This is me now at 24st 1lb I hate myself

Options
jrobertson290365
jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
This is a photo of me at 24st 1lb, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity as I know I got myself into this mess but I really hate myself and the way I look, but hopefully this photo will motivate me to lose more weight as i've lost 7lb in 2 weeks. 8b4ri9kp1yet.jpg

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Chin up!!
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The beginning of every journey starts with the first step. The first step was knowing you need to make a change. Not hating yourself, use your energy for the journey and discovering how to change your bad habits. Go for a walk, if you walk 15 min today 20 min tomorrow and keep going till you are walking km at least a day, make good dietary choices, weigh all meals, eliminate all sugars,sodas and juices are out, no processed foods, eat as close to nature as you can. Log everything, remember if hiding food from MFP you are only lying to yourself, Friend people to support you. What happened yesterday is over, today we begin again, for a better tomorrow. It will take time, trust me I know, almost a year now on my journey, slow and stead wins the race.
    Best of Luck, I know you can do it!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    7 lbs is a great start but hating yourself does not do you any good. Your body does not define you. Good luck.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Well.... The "I hate the way I look" thing, I can understand - however, the "I hate myself" thing really bothers me :/ I think, unless you can look at yourself and your goals positively, you will have a hard time making changes.

Personally, I KNOW you can lose weight if you put forth effort - I don't even know you personally, but I have 100% confidence that you can do it :)

Now, as to how quickly it comes off and how successful you are in keeping it off is up to you! I, for one, would love to see your progress B)
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    So you made some bad choices but here you are now taking the first step towards a better you.
    Embrace that, embrace this supportive community, and do your best to get into the routine of meal tracking and general good dietary practices.
    Don`t be so hard on yourself or you`ll stop before you start.

Could not have said this better myself. OP, you CAN do it! One day at a time, and think positive thoughts. The MFP community is great, and here for you.