What do you use in your coffee?!

Options

Replies

• baciodolce18
    baciodolce18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Man some judgy people about coffee. Not everyone likes the taste of black coffee. I, for one, need it creamy. I usually just do milk and sweet n' low. I might switch to half and half as I need less to get the same creaminess factor. I drink mainly iced coffee so sweet and creamy and cold is such a delight for me in the morning. I actually don't need my hot coffee quite as sweet for some reason. But still creamy please.

I know sweet n' low is kinda old fashioned and not as popular, but I grew up liking it (I used to drink it in milk at my grandma's, I don't even know why or how it started...) and to me it still tastes good. I like how it pairs with milk. I use very little. Usually just 1 for about 16-20oz. I will ask for 2 if I get a large DD iced coffee. I don't drink many coffees though. Just 1 large one. And not daily.
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    a shot of non-fat milk - no sugar,
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    After trying all of the so called "healthy" substitutes, I decided I would rather have my coffee the way I like it. So now I drink less of it but continue to enjoy my 2 tablespoons of Coffee mate in every cup.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I can drink coffee with sugar, with half n half or black..

I have decided to focus my calories elsewhere and drink my coffee black now...
  • j3llyb3lly
    j3llyb3lly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I aim to eat lower carbs and compensate with higher fat content. So I actually use full fat cream (heavy whipping cream) in my coffee and artificial sweetener (usually Splenda). I don't eat big breakfasts on the days I drink the coffee, i.e. work days,(maybe 1/2 cup peanuts and a cheese stick or something similar) and I only drink one 10oz. coffee a day.
    On my days off, when I actually eat a breakfast, I skip the coffee altogether.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    half and half and I use regular sugar. I dont drink many cups of tea, so its usually just included with my breakfast, about 3tbs of cream and 1-2 tbsp of sugar is enough for me
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    A bit of milk in my regular coffee.. My espresso black
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I even drink espresso black so I am not normal :)
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My friend just told me the other day that she adds a scoop of protein instead of creamer. I tried it and it was delicious. Try blending with ice for a caffienated meal replacement!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Before I got back into training, I drank it with tons of sugar. Now I just drink it black and w/o sugar, it's essentially 0 calories.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I do unsweetened vanilla almond milk BUT this took me almost 8 mo to be able to tolerate it.

I started with full sugary creamer...however much I pored in. Went to 2 servings creamer +1 half and half. Then changed half and half for whole milk. Then dropped one of the creamer servings. Then switched to Baileys Original creamer (not as sweet). Then switched milk for unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Then dropped the creamer completely.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Trader joes Vanilla coffee creamer is really good! Sweet and thick 30 calories for 1 tablespoon 4 grams of sugar
  • Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Black. And the darker/more robust the better!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I use a mix of cows milk and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I fill up my measuring cup in the morning of 200ml milk and 350ml Almond milk, and that's what i use all day.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do ON protein powder and vanilla almond milk with 3 Splenda. It serves as my breakfast and caffeine.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can't drink black coffee. My coffee is better than coffee with cream or starbucks! I put vanilla cashew milk(way better and creamier than almond), sugar free syrup (brown sugar cinnamon, hazelnut, chocolate, vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, maple, etc), and 2 packs of truvia. Amazing and super low calorie.
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Here is what I did because I had the same problem. If you drink coffee a few times a day the extra calories can add up. I weaned myself off of creamer. I started by using half creamer and half almond milk. I did this for a while and to be honest I didn't really like it but I just kept doing it, knowing that it takes a while to adjust to a new taste. Then, I started weaning from the creamer/almond milk all together. And now I drink it with just stevia. The first week or so I didn't like it but I just kept taking little sips. Also, when I switched to drinking it without creamer I added more stevia and then slowly cut back on that. I'm really glad I did because now I drink it with just a little stevia and it's almost like a free food.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Black. Stop putting crap into your coffee.

This

Why would you want anything to get in the way of the caffeine?
  • caughtredhandd83
    caughtredhandd83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe try using a little less everyday until you develop a taste for it. It worked for me. I used to be cream and sugar, then cream and several Splenda, now just one Splenda. Your taste palette can change but it takes time. Also, buying better coffee (like others suggested) would help as well.