself. And the same goes for guys, they can be just as hard on themselves as us women, & they shouldn't be either.
    Sorry that was so long, but you are a beautiful woman, don't let anyone make you think otherwise. :) Just do you & be proud of yourself, 'cause you're the only you there is in this world & you're unique & beautiful, no matter what. :)

• revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Curves for sure :smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I think there will come a time when you learn to accept yourself & not be hard on yourself. When I turned 30, I was like "screw it!". I always felt miserable, even when I saw changes, I would always find something else to hate on. And it just isn't any way to live for anybody. I think it's better to see the changes, give yourself props, & be proud of even the smallest changes. No one should let what others think or feel or any guy thinks let you think that you're not beautiful or that what some guy wants is what you have to live up to. There are guys that will love you the way you are & appreciate all your qualities. I always felt like "Oh I have to be skinny & fit for a guy to like me". The funny thing is, when I quit being so determined to fit a "guys standard", & just embrace how I felt about myself & decided "I'm happy, I'm going to love myself, I don't care if anyone else doesn't", I met a guy who truly loves & adores everything about me. You just need to learn to love yourself, no matter what. I've got so many flaws, but now I'm just like "I'm going to embrace those". No one is perfect, so just love yourself. And the same goes for guys, they can be just as hard on themselves as us women, & they shouldn't be either.
    Sorry that was so long, but you are a beautiful woman, don't let anyone make you think otherwise. :) Just do you & be proud of yourself, 'cause you're the only you there is in this world & you're unique & beautiful, no matter what. :)

Agreed. Whatever size or shape a woman is she will likely think she doesn't fit the "guy's standard" and be hard on herself. And sometimes about things that aren't even real. So, I am in my late 30's now. And I choose to speak positive about myself and focus on thinking positive about myself. Doesn't mean I always do. But, when consciously making a choice I choose positive. Life is happier. Live and not be held back. I wish we all could have done this decades ago. It certainly does help to have a partner that adores you (I do as well). Not a requirement. But, as people are saying, there are guys with all different preferences. Some like girls of this shape or that or both, some like boys, some like both. People are complex like that. Despite what people say about how they like something and therefor all guys do, and it's evolutionary. As the wide range of sexual interests that exist, we know sexual preference is about a lot more than making babies now.
  • ayobeezy
    ayobeezy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really love curves on other women and myself! the picture is me at about 203 lbs, I'm 175 now.. trying to maintain my shape.. just a smaller + more tone version
  • infoandreafryett
    infoandreafryett Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No one is the same, no one's preferences are the same. What I prefer, may not be what you prefer. Appreciate what you have, and what others have to. There is enough beauty all around, and in everyone, and for everyone.
  • AestheticStar
    Options
    Agreed. Whatever size or shape a woman is she will likely think she doesn't fit the "guy's standard" and be hard on herself. And sometimes about things that aren't even real. So, I am in my late 30's now. And I choose to speak positive about myself and focus on thinking positive about myself. Doesn't mean I always do. But, when consciously making a choice I choose positive. Life is happier. Live and not be held back. I wish we all could have done this decades ago. It certainly does help to have a partner that adores you (I do as well). Not a requirement. But, as people are saying, there are guys with all different preferences. Some like girls of this shape or that or both, some like boys, some like both. People are complex like that. Despite what people say about how they like something and therefor all guys do, and it's evolutionary. As the wide range of sexual interests that exist, we know sexual preference is about a lot more than making babies now.

Exactly. I used to always focus on the "numbers". Like "oh no, I gained a pound, I'm horrible, I've messed up" or "my pant size has gone up". I think focusing on that is what really gets people in a bad place too. I stopped using the scale, my pant size is around 11-13, & I feel wonderful! Oh I hear you there, I still have days & I nit-pick or feel terrible, but I definitely don't let it consume me. You just got to keep yourself positive, focus on the good instead of the little flaws that don't matter. Definitely & I'm happy that there are men & women out there that are very open minded & don't limit themselves either to looking for a person of a specific type. And like I always say, yeah looks are great, but they do not last. So people should focus more on the personality, the physical & mental connection, not so much the looks, 'cause if they stay in this box of "I need this kind of (guy or girl)", they could pass up the greatest person ever for them because they want to stick to some superficial ideal of what their lover should look like. And I'm very proud that you have decided to have a positive attitude & not run yourself down. Props to you!
  • AestheticStar
    Options
    ayobeezy wrote: »
    I really love curves on other women and myself! the picture is me at about 203 lbs, I'm 175 now.. trying to maintain my shape.. just a smaller + more tone version

Wow! You are stunning, definitely love your curves girl, you're rocking them! <3