What fruits do you NEVER eat???

Options

Replies

• witchyboots
    witchyboots Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I really don't like watermelon, fig, grapefruit, melon or tomato :tongue: :sick:

I don't mind bananas but I've put myself off them by reading a story about spiders laying eggs on them or something. Probably stupid I know but it makes me feel sick!! :laugh:

My favourite fruits are cherries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, satsumas and granny smith apples.

I love coconut too but I don't eat it often as it's pretty high in calories and fat. Not sure if it's the good kind or not..
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Grapes are VERY high in sugar. So high that diabetics are advised against them. They also happen to be the one fruit I try to avoid..red grapes...green grapes I like...but the rest are great choices. Learn to love em. Love veggies too...

Red grapes were pivotal in losing a lot of my weight. Natural diuretic plus tons of the antioxidants. Besides, they taste really good! lol
  • mamasita38
    mamasita38 Posts: 28
    Options
    What is it about fruit that you dislike?

If you don't have much of a sweet tooth, maybe you can try making fruits more savory. A restaurant near me makes a ham & pear sandwich, and another has a Gorgonzola & pear pizza. Maybe you can sneak some chopped plums into salsa or something. :)

I can't eat too many acidic fruits (oranges, stawberries, etc) they make my mouth have sores.
    Maybe I have a bit of an allergy to them? Not sure.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I just picked up some cherries today. I almost forgot they were in the fridge! I think I know what my snack will be tonight. :)
  • twizzle1942
    Options
    grapefruit is a no no it screws up quite a few medications - as a yummy treat try freezing seedless grapes they make bite size sorbet style mouthfuls, otherwise whatever is in season, fresh and unadulterated by preservatives; try raisins, sultanas and dried fruits if fresh not available - if you really dont like fruit per se try making smoothies
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    The only thing I avoid is cantelope but that is because I am allergic to it and would be taken to the hospital LOL.

The other day though I did have some AMAZING honeydew melon. I hadn't had this since I was a kid and it was so tasty. I totally am wanting one at this moment!

Good luck on your search for fruits that you love.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    Why do you need to eat fruit if you dont like it? Eat lots of veggies instead.
    I cant eat any type of melon or citrus fruit as Im allergic:smile:
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options

If you don't have much of a sweet tooth, maybe you can try making fruits more savory. A restaurant near me makes a ham & pear sandwich, and another has a Gorgonzola & pear pizza. Maybe you can sneak some chopped plums into salsa or something. :)

I can't eat too many acidic fruits (oranges, stawberries, etc) they make my mouth have sores.

Ah, okay. Bananas, avocados, don't forget all the fruits that people never think of as fruits. Cucumbers and all squashes are fruits.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    grapefruit is a no no it screws up quite a few medications - as a yummy treat try freezing seedless grapes they make bite size sorbet style mouthfuls, otherwise whatever is in season, fresh and unadulterated by preservatives; try raisins, sultanas and dried fruits if fresh not available - if you really dont like fruit per se try making smoothies

If you are on no meds grapefruit is an excellent fruit. It does not affect all meds so check with doctor or research to see if it affects any meds you are taking..
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to eat fruit if you dont like it? Eat lots of veggies instead.
    I cant eat any type of melon or citrus fruit as Im allergic:smile:

because like veggies, fruits are good for us and have many nutritional benefits to us.
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options

Ahh! Start playing with PH compliments and see if it helps!
    http://www.alkaline-alkaline.com/ph_food_chart.html
    http://www.greathealth247.com/ph-acid-alkaline-food-chart.html

Maybe you could try a bowl of blueberries and sliced apricots in milk?
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like all fruit I've tried except pomegranate and most melons. I can eat watermelon, but it's kinda meh.

I also can't stand raw bananas if they have ANY sign of brown spots, but I can freeze them and make banana sorbet/icecream in the food processor. No cooked bananas either.

As for non acidic fruit... Um is avocado a fruit? Cause that and bananas are the only ones I can think of. And honeymelon I think, I can't really remember how acidic it is cause It's been ages since I tried it.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that bananas can keep belly fat on you. They are not good for trying lose that. But I'm not totally sure :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    dates

bleurgh
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    There are no fruits that you should never eat! None! I love most fruits and those I did not like I started to eat and try and now I love them. A perfect example is bananas. My doctor had me to start eating those for potassium. And now I love them and eat one a day most days.

Try to incorporate fruits in your diet when you can. Start off with one a day. Even if it is one banana a day. then try something like a apple a day.

clearly you have not tried Durian - even the smell grosses me out, though some consider it a delicacy, I consider it vile!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

I would however recommend trying whatever is in season, especially if grown near to you, then you are probably getting the fruit in it's prime and will have the best chance to learn if you like it or not :-)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love veg and salad but am not a huge fan of fruit!

I do however love Kiwi fruit and strawberries are fab too! Also pineappl is delish!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I am so jealous that you have the "choice" of what friuts you don't eat! I love fruits and veggies (really dislike meat), but I have a ton of food allergies so I cannot not eat everything. I am allergic to apples, plums, pears, carrots, peas, celery and others. It bums me out....all I want is to enjoy a nice apple or crunchy carrot! lol :o)
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    avocados, grapefruit, kiwi, peaches, mangos, but I'll try anything...
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat grapes, they kind of freak me out. I don't not like them.. but they remind me of eyeballs. I also stay away from grapefruit, too bitter!

But I looooooooooooooooooooove eating fruit. I eat bananas, strawberries, apples, oranges, watermelon, canteloupe, kiwi, almost any kind of fruit!

I find when I eat fruit, I do not crave sweets! It makes my sugar intake hiiiiiigh sometimes but I figure if its from fruit, oh well.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    grapefruit ... NASTY!!!