If you were a juror on the Casey Anthony trial....

Options
daybyday
daybyday Posts: 537 Member
Would you find her guilty or not? After today's rebuttal(there were some of the phone conversations I had not heard), I would have NO problem finding her guilty on ALL counts!!

Replies

• irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Most definitely GUILTY!
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Guilty!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    death penalty
  • Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Options
    Guilty but I don't think the prosecution did a good job of presenting "Real" evidence. There really is not enough to convict someone of murder. Therefore my vote would be not guilty.
  • descooley
    descooley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    GUILTY! While I think she MIGHT not be guilty of first degree murder I absolutely think she killed Caylee by accident and then just hid the situation. My ultimate thought is that she was using the duct tape/chloroform combo to knock her out & keep her in her car while she was in the boyfriend's house overnight and Caylee died.

She is a very disturbing individual.
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    GUILTY! definitely. no doubt in my mind!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have followed this case starting back in 2008. I have watched every day of the trial! On my facebook, little Caylee is my display picture.

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY!
  • descooley
    descooley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Guilty but I don't think the prosecution did a good job of presenting "Real" evidence. There really is not enough to convict someone of murder. Therefore my vote would be not guilty.

Yeah, I can see your point with this one - I have listened to most of the trial while working and I think there are some issues with their evidence BUT I don't know that I could vote non-guilty with the evidence they did present.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I go with guilty, but I've had issue as to whether there is sufficient evidence for premeditated and thus murder 1. I definitely could do murder 2 or agg. They just haven't really put Casey with the chloroform in her hands or mixing it up for sole purpose of murder. I can imagine a series of sedating Caeley and something went wrong, hence 2nd degree or aggravated. In a capital case like this you gotta have a better connection.

But really...I think this is all going to be moot with the appeals she can do with the quality of counsel she had. Baez is an interesting fella.

Regardless of what count, this chick did something wrong somewhere in June 2008.
  • TinaS88
    Options

Makes it hard when the defendant didn't report her missing for a month and then lied and lied to police wasting time.. letting the evidence get damaged. Explain the duct tape with an "accident" to me PLEASE!
  • TinaS88
    Options
    I go with guilty, but I've had issue as to whether there is sufficient evidence for premeditated and thus murder 1. I definitely could do murder 2 or agg. They just haven't really put Casey with the chloroform in her hands or mixing it up for sole purpose of murder. I can imagine a series of sedating Caeley and something went wrong, hence 2nd degree or aggravated. In a capital case like this you gotta have a better connection.

But really...I think this is all going to be moot with the appeals she can do with the quality of counsel she had. Baez is an interesting fella.

Regardless of what count, this chick did something wrong somewhere in June 2008.

Someone (the only one home was Casey) was searching on the computer, "how to make chloroform, breaking necks, shovels"... innocent people don't search those type of things and then purposely try and delete it.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

Someone (the only one home was Casey) was searching on the computer, "how to make chloroform, breaking necks, shovels"... innocent people don't search those type of things and then purposely try and delete it.

I didn't say she didn't do the searches, nor did I say she was innocent. The searches were in March, so there is the possibility that for 3 months she was just putting her "out" while she partied and the night she wanted to be with bf she used too much. The state never really addressed her actually making it and how it really was used. There are other options than one swift dose that killed her. Hence the 2nd or agg counts.

Remember the burden is on the state to prove guilt and as for the sole purpose of murder, I don't see the best dots connected there. So I do not see her really being able to be found guilty of 1st degree murder.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would be disappointed in how sensationalist the media has become that we completely focus on any crime that looks like it has compelling hollywood like story lines and make for a good cause for Nancy Grace to rally around, while ignoring the many children who die or go missing each day, especially in poor and minority community.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I believe she killed Caylee... there is no reason she didn't call 911 because her daughter was missing for a month! She knows what truly happened to her. I vote guilty! and Hope she at least gets life...

I also agree that they didn't have enough evidence to really convict her, even if she does get a guilty verdict... she will appeal
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I would be disappointed in how sensationalist the media has become that we completely focus on any crime that looks like it has compelling hollywood like story lines and make for a good cause for Nancy Grace to rally around, while ignoring the many children who die or go missing each day, especially in poor and minority community.

It's sad that only the cute kids who get killed or go missing receive the most press.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Guilty. She's a disgusting human being.
  • daybyday
    Options

Yeah, I can see your point with this one - I have listened to most of the trial while working and I think there are some issues with their evidence BUT I don't know that I could vote non-guilty with the evidence they did present.

I agree!! I don't know that I could vote non-guilty with the evidence they did present. I can visualize her trying to keep her quiet with the chloroform and duct tape so definitely the manslaughter. NOTE: I have never served on a jury but I sure hope to some day!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Guilty as hell
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Hmm i havent heard these phone calls.... I was watching the closing statements yesterday at the gym and I was honestly a little torn ... the one thing that sticks with me is the fact that she has ZERO EMOTIONS about the entire thing! Its so sad :( I do think there were a lot of mistakes during the investigation of the crime scene(s). Being a law/criminal justice student (almost graduate) I try to look at all the angles and I find this case extremely frustrating. I hope that justice is served for this innocent young child
  • daybyday
    Options
    Hmm i havent heard these phone calls.... I was watching the closing statements yesterday at the gym and I was honestly a little torn ... the one thing that sticks with me is the fact that she has ZERO EMOTIONS about the entire thing! Its so sad :( I do think there were a lot of mistakes during the investigation of the crime scene(s). Being a law/criminal justice student (almost graduate) I try to look at all the angles and I find this case extremely frustrating. I hope that justice is served for this innocent young child

Today Linda Drane Bur**** played a recorded phone call from Casey the day of or day after she was arrested July '08 where all she wanted was her BF Tony's phone #. Casey said "all you guys care about is Caylee" and then in the next breath she said "well I do too". Casey went on and on about getting Tony's phone #. Her mother, brother and a friend all talked to her on the phone and asked where is Caylee and we want to help you. That is what sealed it for me.