Pokemon - anyone else catching them?

Options

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Acidique wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I'm for it. I walk a decent amount already, but it's a chore. This makes walking fun and my 5 year old is walking with me for the first time. Normally, I'd run which is way more fun. But I'm pregnant, and I've hit the point where running hurts...and makes me feel like I'm gonna pee myself.

I see no issue with anyone enjoying a game. I'm 37 and I use it when I walk on my lunch break at work and when I go for my night time walk with my boys.

There is no need to be hating on anyone enjoying themselves. That said, use some damn sense people. Stay out of the road...don't go into shady areas by yourself at night...Don't trespass on private property.

This is a HUGE thing! Two teens in my area got arrested for trespassing, chasing a Pokemon.

yeah, I mean you still have to use your brain, it's still real life!

This is pretty much true for everything. :D

Just check the news though, some people need reminded
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I'm for it. I walk a decent amount already, but it's a chore. This makes walking fun and my 5 year old is walking with me for the first time. Normally, I'd run which is way more fun. But I'm pregnant, and I've hit the point where running hurts...and makes me feel like I'm gonna pee myself.

I see no issue with anyone enjoying a game. I'm 37 and I use it when I walk on my lunch break at work and when I go for my night time walk with my boys.

There is no need to be hating on anyone enjoying themselves. That said, use some damn sense people. Stay out of the road...don't go into shady areas by yourself at night...Don't trespass on private property.

This is a HUGE thing! Two teens in my area got arrested for trespassing, chasing a Pokemon.

I was watching the news and pokemon was leading them to a home for sex offenders. :/

• kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i hava a lumia. Shame on you microsoft!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Don't pokemon and drive...I have an acquaintance who is a cyclist and she was hit by a car Tuesday...the driver was playing pokemon and basically blasted right through her. She is in critical condition and may lose a leg.

Play the little game if you like, but use some friggin' common sense...I swear, stuff like this comes out and people turn into complete morons.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

May be true, but for some reason this app has people forgetting basic common sense. I've seen both teens and adults just walk into traffic with out even looking, staring at their phones. We've had people jumping fences into private property around here.

This why we can't have nice things!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

I was watching the news and pokemon was leading them to a home for sex offenders. :/

Some were using the app to lure people to mug them.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

That's odd pokestops are businesses and parks and statues. Same as gyms. They must be living in a home of some importance, historical maybe. Though the historical houses in my city aren't.
    Or do you mean there were pokemon in that area? I don't think there's a way for them to block pokemon from something like that.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great way to get kids killed, injured, and subject to pedophiles. Yes, that one's in the news, it is a great tool for pedophiles to gather kids or coax one innocent one to into a trap. But I think most pokemon players probably don't pay attention to the news anyway. How many more people have to get hurt or hurt others by walking and not watching where they are going, and now do it driving?

And no, you can't teach or legislate stupid.
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Don't pokemon and drive...I have an acquaintance who is a cyclist and she was hit by a car Tuesday...the driver was playing pokemon and basically blasted right through her. She is in critical condition and may lose a leg.

Play the little game if you like, [B}but use some friggin' common sense[B}...I swear, stuff like this comes out and people turn into complete morons.

This is my biggest concern with this game.
    To each their own, but if you're walking, please pay attention to your surroundings. If you're driving? Put your electronics in the trunk if you have to. I had 2 people step out onto a 3 lane arterial in traffic looking for whatever one looks for in this game. Traffic had to come to a stop for them.

It's great that so many people are getting exercise though. I'll stick with walking and playing with my black lab. :-)

Cheers.

• dbanks80
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

That's odd pokestops are businesses and parks and statues. Same as gyms. They must be living in a home of some importance, historical maybe. Though the historical houses in my city aren't.
    Or do you mean there were pokemon in that area? I don't think there's a way for them to block pokemon from something like that.

Yeah it was historical then converted to a home for sex offenders.
  • Owlie45
    Options

Yeah it was historical then converted to a home for sex offenders.

Being in the news hopefully they will work on getting that removed.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Play the little game if you like, but use some friggin' common sense...I swear, stuff like this comes out and people turn into complete morons.

Oh wow! I pray she gets better and not lose a leg. That is a shame.
  • BootyfulMonster
    BootyfulMonster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive been playing it. Good motivator to go on walks. I haven't walked more than a hour at a time though because it has been so hot
  • BootyfulMonster
    BootyfulMonster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Youtuber Diggy Buttmuncher shares her experience... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=701222070029617&id=166791616806001

I love diggy!!!❤❤
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

There should be a way to block that. I can see it now, someone gets in trouble for being with a certain amount of feet of young kids because they were there looking for Pokemon.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    qpmomma1 wrote: »
    I have been doing the Yes Fit virtual races to motivate me to walk more. Using Pokemon Go really helps the miles go by quickly.

Me too! I was really trying to resist it because, like many here, I always found Pokemon to be for "little kids". However, I am a huge gamer online. This has bridged the worlds of gaming, outdoor fun, exercise, and silliness! Just what I need to help me de-stress!

And, as others have mentioned, it is HUGE. I am currently traveling for work and living in a rural, corn-belt town with less than 6000 people . Last night, at about 8:30 at night, there were several DOZEN people out walking around the Library (several Pokemon spots) across the street - ages toddler to Grandparents. Other's were driving around the block......

• Owlie45
    Options

There should be a way to block that. I can see it now, someone gets in trouble for being with a certain amount of feet of young kids because they were there looking for Pokemon.

Probably not because they move. I don't know about other areas but we dont get specific address for them anymore, guy pretended to be fbi and killed 3 out of 4 in a group home. They would probably have to team up the police in all the areas. And update all the time. Maybe they will be able to come up with something in the future. Or at least add an option to send in corrections.
  • wrighty11146
    wrighty11146 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    been using mine to hit my fitbit steps, even the mrs has downloaded it! i was a kid when pokemon started so i can pull off the 26y/o playing it :D
  • sianlr87
    sianlr87 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have just downloaded this today as it was available in the UK play store! Can't wait to go looking for pokemon this weekend! :smile:
  • Glitterwinds
    Glitterwinds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you are playing Pokemon Go, want friends, and trying to lose weight!

Gotta catch em all!