What do you use in your coffee?!

Options
I'm trying to move away from my delicious vanilla coffee creamer to a more healthy alternative so I don't have the calorie/sugar/carb guilt after my fourth cup everyday.

I bought unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sweetened with Stevia but it's just not the same and I can't get used to it.

So I thought I would pose this question other all of you!

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I use regular sugar and half and half. My coffee is something that I plan for on a daily basis in my calorie count. I know other people change this up, but for me, it is worth it.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm no help probably because that's what I use - or cashew milk or almond coconut - BUT I also add some flavored sugar free torani syrup. Makes it more like the flavored coffees you get from the coffee shop. I have a ton of flavors - most are 0 calories, but a few are 5 calories. Right now I am drinking an iced coffee with unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk and some chocolate and salted caramel sugar free torani syrups with a packet of truvia.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like it black, have never liked it sweetened. Back when I first started drinking it I added lots of milk and years ago when I decided to transition to black (I thought it seemed more adult when I was around 25) I just gradually reduced the amount of milk I used. Nothing wrong with using milk, however, or even a small amount of creamer or cream or sugar -- typically it should not be enough to pose an issue (way less calories than some of the coffee drinks at Starbucks, etc.).
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Usually just 1 splenda packet/cup. Occasionally I will add some SF Hazelnut syrup, but not frequently.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I buy really good coffee and drink it black...really good coffee doesn't need anything. If it's a dark roast I usually will put a splash of milk in there to cut it...I prefer a medium roast. Other than that, the only time I put anything in my coffee is if I'm having a cappuccino...then obviously milk and I like to top it with cinnamon.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One lactose free skim milk. No need for sugar/sweeteners.. enjoy the real taste of coffee and drink it for what it is supposed to do. Jolt ya.
  • scochran3216
    scochran3216 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since I'm doing Keto, I use heavy whipping cream or coconut oil. Never been a coffee with sweetener fan, but I'll go with others have said regarding the torani syrups. They are pretty good and I use the in other foods.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I put a small teaspoon of homemade caramel in my coffee with a splash of caramel creamer.

Sometimes I make protein coffee and add protein powder. Black coffee just doesn't taste good to me.
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    When I used to drink coffee, I used to just drink it black- before that, I used to add a lot of creamer, half & half, whatever made it taste creamier and rich... Then I tried hot green tea with a little honey and never looked back, lol.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You probably won't like my suggestion, either, as it doesn't add much in the way of flavor, but I use unsweetened flax milk with added protein. The brand is Good Karma and they sell a vanilla flavor as well, which is pretty good. I like the suggestion of the Torani syrups, too - those are pretty good and will give you some sweetness.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,136 Member
    Options
    mestout946 wrote: »
    I'm trying to move away from my delicious vanilla coffee creamer to a more healthy alternative so I don't have the calorie/sugar/carb guilt after my fourth cup everyday.

I bought unsweetened vanilla almond milk and sweetened with Stevia but it's just not the same and I can't get used to it.

So I thought I would pose this question other all of you!

Thanks in advance.

I have learned to enjoy coffee black. I used to drink it with lots of sugar and cream, to the point people would joke about having coffee with my sugar. I looked at the calories and decided I would try coffee black. At first I didn't really like it, but then I realized that without all the sugar and cream I could actually taste the coffee, and taste the difference between different coffee types. Now I can appreciate how different beans from different places and different roasts each have their own character. I missed that completely when I buried the flavor of coffee with sugar and cream.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like a cup of 2% milk with espresso. Aeropress like CincyNeid says. I just put the cup of milk in the coffee and have a Kashi bar for breakfast instead of having cereal and milk with black coffee. Usually put a little sugar in but with a whole cup of milk it really tastes great without it too. Sometimes add a little vanilla, or use molasses instead of sugar, or some cinnamon (though cinnamon doesn't like to blend in there, sort of sits on top.)

We have a milk foamer pot, too, so we can make fancy lattes.

I hate stevia, bleah. It tastes bad.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Black. Have you tried using quality beans and making your coffee with a French press or aeropress? Sometimes I'll make homemade vanilla hazelnut milk and add that.
  • ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fat free half and half! It's a little sweeter than regular and 20 cals per serving. I have 70 cals for coffee pre logged for everyday
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I like mine black. I only drink Dunkin Donuts k-cups French vanilla or Hazelnut (my favorite) at work and home. I accidentally took a sip of my husband's coffee (with sugar) and had to spit it out, dreadful!