Desk snacks

Hi all,
I am currently at the start of my first real bulk. I am 5'7" and weigh 62kg, I am in no rush to put on weight so I'm happy with a steady, lean bulk. I have calculated my calorie target to be 2466, protein 137g, fats 69g and carbs 351g with a view of increasing calories by 100-150 per week should I see no average weight gain.

Ideally I would like to eat 6 meals a day but office etiquette does not allow this for 11am and 3pm meals. What I've been trying to do is snack on apples, bananas, grapes, greek yogurt with berries, mixed nuts and raisins, almonds, seeds.

Can anyone suggest any other suitable snacks?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If you can eat a yoghurt way can't you have a proper meal?
  • rossi789
    rossi789 Posts: 4 Member
    What would you suggest as a proper meal?

I couldn't have say a bowl of chilli, baked potato, chicken and rice. A quick spoonful of yogurt isn't deemed a break from work.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Sandwiches, bagels, how is a spoonful of chilli different from a spoonful of yoghurt?
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    rossi789 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am currently at the start of my first real bulk. I am 5'7" and weigh 62kg, I am in no rush to put on weight so I'm happy with a steady, lean bulk. I have calculated my calorie target to be 2466, protein 137g, fats 69g and carbs 351g with a view of increasing calories by 100-150 per week should I see no average weight gain.

Ideally I would like to eat 6 meals a day but office etiquette does not allow this for 11am and 3pm meals. What I've been trying to do is snack on apples, bananas, grapes, greek yogurt with berries, mixed nuts and raisins, almonds, seeds.

Can anyone suggest any other suitable snacks?

When I did my first bulk and just started my second one, the snacks that you have are more or less the snacks that I have in the office. I was on 4,000 calories. Thankfully I don't have to eat that much on the 2nd bulk but still have the same snacks as the ones you more or less suggested and they worked/still are working for me. Apples, bananas, almonds, cashews.
  • rossi789
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

When I did my first bulk and just started my second one, the snacks that you have are more or less the snacks that I have in the office. I was on 4,000 calories. Thankfully I don't have to eat that much on the 2nd bulk but still have the same snacks as the ones you more or less suggested and they worked/still are working for me. Apples, bananas, almonds, cashews.

I suppose just increase the quantities consumed as I increase calorie intake.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    I'm personally a huge fan of cottage cheese: I single serve it out in individual containers..shoot for regular fat if you are bulking. Also: almond butter/peanut butter and...WHATEVER YOU want to put it on is delicious. :)
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    rossi789 wrote: »
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »

I suppose just increase the quantities consumed as I increase calorie intake.

Exactly. When I was 4,000 for the mid morning snack I would normally have a handful of almonds, handful of cashews and an apple while for the mid morning snack, same re almonds and cashews with a pear. Got incredibly bored of pears at the end of my last bulk I cant even look at them. Currently on this bulk, only need the handful of almonds twice daily and will include the cashews in the weight gain stops in the future.
  • rossi789
    I'm personally a huge fan of cottage cheese: I single serve it out in individual containers..shoot for regular fat if you are bulking. Also: almond butter/peanut butter and...WHATEVER YOU want to put it on is delicious. :)

Cottage cheese sounds good! I'll throw in some fruit with it, yum! Thanks
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    I eat BF at home and then bring in a bowl of mashed up boiled eggs and half an avocado. Also do protein shakes and bars, peanut butter out of the jar, microwavable sweet potato, beef jerky etc etc. Adding Oates and chia seeds to your shakes helps too.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    I don't know if protein shakes are part of your program but I can suck one of those down to the tune of 160 calories in about 15 seconds when I am busy at work...
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    I have protein shakes or protein cookies/brownies from myprotein
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Cherries, Berries, Almonds, Cashews, Boiled Eggs, Sliced chicken breast, if you're excited Drumsticks.
  • rachel29hart
    rachel29hart Posts: 23 Member
    Popcorn, pistachios, almonds, triscuits, penut butter
  • Lisa1660
    Lisa1660 Posts: 37 Member
    pimento cheese and pork rinds! YUM
  • Taylorgo90
    Taylorgo90 Posts: 56 Member
    I think cottage cream, almonds maybe peanut butter