It's soooooo hot outside!!

13»

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I'm in Houston. We've been getting up to go walking early before the sun comes up. It's still relatively hot and humid, but not miserable. But if we oversleep, and I try to go out after my husband has gone off to work and the sun is up, it's MISERABLE. We're about to start taking our walks in the evening, once the sun has started to set. Again, still relatively hot and humid, but not as bad as when the sun is up, and this way we can't oversleep and miss it.

Here too. Get up and run at 6am. Drenched from humidity. I commute by bike to work. In the mornings I am soaked from the humidity, in the afternoons I am soaked from the heat. I use a chilly pad, chilling headband and water. During the worst of the summer, I stop by a splash pad on the way home and soak myself. My clothes have usually dried within 5 minutes it's so hot.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    I'm usually out on my bike before dawn. Otherwise I won't get out in the heat. I'd rather be riding in the snow than in +90 weather.
  • purplemoonpie
    purplemoonpie Posts: 25 Member
    I live in NC and know what you're talking about. I go to work at 7 am - I tried running the other morning but it was SKETCHY dark.....not safe. When I get off work at 4 pm it is dangerous to run. I try to either wait till evening (which can be hard) or just do the treadmill or other indoor gym classes
  • brigg9
    brigg9 Posts: 104 Member
    Having lived in Michigan all my life, and now having also lost a lot of weight, I'm cold all of the time. I LOVE to be in the heat. Maybe it's because it suddenly feels comfortable even in the 90-100 degree days compared to when I was over weight?
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Although I don't live in a hot climate (we get all 4 seasons... to the extremes), it is currently very hot... about the same temp as you guys. I love running (that's basically my choice of cardio) and I don't let the heat stop me. If it's super hot I bring water with me. This probably isn't the recommended way to do it... but I can't just not do cardio during the summer. I think the best time of day to do it is early in the morning or late at night, though (when it's cooler).
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    I totally understand your problem! I live in Texas! I usually wait until 7:30 or 8:00 in the evening to take a 30 min bike ride, or I exercise indoors. I love Zumba fitness if you have a Kinect
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Or just dance! But I absolutely love Zumba! You can get a great workout from it and burn twice as many calories within an hour than just dance! An hour of Zumba can burn anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories within an hour, but it's very important to drink plenty of water before, during and after your dance, or any other workout for that matter(:
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    I run and cycle - heat be damned

Seriously though, when you cycle you do get a nice breeze....until you stop
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Me too it's hot in Charleston !
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I run and cycle - heat be damned

Seriously though, when you cycle you do get a nice breeze....until you stop

Yes! That's what I always say. I'm fine until I stop. Then I just melt.
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    I am in the Houston area. It is crazy hot and humid here. I was doing a bike ride everyday at lunch which was just nuts. I would come back looking pretty much destroyed. LOL. This week I started doing rides in the early morning around 6:30 am instead which still a bit hot and humid but much more tolerable. For my lunchtime workout, I hit the weights and/or the treadmill inside. Then, after the work day it's back outside for a swim.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Is the hot weather during the summer coming as a surprise to you? I'm in a semi desert that gets up to 40 celcius. I just put on some sunscreen, a tank top, bring a big bottle of water, and deal with it.
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Strech inside, inside bike - my helpers :)