Halo Top iced cream

Options
NorthCascades
NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
edited July 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I bought two pints of the stuff because it's on sale at Whole Foods, and just tried a spoon full of the mint chocolate chip. It's yummy, light and airy but buttery at the same time. The coffee chocolate chip one isn't quite as good, but still not bad. They're both more like tiny occasional flecks of chocolate than bona fide chips.

Anyway I want to recommend the stuff because an entire pint is 240 kCals. And 24 g of protein. So for people who are prone to binging, this is a good choice. My girlfriend wants to see how many we can fit in our freezer while it's on sale.

Edit:

all_flavors-4080.jpg?format=750w

Replies

• st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find these but I can't! Have you (or anyone who sees this) had Arctic Zero? Does it taste similar or better?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My freezer is full of the mint. I eat a pint a day or so. It's creamier than AZ, more like real ice cream. I like AZ too, but I like icy ice cream. If you don't love me icy, you won't like AZ.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    I've been trying to find these but I can't! Have you (or anyone who sees this) had Arctic Zero? Does it taste similar or better?
    The original pints of AZ have some really bad reviews. I personally forced myself to finish the few I had because they were so expensive.

The newer pints have some better reviews. I admit, I would like to try at least cookie dough. The price and my prior experience with original AZ keep me from trying that and Halo Top.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Ooooo I'm just finishing off a pint of the snickerdoodle and really like it. The ice cream base has a subtle cinnamon flavor but I really like the fact you can taste the cookie bites. The pecans in the buttery pecan flavor...not so much.

But definitely Halo Top birthday cake ftw! (The vanilla was good too.)

I wouldn't actually eat the whole container of Halo Top or Arctic Zero in one shot tho because of...reasons. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I passed on the lemon cake because I figured it would be tart but now....

Gimme. :)
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love the vanilla bean!! It's so good!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the flavor recommendations, everyone! Beth has been wanting to try the birthday cake so it's good to hear everybody loves it. :smile:

Apparently you can order it online and have it show up magically at your door. I don't know the details. It's $5 a pint at Whole Foods so we're going to stock up locally. But the rumor is they're having some kind of problem getting it to stores and WF is discounting it because they aren't going to carry it anymore. So we'll probably try one of each flavor then order the ones we like.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tried it for the first time last week and it was awesome. NOTHING like sad Arctic Zero.
    This weekend I got chocolate, and lemon cake to try.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Now I'm tempted to go buy a pint. They have it at the grocery two blocks away. They only have the Strawberry left but it's really good with cocoa powder.
  • briislovely
    briislovely Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Loooove lemon! I like to melt mine a little so it's super creamy
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just bought some and have yet to try it. Tried the cookie dough Artic Zero last night and actually really liked it. Not the real thing, but curved my sweet tooth :smile:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Lemon cake was my favorite and I usually don't even like lemon. No one sells in within an hour and a half of where I live so when I get it it's a real treat!
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Love the Chocolate its so rich so you don't have to eat a lot. I really want to try the birthday cake flavor and the mint chocolate. The vanilla is my favorite.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Got the strawberry for tonight.

Has anyone actually weighed out a pint? I haven't been weighing out my pre-packaged stuff lately but I need to buckle down a bit. Just wondering how the weight comes in compared to what the package says.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for this; it's on my Whole Foods shopping list.Looking forward to trying it.

Sounds like a good thing for people who are not prone to bingeing, too. For those who are bingers, this won't get at the psychological reasons behind the bingeing so it's not a substitute for getting professional help for eating disorders.