Low Calorie Desserts...Help!

Options

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Meringue cookies!

Ingredients are sugar, egg white, and lemon juice. Find a recipe online and follow it. They're light as air and you can eat a bunch for few calories. If you don't care if they're pretty or uniform, they also whip up fast (not including the baking time... but that's just waiting, not effort haha).
  • MarthaDelAngel82
    MarthaDelAngel82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rice cake, with a little peanut butter and a few cranberries on top!...or low carb vanilla ice cream, also you can add fresh strawberries (cut strawberries 1st and add a packet of splenda or stevia to let the strawberries realease the natural juices/sweetness and after 3-5 min mix it with the ice cream) that is a way to turn your vanilla ice cream into strawberry ice cream. OR You can add coffee, but you'll have to mix it and then freeze it again end result is coffee flavor ice cream or milk shake. There are many options with vanilla ice cream!!!
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Okay, this is my favorite desert/breakfast/lunch (it's versatile). And it's easy to have in the cupboard/freezer with very little preparation.

Get a tin of pie apples (Stewed apples in the tin) - My portion is 200g
    Add cinnamon - Just a small sprinkle
    Heat in microwave
    Add a tablespoon or two of toasted muesli/oats - My portion is 15g

Voila, low calorie apple crumble. With the brand/amount I use it's 147 calories!

Also, any leftover apples can be frozen and the muesli is probably already in your cupboard.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    These aren't recipes but they are my "go to" foods for a sweet tooth. English muffin or whole grain toast with drizzled honey. Lightly salted rice cake drizzled with honey (taste like Honey Smacks cereal). Protein and Fiber One bars (these bars really had kept my sweet cravings in check during my entire weight loss.) As for a baked dessert, I had made boxed brownies one time and used yogurt. I remember those having low numbers or I cut the serving sizes small, I cannot remember. lol
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    1 egg

1/4 c. powdered sugar

1-2 Tbsp. cocoa powder (depending on how chocolatey you want your cake)

1 standard-sized mug

In mug, crack egg, add powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk together with a small whisk until well mixed. Microwave for 50-60 seconds, until the cake is cooked through (but not overcooked!). I like to put some mini chocolate chips on top too.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    2 of my current faves.

Cocoa Berry Pops
    1 cup milk (I used 2%)
    1 scoop protein powder (i have vanilla)
    4 tablespoons dark chocolate hot cocoa mix
    4 large strawberries

Slice the strawberries and divide among your popsicle molds.

Blend the milk, protein powder and cocoa mix until smooth

Pour into molds and freeze! (I have an 8 count mold, so mine came out for 61 calories each)

Cottage Cheesecake
    1 16oz container of cottage cheese (I used full fat but any would work)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 cartons of sugar free cheesecake flavored pudding

Blend the cottage cheese until smooth add in the vanilla and lemon.

Pour into a mixing bowl and add pudding mixes. Use electric hand mixer to incorporate.

I put it in foil cupcake liners and set in the fridge, but you could put in ramekins or just keep it in the bowl and serve from there.

These made about 12 cups and were 56 calories each.
  • erinthom1984
    erinthom1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use wishbones light parmesan peppercorn ranch dressing. It has 60 calories for 2 tablespoons.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    1) Popcorn
    2) Jello
    3) Frozen greek yogurt, although any frozen yogurt will do. You can top it with Hershey's sugar free syrup.
    4) Watermelon (seriously low cal)
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Little parfait cups
    Baked pear sprinkled with cinnamon
    Fruit salad with Tajin
    Frozen yogurt and berry bites
    Pour left over fruit and veggie smoothies into popsicle molds for a treat later

• MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh my... I almost forgot I saw a recipe for grilled peaches stuffed with ricotta cheese... now that sounds good to me. I am on pinterest, lol
  • getfit_fritch26
    getfit_fritch26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make fake apple pie

I slice up an apple and put it in a skillet with a little butter, water, cinnamon, and Splenda.

I warm it up until the apple is soft and then I top it with a little granola...so good!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Skinny Cranachan: raspberries layered with plain yoghurt, honey and toasted rolled oats. Cranachan is a traditional Scottish dessert which uses whipped cream, but the yoghurt version is good too. The oats sound strange but are AMAZING. Just toast them in a dry pan til they turn brown.

Similarly, skinny Eton Mess: sliced strawberries layered with crushed meringue and plain yoghurt.

These two can of course be combined to make Cranachan Mess, and toasted flaked almonds are a fabulous addition. I often make this for parties and just keep all the components separate so people can make up their own, with a choice of yoghurt or whipped cream.
  • jocooz
    jocooz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made the SkinnyTaste black bean brownie and they were delicious. It's a must try!
  • ReneeAWheeler7
    ReneeAWheeler7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the weight watchers soda cake recipe - it uses any boxed cake mix & a can of diet soda. Some of my favorite combos are vanilla mix & orange soda, chocolate mix & cherry cola, & Angel food with lemon lime soda. I even use whipped topping & a sugar free pudding mix that matches the flavors for frosting!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    This is simple, but I love to slowly nibble on a piece of dried fruit like a pear or a peach, sometimes accompanied by a small piece of brie. Maybe not as low calorie as you were looking for, but not over the top.
  • sheritimmons25
    sheritimmons25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whipped yogurt. I especially like key lime and orange flavors. They're light,fluffy, sweet and yummy. Also fewer calories than regular yogurt.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I always have sugar free jelly pots made up. Less than 10 calories per pot and sometimes I add some grapes for a little extra. Otherwise I have a cereal bar or a biscuit for my after dinner treat.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Ice cream: Halo Top, Artic Zero, Enlightened Bars, Dove snack sized chocolate covered strawberry sorbet bars

Desserts:

Berry crumble - berry of your choice, topped with crumble made from protein powder (unflavored or vanilla), little butter, oats)

4 layer Dessert - Crust = 1c flour, 1/2 low cal butter; 2nd layer = 1pkg no fat cream cheese, 1/2 powdered sugar or stevia, 1/2 fat free whipped cream; 3rd layer = sugar free chocolate pudding; 4th layer = fat free whipped cream. Top with chocolate curls or pecan pieces.

Snacks: Popcorn, Pirate's Booty, heated up Pure Protein Bar
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Berry crumble - berry of your choice, topped with crumble made from protein powder (unflavored or vanilla), little butter, oats)
    Sounds delightful!
    4 layer Dessert - Crust = 1c flour, 1/2 low cal butter; 2nd layer = 1pkg no fat cream cheese, 1/2 powdered sugar or stevia, 1/2 fat free whipped cream; 3rd layer = sugar free chocolate pudding; 4th layer = fat free whipped cream. Top with chocolate curls or pecan pieces.
    How much butter? 1/2 cup? Do you back the crust layer and cool before adding the other layers? Love the sounds of this.