High resting heart rate

Options
13»

Replies

• mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Talk with your doctor if you're concerned. My rest HR was higher when I was heavier than I am now. ALSO! Medication can be a factor. I'm on a medication that's a mild stimulant, which raises my HR slightly.
  • JTGJTG
    JTGJTG Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine is 127 resting. I'm down to the last 8 pounds and otherwise more muscle than most women 50+. I do have T2D on Rx, no insulin. BP is normal. Not a Type A person (but live with one. lol). On socialized medical care with no consistent doctor and certainly none that care beyond suggesting another Rx. Anyone have suggestions no what might be causing the high rate?
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough I have the exact opposite thing going on.

I'm morbidly obese still (down 130lbs) and 43 male and my resting heart rate is always 49-51

I have a Fitbit blaze and its bang on with the hospital monitors.

Very strange.
  • TeresaB12345
    TeresaB12345 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had an ablation for tachycardia and it was the best decision ever - very easy recovery and such a relief not to have those episodes. My resting hear rate is still higher than normal but it doesn't bother me now that the arythmia is fixed.
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have supraventricular tachycardia, where my rating heart rate is around 120bpm regardless of my fitness or weight. I'm on a calcium channel blocker to bring it down a bit but it still sits at about 95-100bpm when resting.

Because of this, I've been told to be careful of overworking my heart when exercising. Even with my medication, my heart rate can top 200bpm when exercising hard, which is fast enough to potentially damage the heart.

So it's worth checking with your doctor to make sure your exercise heart rate is within safe limits!