The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 2 (DITR)

Options

Replies

• pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Saturday's QOTD: I am a visual person so I keep visual inspiration around at all times. Find and post a visual body inspiration that you are working towards.

I do have to say I admire Jillian Michael's but Julianne Moore was on my last issue of health magazine and looks absolutely amazing too!

Sunday's QOTD: do you have a good low calorie cocktail/drink??
    Bud Select 55 is not bad for the beer cravings. I tend to stick with wine or beer after my last margarita experience (750 calories for 2 big ones!! ARGGH!)
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Well, I haven't really been drinking alcohol - I've wanted to eat my calories rather than drink them. But I have had a half-glass of wine a couple of times. One shot of rum is about 65 calories, so if I had a mixed drink I'd go with rum and diet coke (and have about twice the amount of diet coke as a normal drink).
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

I don't drink alcohol. I do love non-alcoholic pina coladas, definatley not low calorie or sugar.

For Saturday's ? I would have to post a picture of GUMBY. There are a lot of people that I would like to look like, but when I lose weight I most resemble Gumby.
  • journey2size10
    Options
    GOOD MORNING DITR

I actually JUST did alot of research on this because I know I will be indulging tomorrow :)
    Everyone says the clear liquors have the lowest calories and less sugar, vodka reigns champ for me because they say it will taste like whatever you mix it with!
    so my plan tomorrow is to mix a shot of vodka with water and tsp or two of berry pomegranate mio = 100 calories
    If it's horrible, I will probably just drink vodka on the rocks, chasing with mio drink.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Happy Sunday Diamonds! do you have a good low calorie cocktail/drink??

When I drink I like flavored vodka with diet coke: Svedka or Stoli are 66 calories so very do-able. Raspberry and vanilla are favorite flavors.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

Hello ladies... a lovely low calorie cocktail is:
    Crushed ice and mashed strawberries with a good slug of vodka and mixed in a jug with low calorie cloudy lemonade. Serve in cocktail glasses with a nice wedge of lime and a sprig of mint. YUM YUM.... slurp!!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    ooooo I am a big behind on QOTD, sorry!

Saturday's QOTD: I am a visual person so I keep visual inspiration around at all times. Find and post a visual body inspiration that you are working towards.

I think for me it would be someone like Angelina Jolie.... long and lean without loosing those curves in the right places.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I'm pretty boring and stick with diet coke with rum. That just makes it easier to count the calories. However, if you are friends with MFP user StillSossy word on the street is that she has a mean sangria recipe!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    I dont know how ot upload a picture, but I love Chris Freytag! She's older, but fit fit fit an a great bod tto match it! I cant wait to be really fit in my 40s!
    Sunday: Low Calorie, Cocktail drink?

Diet 7 up and Southern Comfort. I never drink soda unless I'm mixing it with alc.. delicious!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I've cut right down on alcohol, never been a big drinker and not really enjoyed it so its an easy change to make, on the rare occasion I do indulge I've been having an Australian Blonde beer called Hummingbird which is flavoured with passionfruit, 96 calories, 3.6g carbs a bottle and very light to drink.
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Saturday:
    I dont know how ot upload a picture, but I love Chris Freytag! She's older, but fit fit fit an a great bod tto match it! I cant wait to be really fit in my 40s!

I had to google her, but she looks great!

Store39.jpg
  • miss_jamaica
    Options

I do have to say I admire Jillian Michael's but Julianne Moore was on my last issue of health magazine and looks absolutely amazing too!

I decided to add the pictures for you guys. This is for Pam.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOX1CBchrrZ6NIU01CPzJt_xc0WnjPgXldFSOj0yCFWNBv1_-D7w&t=1
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    QOTD response for Saturday. Khloe Kardashian. I love her body. She is tall like me so I like that she holds her figure so nice. Couldn't get the pic to post but oh well.

Nice choice Mona!

Khloe-Kardashian-Weight-Loss-5.jpg
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Oh great, I suck at code, lol. Just gonna copy and paste the link, then.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj33qrYktF1qf2olgo1_500.png

...and for Maureen:

tumblr_lj33qrYktF1qf2olgo1_500.png
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    I haven't really looked at pics of other women with the body I want. Ummm, I guess I'd say Jessica Simpson. She has had a lot of criticism for being fat, but I think she has a beautiful curvy body. I wouldn't mind having it! (I don't know how to add a picture, only the link....sorry!)

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Jessica-Simpson...back-in-the-day-when-her-bod-was-hot.jpg

...and for peanut613

Jessica-Simpson...back-in-the-day-when-her-bod-was-hot.jpg
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

I'm not much of a drinker, but I like to do a shot of rum in diet coke with some lime. I've also done kahlua into coffee (sweetened with splenda).

I've been told MGD 64 is good for beer--64 cals each. I've also heard vodka and Crystal Light.

Mainly, the clear liquors are lighter in cals than the darker ones.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    QOTD Saturday: I've never really thought about who I would actually like to look like realistically. The people I would love to look like have different body types than I do and there is no way no matter how hard I work I will look like them. Also, some of the people I've considered are horrbile people and not worth looking up to, not even just for their body. I guess my morals kind of get in the way of this question! LOL

QOTD Sunday: I don't have a low calorie mixed drink....when I drink...I go all out. I don't worry about calories and such when I go to drink! i know it's bad, but when I drink, it's usually for a celebration of some sort, so when I celebrate, I don't count calories.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    QOTD Saturday: I've never really thought about who I would actually like to look like realistically.

I guess Trisha(She is an Indian Actress) she might be shorter than me but luv the way she looks in Indian and western dresses
    http://www.jeevan4u.com/filmstars/trisha/

QOTD Sunday: I don't have a low calorie mixed drink.

Caffee latte and protein mix its great

Kathy
  • reeology
    reeology Posts: 22
    Options

Oh gosh, um... no? lol. I've never even thought about looking into that. That's a great question! I'll have to do some research. I'm very interested to see what everybody else has to say! I hope there are some good ideas out there ;) Just in time for the 4th, amirite?
  • journey2size10
    Options
    Just wanted to give a heads up on my drink plan for today.
    I took a shot of vodka, added about 6 oz of water and 3-4 drops of strawberry watermelon mio plus ice = happy trina

love it! and its only 67 calories (according to mfp)

I've had 2 already with lunch, now we are off to the boardwalk and I plan on doing the same thing at dinner! have a happy 4th everyone!