Lower calorie dressing options?!?

Options

I usually hate low calorie dressings. I'm a full fat ranch lover and hate the light stuff but I have found two dressings I actually REALLY like. Ken's lite honey mustard is amazing also Olive Garden Light Italian. I usually can't stand Italian but this one is so good and flavorful. You can see the Parmesan and stuff in it and it's only 30 calories for 2 tablespoon (2f/2c/0p). Just thought I would share because when I first started watching what I ate salads were a way to get in a good amount of veggies and nutrients without being super calorie heavy. Anyone have any other suggestions not only for myself but for others who might have the same problems finding good alternatives.

Replies

• Xo_healthylc
    Xo_healthylc Posts: 77 Member
    Options
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just put cottage cheese on my salad now; lots of protein for the calories and I think its delicious.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I make my own creamy Italian and ranch using fat free Greek Yogurt and dressing mix packets. Just add some fat free milk for ranch and vinegar for the italian. 30 calories worth is probably about 1/3 cup.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Tesco healthy living mayo 22 calories for 23ml in today's salad.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Walden farms dressings I actually like.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I like Kens lite Honey Mustard as well but I mostly use olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This might seem weird, but I make my salad (which usually includes marinated artichokes and a couple of green olives) and then put the salad in a big container and add a half teaspoon of my favorite dry salad dressing mix, then shake it up until the dry powder and the moisture from the tomatoes, olives, and other veggies plus the oil clinging to the artichoke hearts have sort of combined to make a dressing. I love it.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    opalquartz wrote: »
    Bolthouse Farms makes an amazing cilantro avocado yogurt-based dressing. It's 40 calories per two tablespoons.

That sounds incredible!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I like to use apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or rice vinegar as dressing.
    Otherwise, I'll just pour a ton of salsa on my salad.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Love just about every bolthouse farms dressing. Whole family loves their ranch and salsa ranch.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    I like to use apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or rice vinegar as dressing.
    Otherwise, I'll just pour a ton of salsa on my salad.

This is what I do too
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I use salsa or Briannas Lemon Tarragon dressing (only 35 cals a table spoon).
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I usually hate low calorie dressings. I'm a full fat ranch lover and hate the light stuff but I have found two dressings I actually REALLY like. Ken's lite honey mustard is amazing also Olive Garden Light Italian. I usually can't stand Italian but this one is so good and flavorful. You can see the Parmesan and stuff in it and it's only 30 calories for 2 tablespoon (2f/2c/0p). Just thought I would share because when I first started watching what I ate salads were a way to get in a good amount of veggies and nutrients without being super calorie heavy. Anyone have any other suggestions not only for myself but for others who might have the same problems finding good alternatives.

I make my own, that way I know what it's in it and it's always super good. I don't know the calorie content cause it's by taste ... but I do know everything that is in it is good for you.

Olive oil
    Lemon juice (real lemons not like the bottle juice)
    Salt & Pepper
    Fresh garlic
    Dill (optional)
    Mustard (any kind you like)
    Tabasco (or any kind of hot sauce I mix them up)

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    opalquartz wrote: »
    Bolthouse Farms makes an amazing cilantro avocado yogurt-based dressing. It's 40 calories per two tablespoons.

Yasss. This stuff is the bomb.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I just put cottage cheese on my salad now; lots of protein for the calories and I think its delicious.

I never really thought about doing this and that sounds amazing!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I never really thought about doing this and that sounds amazing!

I do this to. Also I get dressing on the side at restaurants. I dip my fork in the dressing and then spear some salad.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    If you want a little more salad dressing flavor you can mix dry salad dressing mix with the cottage cheese - I have done that, too!
  • rheythaler
    rheythaler Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I squeeze lemon or lime juice over my salad. I'm going to try the olive garden italian
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    If I'm adding a fatty meat I'll just use salsa, otherwise it's a drizzle of olive oil with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.