How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Once a week because it's winter here and I am very rarely naked in the mornings lol. Too cold!!!

It's winter here too. I sleep in pj pants and a tanktop and thats what i weigh myself in. I've never weighed myself naked, a few 100g of clothing isn't going to make or break the weigh in.

• Dejahvu04
    Dejahvu04 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work at a hospital and we have our scale in the conference room, if I happen to take my break there I will weigh myself. I don't really plan it and somehow I prefer it that way so I don't get too much anxiety about it,
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Because my goal was to focus on overall health, I opted to weigh myself monthly while losing. It worked like a charm because I basically always saw a lower number on the scale. Plus, I took my measurements. Finally, the best gage was clothes. Rather I was wearing the clothes I already had or buying new, I got the best thrill when I could get into the smaller size.

Do what you think will work for you, but monthly definitely worked for me.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Erryday!! Because I'm anal and I like numbers and graphs!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I weight daily, but record the results once a week (on the same day).
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Monday mornings normally. If I forget to do it I don't stress out about it. I know I'm what I'm doing is working since I've lost 174ish lbs so far.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food much more often than I weigh myself. I have always enjoyed great results on the people scale the more I use the food scale.
  • 87sid
    87sid Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Daily. Because if there is no loss or minimal loss then I can take it like a champ and move on to the next day. But if I've been working hard for an entire week or month and don't see a significant loss, I feel like that would make me sad and want to give up.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining.

Daily because the scale is in the bathroom and I see it so I get on it. Not sure if it's a good idea as sometimes it causes panic, I look in the mirror and think yay, then look on the scale and think yuck.

But I think that over time it will desensitize me to the number, hopefully.

I measure in inches when worried about the scale number.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    once a month, on the SAME scale. Scales vary a bit so one scale can say one thing and another say something different.
  • dlcshan
    dlcshan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Erryday!! Because I'm anal and I like numbers and graphs!!

^^^This :wink:
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a groove i weigh myself 3 times a week because I know everything's aligned so I can't help but drop fat. During not so straightforward times I weight myself daily, just to stay accountable and take note of the fluctuations. I look for the weekly low when I'm comparing week.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Once a week because it's winter here and I am very rarely naked in the mornings lol. Too cold!!!

Don't you weigh less when covered in goose bumps?
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Every day, just for the information. I track it so that I have the ongoing graph but I don't report it on my newsfeed every day. I have disabled that option and only turn it on when I have a good loss.
  • displaced1
    displaced1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It has taken me a long time to not get stressed over daily fluctuations. If I were still overly concerned about water weight I would only weigh once or twice a week. Happy scale app has helped with my stress over water weight, plus being honest with tracking.
    I can look at my diary and see that I had a binge yesterday, but I was over a certain number of calories and that does not equal what's on the scale.
  • loreefabulous
    loreefabulous Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Daily. I weigh first thing when I wake up. I like to see trends since I log my food everyday and I like to see how my weight goes up and down with workouts and the food I eat. Sometimes when I see an increase in my weight in the morning that motivates me to workout more to have a greater calorie deficit for that day.
    It works for me but it was a bumpy ride in the beginning when I initially started because I didn't really understand the ups and downs.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Every freaking day.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Almost every day. It motivates me! I usually only record my weight every few days
  • reinventingjessica11
    reinventingjessica11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Daily. First thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I like to keep track of my daily fluctuations because sometimes I find it easier to catch and correct things that may not be working for me.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Daily, naked, after using the bathroom, with the scale in the same spot. I input my weight into the trendweight website and watch my trends over time.