I NEED A SPORTS BRA

Options
13»

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    I also wear a 32H, and have a Shock Absorber that basically changed my running. I used to have to stop before I had worn out because of breast pain, and now I can keep going until my body is exhausted, instead of just my boobs.

(Also, if you've never done it, I'd recommend checking out a comprehensive bra calculator before buying new bras. A many American women in the DD range are actually DD's, but many many many of us just got stuck in "here's the biggest cup/band we have," when it doesn't actually fit. /obligatory bravangelizement post)

+1 to the bra calculator link. I went for 20+ years believing I was a 34C/36B. Loose bands riding up my back and cups too narrow (creating armpit spillage). I'm not even heavily "busty" by appearance, but ill fitting bras were taking a toll on my posture and breast health.

Nope, I'm not the size the mall shops claim I am. 30G, sometimes 32F, depending on style. Enell bras or Freya sports for exercising(my exercise "armor"! Love them). UK brands for everyday bras for small bands/+DD cups.

Ditto. I'm a 30F and spent years with stores trying to put me in a 34D bra (pretty sure I'm not supposed to be able to stick my arm in the band!). I swear by Freya and Panache. A bit pricey but well worth it.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the brand of my best sports bra (36G/H) but barenecessities.com has a lot of supportive ones that are reasonably priced.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm not too big 38C but because I've lost a lot of fat from my bust plus being 44 and breast feeding 2 kids mine are a bit wibbley wobbley, I bought Shock absorber running bra's and nothing moves and no more pain.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Panache is the ONLY sports bra I will buy now! It is amazing! I'm a 30F (was 34G before I lost weight) and I have 8 Panache ultimate sports bras in different colours! I've thrown all the other failures away and will never look back!
  • lorienellen
    lorienellen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gramarye wrote: »
    (Also, if you've never done it, I'd recommend checking out a comprehensive bra calculator before buying new bras. A many American women in the DD range are actually DD's, but many many many of us just got stuck in "here's the biggest cup/band we have," when it doesn't actually fit. /obligatory bravangelizement post)

Thanks so much for posting this! I will try it out as soon as I get home from work. I HATE buying new bras because I can never get the size right. I am basically hanging on to my nursing tanks as long as possible because the idea of switching back to a "real" bra makes me panic. And nursing tanks are nooooot good for exercising haha.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Check out Maia or Juno by Brooks, formerly moving comfort. Their site sometimes has them on sale if you're not picky about color. Free shipping and returns too if they don't work for you! I'm a 34DD / 36D and those work for me. I also have a front close from VS but being a DD it can be hard to get the hook and eye closed and it sometimes comes unhooked during my workout (thank goodness for the zipper! Lol).
    If you look for Brooks Running on Facebook they recently shared a video of their sports bras. Very helpful.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    42J here. I use Enell. It's the best sports bra I've owned. I was still getting a lot of bounce in the Panache. The girls don't even jiggle in the Enell.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    36D here and love Moving Comfort Luna.

Same. Get fitted-most running stores will fit you!!

• caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort has a lot of selections...I recommend going into a running shoe store that also does bra fits (the store where I work does that)...try on several and jump around, run, or whatever you plan on doing. We also carry Enel...which can make custom bras if you don't fit into anything else. And buy several and replace them often. Running shoes and sports bras should not have birthdays.

This.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    32DD. I swear by Victoria Secret for cardio of any kind. Otherwise I live in Natori. I own some 40 bras in every brand. But Victoria Secret & Natori are my favorites.

Did not like the feel of Moving Comfort, I felt smashed in it; but I know women who like that brand.

• madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Shock Absorber here. My boobs have shrunk a fair bit, but my sister in law who was a 40G when she first recommended them to me also swears by them.

For general stuff (weight training and the like), I like the multi sports one (I believe the model is 4490, they do new colours every year nad you can usually find last year's colours for cheap).

For running, their ultimate run bra is AWESOME. I don't use it for other stuff because I find it does get in the way of full shoulder rotations a bit.
  • hollyvalli
    hollyvalli Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    punkyb07 wrote: »
    This worked miracles for me. I bought one in every color. I'm a DDD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OMMI2S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

This is the one I started with, I liked it so much it's now my everday! I also have some from Under Armour too. Both are awesome. Check Ebay too, when I bought mine there was a seller that had much better prices with the more bras you bought. If you don't like any of the recommendations you can check Fuller Figure Fuller Bust, Georgina tries on literally millions of brands of everything.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store. I like Moving Comfort. Maia stabilizes best for me.
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wear a 38H and I love my Panache. I got it from Amazon. Try barenecessities, ebay, ukebay, and figleaves for hard to find sizes.
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like the Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra. I call it "the boob trap". I can usually find it on amazon, though it is UK sizing.

Huge fan of Shock Absorber. Won't wear anything else 'cause they provide amazing support (I'm UK 36GG so need the support