What do you think of people who are naturally slim?

Options
I used to think they were just genetically blessed whereas I would have to work at it for the rest of my life. What about you?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I used to think they were just genetically blessed whereas I would have to work at it for the rest of my life. What about you?

Not quite sure what you're saying.

Do you still think they are genetically blessed?
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Zipp237 wrote: »
    Depends. People who struggle to keep weight on have a struggle, too. Different, but not easy. It's especially hard for small men who have trouble getting buff when that's what they really want.
    If they aren't getting buff, it's because they aren't consuming the calories needed to do it. And while many may have a higher metabolic rate, math still applies. Eat more than your TDEE consistently and you'll gain weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You have no idea how much my boyfriend eats and still cant gain weight... he has see his gp aswell and they have told him also he will find it it hard. He has high medolism and works 7.30am until 6pm mon to firday and always on his feet. And he's over 6 ft aswell...

If i could id show you a picture of his breakfast
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Damit ;(
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Depends. People who struggle to keep weight on have a struggle, too. Different, but not easy. It's especially hard for small men who have trouble getting buff when that's what they really want.
    If they aren't getting buff, it's because they aren't consuming the calories needed to do it. And while many may have a higher metabolic rate, math still applies. Eat more than your TDEE consistently and you'll gain weight.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Or it's because they're short guys who are small-boned and will just never be tall or very muscular.
    Disagree. There are lots of male bodybuilders today under 5'6".
    Believe it or not, it is difficult for some people to keep their weight up. Maybe you studied that when studying nutrition? It's usually included.
    Dependent on calorie intake. It's basic math. The whole "naturally lean" thing is a myth (unless there's some underlying health issue). Eat more than one's TDEE consistently and they will gain weight.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
    You won't convince that nobody struggles to keep weight on because I know better.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

You have no idea how much my boyfriend eats and still cant gain weight... he has see his gp aswell and they have told him also he will find it it hard. He has high medolism and works 7.30am until 6pm mon to firday and always on his feet. And he's over 6 ft aswell...

If i could id show you a picture of his breakfast

Does he have a diagnosed thyroid problem such as hyperthyroidism?

Nobody's saying that doesn't affect CICO.