Options
2»

Replies

• Puravidablonde
    Puravidablonde Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    loridz wrote: »
    Thanks all. I appreciate the help. I'm not under eating, I just eat a lot of things with lower calories and I'm not going to force myself to eat more if I'm not hungry. I really appreciate the ideas. My question was about the program, not asking for advice on my calorie consumption.

Generally when people are getting that message and hesitant to share what their calorie goals are, it is a sign they are undereating...

Not hesitant to share anything. My post was about what I thought was a glitch in the website and I was trying to get an answer, lol. I was not asking for anyone's opinion on how I eat or the amount of calories I eat. I know what I need to do with that and will ask questions on the appropriate link here if I need People to give me opinions on that.

Example, I had surgery four weeks ago. The day of surgery, I was not allowed to eat before surgery and after surgery, I was not hungry. I had two pieces of toast and my dr was happy with this and knew about it and was glad I was not nauseous and could eat anything. I also had a cookie. The dr was not lecturing me about protein and fat and caloric intake.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Thanks all. I appreciate the help. I'm not under eating, I just eat a lot of things with lower calories and I'm not going to force myself to eat more if I'm not hungry. I really appreciate the ideas. My question was about the program, not asking for advice on my calorie consumption.

Generally when people are getting that message and hesitant to share what their calorie goals are, it is a sign they are undereating...

Not hesitant to share anything. My post was about what I thought was a glitch in the website and I was trying to get an answer, lol. I was not asking for anyone's opinion on how I eat or the amount of calories I eat. I know what I need to do with that and will ask questions on the appropriate link here if I need People to give me opinions on that.

Example, I had surgery four weeks ago. The day of surgery, I was not allowed to eat before surgery and after surgery, I was not hungry. I had two pieces of toast and my dr was happy with this and knew about it and was glad I was not nauseous and could eat anything. I also had a cookie. The dr was not lecturing me about protein and fat and caloric intake.

pretty sure he wasn't lecturing you because he figured it was only one day and you had just had surgery. Not that he was condoning a daily thing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good to hear the program is doing its job.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I think it will keep yelling at you :smile:

Did you try to up your weight loss goal?
    Or lower your activity level?

Besides, you probably know that your body will go in 'starvation' mode when you eat too little? It will just bite you once you up yourbintake again and save for the next drought.

Not really..... But I agree that drastically under eating isn't a good idea
  • marmalade225
    marmalade225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but do you guys understand that she is an adult and can make decisions for herself? You have no idea what's going on with her and frankly it's none of your business. Like she said, she was asking about the program and NOT advice on her diet. If someone asks you not to give them advice, then don't. And if you're going to anyway, then at least be respectful of her and drop the condescending tone. At least that's what I think. No disrespect meant to anyone :smile:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but do you guys understand that she is an adult and can make decisions for herself? You have no idea what's going on with her and frankly it's none of your business. Like she said, she was asking about the program and NOT advice on her diet. If someone asks you not to give them advice, then don't. And if you're going to anyway, then at least be respectful of her and drop the condescending tone. At least that's what I think. No disrespect meant to anyone :smile:

Strong first post. You joined just to white knight?
  • Puravidablonde
    Options

Thank you. Amusingly, you are right on. I just started using this site. I had one day, yesterday, where I didn't eat a lot and the program would not let me save and i was like confused as I wanted it to save for the day.

I'm not coming on here to be lectured because I have days where the program thinks I don't eat enough or days I go way over because I eat like crap. It does not mean I'm anorexic or have an eating disorder because I have a busy day and don't eat the calories it wants me too or I eat out at a lot and eat too much.

The next day it balances out and I eat more or less. I don't have to eat exactly the amount the program wants me to do every single day and it doesn't mean I have problems.

It appears people on this site are quick to jump all over everyone and be know it alls. When someone asks a question, maybe answer it instead of answering questions that were not even asked.

And thank you for your post!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Thank you. Amusingly, you are right on. I just started using this site. I had one day, yesterday, where I didn't eat a lot and the program would not let me save and i was like confused as I wanted it to save for the day.

