If you were a juror on the Casey Anthony trial....

Options

Replies

• kamm602
    kamm602 Posts: 18
    Options
    I say GUILTY!!! Yeah, Baez made some good points, but you can tell in her actions, well LACK of actions or emotions, that she is guilty. Accident or not she had everything to do with it... The whole mistress thing and the child abuse BS was just a decoy the defense tried to use to take the light off of the little *****... I have watched most of the trial and caught high points on CNN.com and seen most of both arguments on defense and prosecution side. Think both sides acted a little childish at times but I think Judge Perry will handle them after this is over.
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Guilty.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Guilty on a lesser charge. Not enough evidence that you can say without a reasonable doubt based SOLELY on the evidence presented that she did what is being alleged.
  • dawning
    dawning Posts: 32
    Options
    If it was not murder why didn't she just tell what happened and make a plea agreement. Its better then the death penalty or life.
  • dawning
    dawning Posts: 32
    Options
    It makes you wonder what else she did to that sweet, little girl when no one was around.
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I haven't done much watching of the trial (read: none) but from what I read about that diary entry she made the day Caylee died about how she hopes it turns out for the best, and her partying it up for weeks while her daughter was dead, I'd say guilty just for that. My son went missing for about 2 minutes and I freaked the fu*k out. I can't imagine partying it up for weeks while my son was missing. She can go fu*k herself and die. She doesn't deserve to live.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    fry her
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I live here in Orlando and our local channels have has coverage from 8:30am through the 6pm news. I was admittedly hooked on the trial and watched often. I think the State did a decent job, given the fact that they dont have hard evidence of what, exactly, happened to that poor girl. I dont think they did enough to prove it was premeditated, but they certainly have enough circumstantial facts and evidence to prove that Casey was negligent, hid the death of a child, and lied to police. Those charges right there should put her in jail long enough to ensure she cant have anymore kids.
    A person like Casey is 100%, alllll about themselves. She is one lie after another, and only looking out for herself. The wirst penalty for her would be to lock her up and ignore her. When the spotlight is gone and no one pays her attention anymore, she will truly feel punished. She thrives on the attention and the media coverage.
    She has effectively ruined her entire family, dragging them collectively and individually through the mud and forever changing their lives. She is the epitome of selfish and sociopathic.
    I think, if the jury can look at the big picture and use common sense, they will see that no one uses duct tape or hides a body to make an accidental drowning look like a murder, as Mr Ashton said this morning. And if you are NOT guilty, why wait 30+ days to report a child missing, after lying repeatedly to family and police who only want to help?
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Guilty!
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I abstain - I have not paid any attention to this trial.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm familiar with the story, though I've not followed the trial in particular. I read the story that came out today.

Gotta say, she sounds pretty damn guilty to me. Although I can understand why someone would cover up an accident, eventually one would have to realize that people are going to be suspicious of a three year old simply disappearing.

I think that whatever happened probably was accidental, but that she is the one who killed her. I wonder if they gave her the opportunity to just plead guilty to manslaughter in exchange for the truth.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Guilty. I don't think that she will end up with the death penalty ( even though I personally believe that she deserves it).
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Guilty. I've been following this trial since the beginning. Although it's a tangled mess filled with lies, I believe Casey Anthony was ultimately the one who had sole responsibility in the untimely death of this sweet little girl.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Even if it was an accident, you think she'd have some kind of emotion but no. She obviously didn't love the girl, otherwise she would be emotional. GUILTY.
  • Logicalpoots
    Options
    Burn. Witch. Burn.
  • Lisas30th
    Lisas30th Posts: 11
    Options
    Guilty
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I would be disappointed in how sensationalist the media has become that we completely focus on any crime that looks like it has compelling hollywood like story lines and make for a good cause for Nancy Grace to rally around, while ignoring the many children who die or go missing each day, especially in poor and minority community.

I agree. I think she is guilty but she shouldn't be killed...in my opinion... Her attorney is exceptional.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    GUILTY!!! I hope they fry her!!
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    fry her

Nice
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That makes me so sad. I can't believe why any mother would kill her child. Rot in hell, Casey.