Is it more practical to lose 1 pound per week?

Options
2»

Replies

• CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    I have the same exact problem lol, wanting to eat more but being impatient. How many calories can you eat to lose 1.5 pounds a week?

If 2lbs a week puts her at 1200 , that's a calorie deficit of 1000. 1lb a week puts her at 1700, with a deficit of 500.
    1.5 lbs a week would be a deficit of 750, so she would be at 1450 for 1.5 lbs a week.

This helped me so much thank you
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Probably obvious, but, OP: None of these are irrevocable decisions. I gather you've tried 1200, and aren't really loving it. So, try 1700 for a while, and see how that goes. You can always change back later, or split the difference and to to 1450.

But +1 to the idea that 1700 is smarter if you don't have a lot (say 50+ pounds) to lose.

And having a little extra energy may help you work on finding replacements for the emotional eating/bored eating . . . like, say, exercise.
  • WhileIStillCan
    WhileIStillCan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should give yourself the maximum number of calories you can eat while still losing some weight (0.5 to 1 pound a week)-- and then, if you have days where you feel like you can be happy with less, you can still eat less. In fact, eating more some days and less on other days (calorie cycling) can help with your weight loss.
  • Mom2Frankie
    Mom2Frankie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Eat somewhere in between and see how you feel. Second option... Maybe two weeks at the higher and every two or three weeks take 100 calories off until you're down to 1200