I'm not coming on here to be lectured because I have days where the program thinks I don't eat enough or days I go way over because I eat like crap. It does not mean I'm anorexic or have an eating disorder because I have a busy day and don't eat the calories it wants me too or I eat out at a lot and eat too much.

The next day it balances out and I eat more or less. I don't have to eat exactly the amount the program wants me to do every single day and it doesn't mean I have problems.

It appears people on this site are quick to jump all over everyone and be know it alls. When someone asks a question, maybe answer it instead of answering questions that were not even asked.

The site still saves you meals. I never close out my day and can get all the charts and stuff.
  • Puravidablonde
    Options

The site still saves you meals. I never close out my day and can get all the charts and stuff.

Awesome. Thank you for that info. Love this site compared to my old one. Been adding recipes like crazy.
  • planetfatty
    planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To be fair, you posted on a public forum filled with people who, for the most part, take their health - or at least their calorie intake - pretty seriously. Most people aren't going to be like, "here's a way around that - keep doing what you're doing" because they understand that consistent inadequate calories isn't something to encourage. If it's not a regular occurrence and the under days are balanced out by over days, it would make sense to mention that in the original post.
  • VickyObe
    VickyObe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You could use the quick add calories(I plug in snacks) to use as a plug. It doesn't adjust the protein carbs and fat so your charts stay the same/accurate it just changes calories consumed. I do this to partially offset my exercise since I don't want to eat back all of my calories. I do know it let's you not eat back your calories but if I see I have calories remaining I eat them;) I'm very sedentary at work so part of my exercise is used to offset a normal persons mobility in the day. (I'm lucky if I log 600-700 steps in a 9 hour work day)
  • Puravidablonde
    Options
    To be fair, you posted on a public forum filled with people who, for the most part, take their health - or at least their calorie intake - pretty seriously. Most people aren't going to be like, "here's a way around that - keep doing what you're doing" because they understand that consistent inadequate calories isn't something to encourage. If it's not a regular occurrence and the under days are balanced out by over days, it would make sense to mention that in the original post.

I'll keep that in mind to post my entire life story every time I ask a question on here lol. Seriously though, my husband and I were talking about this the other day. When i ask my clients a question at the office, they tend to answer the question and twenty others I didn't even ask. What is with people answering things that were not asked? Is this the new societal norm? I tend to not give advice unless it's asked specifically for. Like if someone posted they got sick from eating meat and wondered why, I would not post haha you should be a vegetarian, or you should not be earing meat at all. I would suggest perhaps the way it was cooked, where it was obtained from, etc.

Anyway, I answered my question a long time ago. That day I went under, the site did save the entry even thou I was not allowed To hit thier save button. No biggie at all.
  • Puravidablonde
    Options
    You could use the quick add calories(I plug in snacks) to use as a plug. It doesn't adjust the protein carbs and fat so your charts stay the same/accurate it just changes calories consumed. I do this to partially offset my exercise since I don't want to eat back all of my calories. I do know it let's you not eat back your calories but if I see I have calories remaining I eat them;) I'm very sedentary at work so part of my exercise is used to offset a normal persons mobility in the day. (I'm lucky if I log 600-700 steps in a 9 hour work day)

Thanks so much for the help! I haven't Been able to work out as I had surgery about three weeks ago but know the program is really going to hate me when I start running, hiking, and doing personal training again.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the help! I haven't Been able to work out as I had surgery about three weeks ago but know the program is really going to hate me when I start running, hiking, and doing personal training again.

Why would it hate you? I thought this was a one time occurrence not a planned regular event to under eat, especially when you are exercising strenuously?
  • planetfatty
    planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's hardly posting your life story to mention that eating under your recommended calories isn't an every day regular thing, but ok. I don't understand being defensive when people were trying to be helpful and benefit you.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

As long as my gross calories are 1000+ it saves even with a lower net due to exercise. If I ate 1200 and exercised 800 for a net of 400 it would still spit out a projected weight loss for 5 weeks from now. The number is absurd and I don't pay attention to that message to begin with. If you go through calculations of TDEE/BMR and accurately track you can get a good idea of how much weight you will lose by a certain date without this app telling you it.