Thighs

Options
I have a really huge problem with my thighs. Is not that big but I think it is big. How could I lose fat from my thighs but not gain any muscle?

Replies

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit.
  • Charawe123
    Charawe123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What is that
  • Charawe123
    Options
    Please help. I am really having trouble with thighs fat.It will be greatly appreciated if someone out there could help me with it.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit means eat less that you burn )not just from exercise though, most of your calories are burnt in daily living, breathing etc).
    You can't choose which part of your body the weight goes from - you have to lose weight and try to build muscle and appreciate the fit and healthy body that is uniquely yours.
  • Charawe123
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Calorie deficit means eat less that you burn )not just from exercise though, most of your calories are burnt in daily living, breathing etc).
    You can't choose which part of your body the weight goes from - you have to lose weight and try to build muscle and appreciate the fit and healthy body that is uniquely yours.
    So that means I cannot lose weight at a certain part then how do people on internet lose weight and their legs become smaller and not so muscular

• BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Charawe123 wrote: »
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    So that means I cannot lose weight at a certain part then how do people on internet lose weight and their legs become smaller and not so muscular

I wouldn't take the things you see on the internet as the gospel. Everyones Photoshop happy these days, especially if we're talking IG. As for your goals it's all about training AND your nutrition. If If you're in a deficit you cannot build muscle therefore your thighs cannot increase in size. Knowing this you wanna implement a solid leg routine to help blast the fat off not only from your legs but your whole body. You can't spot reduce. The heavier and intense your leg workout is the more calories being burnt the quicker you get your legs trimmed down. Really is that simple.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What is that

At the top of each forum section you will find stickied posts that contain links to particularly helpful threads that cover basic information that will help you to be successful. It might be very beneficial for you to spend some time reviewing the information available through these posts. One that might be especially helpful to you is A Guide to Get You Started on Your Path to Sexypants.

Here are links to the stickied posts:

General Diet and Weight Loss: Most Helpful Posts

Getting Started: Most Helpful Posts

Food and Nutrition: Most Helpful Posts

Fitness and Exercise: Most Helpful Posts

Motivation and Support: Most Helpful Posts
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat less. That's how you lose fat. People everywhere, on the Internet or not, lose fat and fail to build muscle by eating less and refraining from engaging in progressive resistance exercise.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    But you can exercise to increase muscle mass so that as you lose fat you will be more pleased with the way your thighs look...
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    Options
    But you can exercise to increase muscle mass so that as you lose fat you will be more pleased with the way your thighs look...

Also true.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Also true.

yep & you said it better!

• Charawe123
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)

You're welcome.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Also, your body will decide where to lose the fat first--it's different for everyone. I lose fat from my arms, legs, face, neck, & rear-end first. I hold onto fat in my torso--my waist & bust. Of course, my waist is the part that bothers me the most. I'd much rather have big thighs than a big waist, but my body disagrees. It could be that those people you are seeing on the internet just happen to be like me & lose weight in their thighs first when they start to lose weight.