Opinions on isagenix?

Options
13»

Replies

• Goldstr324
    Goldstr324 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am currently using the products and love them!
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The fact they think you need to eat antioxidants just shows how flawed the science is. It's a pyramid scheme scam
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can someone ban "am_fitter", he's blatantly trying to market this snake oil.

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm thinking on starting isagenix to kick off my weight loss, a lot of close family have lost a lot of weight on it. I just wanted second opinions!

My sister in law lost weight on it because she subbed two meals with the shakes and ate one "normal" supper meal a day. But she gained some weight back quickly and has gone back on it. It appears to be rather expensive and IMO the ingredients list resembles the whey protein shakes that one can find easily elsewhere. I'm sure her results had more to do with meal substitution, cutting calories and snacks rather than the product itself.

ETA: normal supper
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I know someone who sells it. By the way she talks, I would have thought that she lost a big amount--nope, turns out in years of taking it, she only lost 30 pounds. Lately, it looks like she has gained all of that back.

You can do better with real food.

The same with my sis in law. She lost about 20 pounds and was thrilled. But it didn't stay off when she stopped.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    am_fitter wrote: »
    karahm78 wrote: »
    You don't need to be kick started, you are not a motorcycle. Eat less than you burn and the weight will come off. It is not easy but it is that simple.

Actually some people do need to be kick-started. Yes. Not even ones who ride motorbikes. These are people with fatty liver disease. It's almost impossible to lose weight when you have fatty liver disease.

I am a whole foods fanatic; prepared all my vegetarian and fish meals (no animal meats) from scratch, making everything myself; exercised 4 days a week for a full year and did not lose one single pound.

I had pains in upper right abdomen, had 3 ultra sounds looking for the problem; the last one diagnosed fatty liver.

I started Isagenix, and started losing and am still losing. Different things work differently of different bodies.

I don;t care if I have to buy the shakes for the rest of my life. I feel Isagenix saved my life. I have no more pain in my upper abdomen; haven't yet been for a new ultrasound, am waiting till I've lost sat least 2/3 of my goal; then I'll go to the doctor and get anotehr abdominal ultrasound and see how much fat is left.

I know some people don't like Isagenix shakes, but myself I love them. They taste like soft ice cream. I mix and match them, a scoop of one with a scoop of another, makes for a wider variety of flavours.

Some people complain about the cost. I wonder if they are the same people who buy huge bags of chips and huge bottles of pop, and never stop to think how the price of that compares with the price of one meal with Isagenix.

Fish is an animal meat.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ^^ Yes, I was just about to ask when a fish stopped being an animal.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    blb_86 wrote: »
    Isagenix is not just cleansing. It is not just about weightloss but has plans for weight maintenance and a performance line with preworkout and post workout powders. As well anything you get what you put into it. Follow the plan and it works. I use their products and love them. I have tried others and did not like them. I still eat real food and am not starving all the time. I love their products and recommend them to anyone who asks me how I lost my weight.

Nope.

Double nope. Why spend money on something like this, if you can lose weight simply by eating at an appropriate calorie deficit? A bunch of people at my work has done Isagenix. None of them stuck with it.

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    am_fitter wrote: »
    hiyomi wrote: »
    Usually these things are scams/do not work, but even besides that, weight loss pills/shakes etc are not a good idea because you do not learn anything on how to make a lifestyle change to keep the weight off in the future. Sure, it may help you lose 10-20 lbs at first, but once you lose that weight, what have you actually learned to help you keep that weight off? Nothing. Its a quick fit that may or may not work, and does not teach you anything on how to exercise or proper nutrition. That's why I believe weight loss pills/shakes are a bad idea.

Hi, yeah I agree with you - well, I USED to agree with you, until I tried it. I am finally learning how little I actually need to eat to sustain my body; and how much protein and fat I need to feel satisfied - and I am learning that using Isagenix, and shrinking my overstuffed tummy at the same time!

I told my yoga teacher the other day: "Well, it was a beach ball, now it's a basket ball, soon it will be gone..." (My stomach that is) The fat is melting off me.

Isagenix was recently tested by a nutritional scientist. It was compared with the heart healthy diet. The Isagenix group lost more belly fat...
    Sorry, but it basically comes down to CICO for ANY diet to work for weight gain/loss/maintenance for the general population. You found something you can adhere to which is why you're losing weight, but it still relies on CICO for it to work.
    People don't have to PAY for CICO to work. They just need to learn habitual behavior conducive to attaining weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    Yup. Your losing weight because you are eating at a caloric deficit using this product. It has nothing to do with Isagenix itself, just your calories.