Law Enforcement

Options
2»

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I think being a police officer is a both a job and a calling...it's almost akin to being a clergyman...No one is doing it solely for the money.

That said, I also believe that NO ONE should be shot during a routine traffic violation.

Even if they point a gun at the cop during the stop?
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just want to give a shot out to all law enforcement, military and first responders. THANK YOU for your selflessness. Thank you to your families for their sacrafices and thank you for choosing to protect me and my family, whatever the cost. Lots of people in my family are in law enforcement. You are the true hero's.

You mean the people out there killing the black people?

Or the people killing little children in school with drone attacks?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    I don't understand why we thank people for a voluntary job they get paid for. It isn't like they don't know the risks. As far as the military goes, that is people volunteering for a job which inherently can involve the murder of other human beings, in the name of the "nation." It is insane.
    I have a soft corner for the military guys, especially those who fight for the country, like in a WWII situation. However, I agree with you. It is just a job.

Actually, it has tons of benefits. My wife's cousin's husband is a cop and he and his friends tell me they pull over people if they want to make overtime money. They just pull over people at random hoping to discover something and write a report. I was like.... Oh really... But they are good chaps, nice guys, but still I don't want to be pulled over if you want to make a few more bucks, bro!! Not cool LOL.

You clearly have no clue. About anything. At all.

And either you're lying about knowing any police officers or they're lying to you to see how gullible you are.
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LaMartian wrote: »
    taunto_ wrote: »

Or the people killing little children in school with drone attachs?

This from the guy with a picture of a world massacre recruiter who claims he eats babies.

At least that world massacre didn't claimed to "protect and serve" or "fight terrorism", all the while getting paid to mass murder.
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    When half my bonus is gobbled up by the government every year, I expect this service. No thank you needed.

And don't pull me over because I look like a black or Arab guy ;)

Are you a flacid dick everywhere you post? Lol
    I get special treatment from the police officers. They pick me out of the crowd just because I look foreign. Unfortunately I stand out surrounded by benign looking white people ;) So I guess I have a right to have a difference of opinion. My first amendment right.

Besides, nobody thanks me for my overworked hours, government does not thank me for my taxes, and they send me a check because I end up owing money every year. Still no thank yous, but plenty of harassment, even when I want to go catch a broadway show peacefully. I think they enjoy harassing people who don't look like the blue eyed Jesus.

From my part, I politely ignore their harassment because it is a choice between ignoring and letting them go have their donuts later OR get arrested and worse shot dead ;)

I would agree in the sense that some cops are dicks and pull people over just because. But there are very many that care about what they do, and are not like that. I actually just got pulled over the other day because my license plate fell off, only for him to run the registration and insurance to find my registration was up 4 months ago because i just got the vehicle and apparently commercial registration runs out yearly instead of every 2 years. So not only was i missing a plate, i was ALSO driving unregistered. He let me go with a warning. Now if this happened where i used to live, i know i wouldnt have been headed home, id be wearing pretty bracelets and have to pay to get my truck out of impound. Lol so im very grateful for cops like these. I think it all depends on the person behind the badge, but they are definitely under paid for the dangerous situations they are put in, for all he knew i could have been methed right out and armed
    Unregistered car always results in a serious ticket. He probably was very excited to see you.

"Actually, every time I came into contact with a female officer, it was just fun and fun. I have never had trouble with the female officers.
    "

Hm, you get seemingly more ignorant as you continue in this conversation.
    The cop i dealt with was probably early 50's or just seriously grey from stress. But he was very kind yet stern about what a jerk he COULD have been . Instead he understood my situation and told me to head home. As for your situations with "female cops" i find them to usually be very kind around here too. So its not that you're just the opposite sex.
    If that is the case, there should be more women in the service.

Besides, early 50s, you must be joking, men that age like the young ones.

Im sure you're unaware of this thing called human decency, but some people out there have it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    LaMartian wrote: »
    taunto_ wrote: »

Or the people killing little children in school with drone attachs?

This from the guy with a picture of a world massacre recruiter who claims he eats babies.

You say those like they are bad things.
This discussion has been closed.